[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really, what is worse: Being alone and constantly dealing with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 13531513576623.jpg (182 KB, 1000x621) Image search: [Google]
13531513576623.jpg
182 KB, 1000x621
Really, what is worse:

Being alone and constantly dealing with loneliness? or being so reliant on other people that you need to be constantly around other people and never dealing with loneliness?

I ask because I see some normies who are like the latter. And that's worrying, because even though things are easy for them now, later in their lives, they are going to have to deal with loneliness and isolation. And it seems like they are just unequipped for it. The shock would be too much, and at that age, they could lose everything.

Conversely, robots have had to deal with these things early in their lives. And are at that impressionable age where they can quickly learn to adapt, accept and even have an affinity for their solitude. Nothing that happens down the road could shock them. It would just be a return to a state they are all to familiar with. They can be independent and weather any storm.

I think its easier to suffer loneliness and slowly learn to reach out than suddenly finding yourself alone and slowly learning to be comfortable with the solitude.

Thoughts?
>>
>>29520187
lonely people die sooner than people who are granted inclusion. I guess that's the only benefit to that.
>>
>>29520218

Yeah, studies do show that.

But thinking about it, lonely people are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol, avoid physical activity, and have a shit diet. that's what is causing the correlation.
And you can't really say those people have accepted loneliness if they are trying to escape it through those means
>>
>>29520187
>I think its easier to suffer loneliness and slowly learn to reach out than suddenly finding yourself alone and slowly learning to be comfortable with the solitude.
agreed

Befriending loneliness is ideal
>>
File: 1325333984781.gif (448 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1325333984781.gif
448 KB, 500x275
>>29520187
>They can be independent and weather any storm.
>independent
>can weather any storm
Is that how you see >>>/r9k/'s robots? Wew, lad.

Seriously though, as far as propositions go, yours is a rather dangerous one. Surely at a younger age you'll adapt more quickly to solitude, but during that time you should be using your malleability adapt to human conventions and behaviors. I slowly drifted into full hermit mode in my teens, and that was 10 years ago.

Luckily I turned out this way late enough in the game to have retained my social skills, but it's not a happy journey, let alone an easy one. And the longer you're alone (for me, 7 years and counting), the harder it is to imagine anything else. I am sad to admit that it's people that bring meaning to life. I've seen and done wonderful things, but it all sort of feels hollow and cold, like a marble bathroom without underfloor heating on a winter night.

You look at the world from the periphery, not really knowing if you can or even want to back.
>>
>>29520187
I'm olone like that rip me
>>
>>29520187
>or being so reliant on other people that you need to be constantly around other people and never dealing with loneliness?
I wouldn't want to be reliant on them, but not having to be alone would be nice
Not generically not alone, but with people who I can actually have an effective and genuine relationship with

Now I think if you were to put the shoe on the other foot, and force a choice between being alone and constantly being around people who rely on YOU, but never having to be alone, I'd give a different answer.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.