[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day anybody here managed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anybody here managed to quit smoking?
>>
do you roll your own?
>>
>>29521329
I just had my first cigarette yesterday, can smoke for shit, coughing all the time and it tastes horrible in my mouth. Can you teach beginner how to smoke cigaratte properly?
>>
>>29521356
*can't

originalllss
>>
>>29521356
You're an actual retard. Nobody wants to smoke cigarettes
>>
Why do you keep posting this my man
>>
>>29521356
Why the fuck would you want to start this time consuming, expensive, health ruining and ostracizing smelly habit?

I've been trying to quit for a year and it's a bitch. I'm barely managing to stop now.

Except if you're talking about weed, then I approve.
>>
>>29521341
No I smoke john player standard king size cigarettes
>>
Been trying to quit for 2 years now.

I dont think i will be able to until things begin to go well for me.
>>
>>29521329
I see this thread like 15 times everyday and its always the same guy who ends up calling people a beta cuck an wanting to fight them
>>
>>29521392
This

Cigarettes aren't cool anymore and they're a huge waste of money

>tfw I was wasting 170$ a week on cigs
>>
>>29521387
>>29521392
Life been shitty and boring, need something to cheer myself up.

Weed is banned here, though
>>
>>29521356
Here's how to smoke properly:
>light cigarette
>draw, pull smoke into your mouth. Not directly into your lungs
>remove cig from your face, then inhale
>hold smoke for a very small amount of time, exhale

You're just going to cough for the first few, there is no way around it. It goes away as your lungs say fuck it

Here's how to smoke super good:
>remove cigarette from pack
>break it in half
>run tap water into your pack
>throw it away
>never smoke again

Even if you like it for a while you will grow to hate it, and it is incredibly hard to stop
>>
>>29521329
I smoked for 18 years or so, have quit now for close to 2 years. Had 3 cigarettes about 6 months ago I think, but kept on with the quit.
It's worth it, but it's ridiculously hard. get patches, get gum, get whatever help you can. Don't give up if you smoke a cigarette, just finish the pack and keep right on at it. It gets easier as time progresses, and 99 per cent of the time you won't even think about smoking, once you're out of the initial insanity. You never really quit though; I could buy a pack right now and start again like I never stopped.
>>
>>29521458
This, I recently quit 10 days ago a 30 cigarette a day habit and I had to quit because I was sick of wheezing and coughing all the time and not to mention if you get drunk a lot like I do the hangovers are way worse when you smoke cigarettes

Can't believe I've quit for 10 days and ive still got drunk everyday
>>
>>29521418
>I dont think i will be able to until things begin to go well for me.

This is an excuse. You are an addict, you have a drug problem. Your brain wants the drug, your mind does not. Your mind tells your brain you don't need it, your brain says, "uhhh yeah I do", your mind is like "...yeah, I guess I do."

In truth you would be able to quit if you tried, and so would i, but it's just not gonna happen unless you get your mind right. That's the only thing stopping you
>>
>>29521390
>>29521419
it's to trigger you
>>
>>29521513
Cold turkey, without any relapse?

How did you do it? I'm not that bad off, I only smoke about 15 a day, but I'm predisposed to stimulant abuse. It's really hard to quit.

>$180 a month on cigarettes
>$90 a month on energy drinks
>$40 a month on amphetamines
>>
>>29521465
I have no clue how someone can smoke that long. I smoked for 2 years 25 cig a day and the coughing and wheezing was driving me nuts, I couldn't even sleep at night because I would wheeze and it would sound like a loud whistle being blown
>>
What led you into smoking cigarette /r9k/?

I started smoking cigarette because I thought it will make myself look cool to do so. I was young and dumb
>>
>>29521584
I slowly cut down over 2 weeks until I was only smoking 2 a day (one morning and one after dinner) than I finally said fuck it I'm quitting for good and haven't had one in 10 days now, not even a puff

I have a quit smoking app and it says I've saved 122.75$ so far
>>
>>29521613
Started to get over a breakup. Kept doing it because it made me feel sharper mentally but it is now a burden.
>>
>>29521643
damm nigga

I want that. I want the ability to cut back. I've lived my entire adult life with the mentality of "I am a grown man who works for what he has and if there is something I desire I shall have it, for I worked hard." which translates to "fuck self control I have a job lolol"

How did you manage to cut back?
>>
Smoking threads should be reported for advisement.

