[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Existential Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1598x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1598x1600
What do you robots think is the terrifying/sad thing about this life that we all live? For me, it's that I'll never be able to experience everything. Never hear every good song, taste every good food, or read every good book. Thinking about that just destroys me. Anyway, /existential/ thread.
>>
>>29519743
I will never be able to believe in anything

I will never get to have a happy childhood

I will nevet get to experience teenage love
>>
>>29519855
Care to elaborate on your first point? Not calling you out, I'm just actually curious about what you mean by that.
>>
>>29519966
I want a purpose

I have no faith, nothing to fight for, I want to feel like I belong to something but I can't.
>>
>>29519985
I feel that shit. I cope with that particular problem, and part of my own, by coming up with my own idea of the afterlife. It sounds super autistic, but if I can frame my insecurities in a way that provides comfort and maybe even hope for whatever happens after we die, then it helps.
>>
>>29519743
Well i get quite existential sometimes but it's not sad or terrifying, in a way it just makes me say, nothing matters, so who gives a fuck, it's quite refreshing, peaceful, yet intrigating and shocking, no matter what we do, we're nothing more than matter going through a most likely eternal cycle, we came from stuff dispersed on space and we shall go back there in the future, in the end the whole universe may die and be reborn but if it does not then what was the point of anything, even more the tiny, futile and almost unnoticeable impact humans may have on the universe was pointless, it really makes you wonder, was it worthy? what was the purpose of life if we did have one to begin with, we are part of everything, yet we are nothing
>>
>>29519743
Realising consciousness is an illusion
>>
>>29520116
I've tried to hit the "peaceful" level of existentialness quite a few times. I guess at that point it's really just positive nihilism, but most of my thoughts tend to stray at that point into the negative. Literally exactly what you said but not in a good way.
>>
>>29520207
I've hit that point a few times, but I've never been fully immersed to the point where it actually bugged me.
>>
nothing terrifies me anymore and i wouldn't say it terrified me then, i just understand now and maybe a few things are saddening but it all comes full circle 'in the end'
>>
File: come at me bro.jpg (75 KB, 687x686) Image search: [Google]
come at me bro.jpg
75 KB, 687x686
Sometimes an earnest effort isn't enough, nothing you're capable of is enough. You're born unfit and no amount of self improvement can change it. I talk funny, I'll never be able to sing well because of it. I'll be mocked on occasion because of it, even. No matter how many singing lessons I took or how many hours I poured into practicing. Boo fucking hoo I suppose, it's a fact of life.
>>
We're all just different parts of a greater consciousness, friends.
>>
>>29519743
oh God how horrific would it be to experience the last good song, good food, or good book, knowing that there's nothing left?
>>
>>29520931
hey pal: your butt, my penis. let's go.
>>
>>29519743
I really don't like the food chain, or the constant uphill battle to supply your body with enough energy to survive, or how your body will torture you if you fail to meet its demands

Not in2 the forced dependency.
>>
>>29520975
you could just write new ones using all of the knowledge you have of all of the old ones
they'd be really good because you'd know basically everything
then you could derive satisfaction from knowing that other people read/listen to your stuff
>>
>>29521067
no no no no NO NO NO NO NO i mean yeah i guess that could work.
>>
>>29520931
WHY WOULD IT DO THIS TO US?!

man now my stomach ulcer's acting up
that makes me feel pretty existential, feeling pain when you can't do anything about it
>>
When we die, we'll either exist forever or stop existing. I can't wrap my head around the concept of forever. When you think about it it's really scary. Always being here. Forever. Or ceasing to exist. Fucking can't explain but if you think about it, it can easily make you be overwhelmed with anxiety about it.
>>
>>29519743
I can't save the world.
>>
I'll never do what i want to do or be what i want to be because my mind gets in the way.
>>
>>29519743
it's the fact that nobody really cares about anyone else past their utility. most altruism past utility comes from a desire to have an image or self-image of being altruistic. we're completely disconnected from each other. if everyone in your life was replaced with an automaton who had the same outward appearance and expressions, but no real emotion, just the ability to mimic emotions, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. we're all playing with each other like dolls.
>>
>>29521108
It's ok. We're the same being with each of us being a different playthrough of life for some greater consciousness
>>
>>29519743
Why do we eat yummy food and push out yucky doo doo? Why can't we eat yucky doo doo and push out yummy food?
>>
>>29521160
i don't like how much effort we put into living even though its all pointless

fuck you mind for making me do all this work
>>
I don't want to die
The fact that I will cease to exist strips all the joy away from me, even though I never had faith I hope there will be an after life, or that reality in fact isn't real.
>>
You live once and can't experience different life 'plots'
>>
File: 1424490579489.jpg (90 KB, 572x640) Image search: [Google]
1424490579489.jpg
90 KB, 572x640
>>29521784
>>29519743
> i don't get to experience more of life
normie answers

come back when you realize everything is actually the same boring shit and nothing will satisfy
>>
>>29520101
Believing in some sort of afterlife is not at all autistic, otherwise most of the world would be counted as autists. Rather, it's a pretty good idea to believe something comes after all this. That way you can hope while you're still alive, and when you die there will be either the afterlife, which would be great, or nothing at all, in which case you aren't there to be disappointed anymore. It's win-win.
>>
that you'll never get to experience even close to a percentage of life, and for most of us the only thing to remember us will be a stone and a box in the dirt.
>>
>>29519743
Life is endless suffering

Most lives are meaningless and insignificant

You'll never be famous or amount to anything important

You wont fulfill your hopes and dreams

Your loved ones will all die

You'll live, suffer, and die, then be forgotten, it'll all be for nothing

Life is pretty shit when you look at it
>>
I'll be forgotten once i die.
>>
>>29519985
your purpose is to work your ass off just to afford not starving to death you fucking slave
>>
>>29519743
>tfw get scared over menial shit
>dad tells me "just don't be afraid"
Fuck this anxiety
>>
>>29519743
i don't know. penis outside of body is pretty weird.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.