[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me fix a robot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Heya robots,

Any good ideas on how to help my robot flatmate become a healthier and saner person? He is halfway working on a masters degree in something, but otherwise spends all day in his room with the curtains closed playing video games and god knows what. He lives in a messy chaos covered in leftover food and dirty underwear. I made him clean his floor last week which cut out the smell that made me feel sick whenever he opened his door, but with his current lifestyle I expect it to start smelling again sooner or later.

He has no friends and never does anything but sit in his room all day, only ever leaves to go to the store or do his 10 minutes of science stuff daily. He has one of those comic book girl pillows in his bed, so I'm guessing he doesn't ever talk people outside of his computer.

I usually don't interfere with other people living their lives their own shitty ways, but this guy smells like hell, and lives a really self-destructive life. He will also be here all summer while I'll be spending my summer with friends and family, and I would prefer if the house was still standing and reasonably clean when I come back.

What do robots? I'm well trained in screaming from my military service, but it feels kinda wrong to scream orders at some awkward overweight civilian. Write a letter? If so, saying what? Casually mentioning stuff a little bit at a time? Been trying that so far with limited returns.

- Human
>>
File: photo.jpg (212 KB, 1600x1603) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
212 KB, 1600x1603
Bump for Trump original comment ffs.
>>
Nobody? I'm disappointed that there isn't even a single reply from the robot board. It's not like anybody here has anything better to do.
>>
>>29527443
Dude, if we knew some kind of magic cure for the robot condition, don't you think we'd use it on ourselves?
>>
>>29527556
After lurking here a bit I am certain that none of you are willing to do what it takes to be happy and satisfied even if you know how. Most drug addicts are fully aware of the source of their problems but either refuse to try to stop or can't bring themselves to stop. I expect you to be no different.
>>
Leave him alone faggot, stop acting like you're superior. He's working on his masters, it's not like he's doing nothing.
>>
>>29527708
Blah, blah, blah. Like it's never occurred to anyone here that, hey, maybe they could, you know, like---maybe try something, or something. You know? Like, if only they had the precious secret you personally figured out and have brought to us today. You stupid arrogant prick.
>>
>>29527766
I would like to leave him alone, how people decide to live their lives is not my problem, but when the smell of mold from his room starts seeping into the rest of the house it suddenly becomes my problem as well. I am financially liable for damage done to the building and would prefer to not loose money because some fatty refuses to clean himself or his surroundings.

>>29527766
I have a healthy body and don't smell like excrement or live in a mold-covered gamer-cave, therefore I am superior. I would also like this person to enjoy a healthier lifestyle for the benefit of both himself and the people around him. Living in a room covered in mold and what smells like excrement is NOT HEALTHY.

>>29527821
Stop viewing women as objects and start viewing them as fellow human beings and a lot of this boards "problems" would be solved. And clean your fucking room, not just for the positive effects on your physical health but also for the psychological benefits of having a clean living space.
>>
>>29528100
Well if that's how you're going to be forget it. You should probably be aware that being a clean freak is at least as unhealthy. It's not normal to live in a completely sterile environment.
>>
>>29528100
It's all so easy, right? So why is it imagine your flatmate doesn't just do these things?
>>
>>29528317
There is quite a difference between living in a sterile environment and not refrigerator food but instead leaving it on the floor until it turns green. I don't expect him to shower everyday or anything, just normal common sense stuff.
>>
>>29528388
Too busy playing computer games and too lazy to eat other food than pizza and crisps I'm guessing.

Is this place really just filled with people who never shower, wear underwear for months without washing and refuse to eat vegetables because they taste funny? All I see is threads complaining that everything about society is wrong and unfair, but spending a single calorie to do what society expects before demeaning anything in return is completely out of the question.

No wonder people here are so depressed and lonely, it's just one big downwards spiral of negativity.
>>
>>29528100
Yeah, people aren't going to give you advice if you start acting like a dickhead.

Tell him that the smell is really bad and that it'll cause you to lose money. Might not work but who knows.
>>
>>29528506
Sounds like you've got everything figured out then. Not sure why you would need---or want---our help.
>>
>>29528100
>therefore I am superior
leave him alone you narcissistic cunt. no one needs you pretending to be the good guy. save that for the whores you trick into fucking you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.