Keep the marketing jew and their sheeple off this board.
>>
>Tfw picked up smoking out of boredom

At least it gives me something to do.
>>
>>29521613
I had quit for 2 years previously and one night I ended up getting really drunk and having a smoke and that triggered me to start smoking again
>>
File: 34373464.jpg (158 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
34373464.jpg
158 KB, 500x377
>>29521685
Are you dale gribble
>>
>>29521680
In my case it was mostly because of money and getting sick of always having to go to the store to get smokes

I drink a lot of alcohol so being a smoker and an alcoholic was very expensive so I quit smoking basically so I could buy more alcohol
>>
>>29521716
Mirin that willpower to be able to get drunk and still not smoke cigarettes

>tfw I'm drunk I smoke one after another
>>
>>29521710
Never watched king of the hill. Just in a time between uni and postgrad so I have nothing to do. 3 cigs a day so nothing serious.
>>
>>29521752
Yeah everyone is shocked how I can still get wasted everyday and not smoke because they chain smoke when they're drunk
>>
>>29521763
Why even smoke? 3 a day is pointless
>>
>>29521798
When I don't know what to do I go outside and have a smoke. I sleep most of the day anyway (12 to 16 hours). I like the initial nicotine rush.
>>
>>29521592
not him, but if you stay physically active your lungs kind of learn to deal with it and you dont cough/wheeze nearly as much. Although now I just have a physical job that keeps me in shape, I used to be able to smoke while running a 5k and wouldn't cough or be out of breath. But you have to force yourself to exercise or your lungs go to shit, if I stop doing something for a week or two, then it feels like I'm going to have an asthma attack from walking up the stairs.

Also your lung capacity goes way down, I used to be able to hold my breath for like 2+ minutes easily before I started smoking (used to swim and do very deep free dives quite regularly), now I cant even get past 45 seconds without feeling like I'm going to pass out.
>>
>>29521842
I had a physical job too and I was always gasping for air and wheezing. The wheezing was so embarrassing in public I'd hold my breath when people were near me because if I breathed it would sound like an actual whistle being blown
>>
>>29521902
you might have asthma
>>
>>29521329
You should snus instead
>>
>>29521329
I quit cold turkey 3 Months ago AMA
>>
>>29521329
>anybody here managed to quit smoking?
When I run out the urge to get smokes is never more powerful than the urge to stay inside, haven't had a smoke in 4 days or so I think, I went 3 weeks without one recently but someone always comes along and asks if I want some
>>
I use a mouth fedora
Cig free for 8 days now, smoked half a pack a day before
>>
>>29522884
Do you feel any better my nigga
>>
>>29521329
Do you literally smoke constantly? I get up to 15-20 in the evening while drinking, and, i drink every day and get sick of smoking that much in a short amount of time (2-3 hours).
Good thing i make my own cigarettes. A box of tubes is like 65 cents and a box of tobacco is 4,50 euros, lasts for a bit more than a week.
>>
>>29523386
Yes, I feel less stressed, my teeth feel good and I can finally walk more than 10 meters.

I noticed that my anxiety got less severe after 2 weeks of quitting.

Watch this video every time you want to relapse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbQfMmrISE

And if you want to really quit then consider taking a long vacation/locking yourself into your room without access to cigs. it's a matter of willpower, I'll never go back.

Depression and emptiness is still there tho
>>
I don't have any reason to, helps me relieve stress
>>
>>29523864
Iktf bro I'll never smoke again and couldn't believe how much better I felt after a few weeks of no smoking

>tfw I never realized how stinky smokers are until I quit
>>
>>29524053
>relieves stress

kek the only reason you were "stressed" is because you were withdrawaling from nicotine. since I quit my stress levels are way lower because I'm not craving nicotine every 30 minutes anymore
>>
>>29524053
You don't get nearly as pissed off at things once you've quit smoking for a few months , when I smoked I got irritated over minor shit and now things that would have made me snap before hardly bother me
>>
>>29524174
>>29524276

I work in a call center where white people shout at/blame me everyday for shit I did not do because Time Warner is generally shit

I'd say it's stressful
>>
>>29524416
Would be less stressful if you weren't addicted to nicotine
>>
>>29524416
Be happy it's angry white people and not Asians nigs or Pakistan fucks
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.