[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AVOIDANT PERSONALITY DISORDER (APD) >Their behavior and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: please kill me.png (362 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.png
362 KB, 1280x720
>AVOIDANT PERSONALITY DISORDER (APD)
>Their behavior and speech are controlled, and they appear to be apprehensive and awkward.
>Interpersonally, they are sensitive to rejection. Even though they strongly desire closeness to others, they keep their distance and require unconditional approval before they are willing to "open up" to others.
>They tend to "test" others to see who can be trusted to like them.

>The cognitive style of avoidants can be described as perceptually vigilant. This means that they scan the environment for clues to potential threats or acceptance.
>Their thoughts are often distracted by their hypersensitivity.
>They have low self-esteem because of their devaluation of their accomplishments and the overemphasis of their shortcomings.

I've never been described by a personality disorder so accurately. How about you bots?
>>
>>29518327
yeah I feel this too anon, but I really don't need another mental illness on the list right now :/
>>
>>29518327
6/6 just kill me

jdjdjdj
>>
File: 1399758850891.jpg (44 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1399758850891.jpg
44 KB, 500x363
>>29518327
thats a disorder now?
>>
>>29518352
It's a symptom of being a manlet or adult male virgin.
>>
Why did my life have to be ruined with shitty mental disorders I never asked for this I should've been ok
>>
>>29518327
Been diagnosed with it. There's more going on there too, like schizoid and dissociative features, but it's harder to describe or relate. My life is basically a hole I'm trying to drag myself out of so that I can live. It's honestly hard to say if it's getting better over the years: feels more like I'm only managing to keep my head above the water, but then that only gets harder as time goes on so I guess in an absolute sense I am.
>>
>>29518327
Sounds a lot like me. I assume the cure is to suffer forever?
>>
File: self diagnosis screencap.png (30 KB, 1324x278) Image search: [Google]
self diagnosis screencap.png
30 KB, 1324x278
>>29518327
Reminder that self diagnosis is pointless.

Also, a lot of these are signs of common social anxiety.
>>
File: 1460531192676.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1460531192676.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>>29518327
All 6

Doesn't help that after I finally made my group of friends I got betrayed. Talked shit behind my back, got girl to leave me, told everyone I was a bad person.

Fuck trusting people tbt
>>
I always thought I had APD but psychiatrists just diagnosed me with severe depression and social anxiety. I think being diagnosed with a personality disorder is much more stringent.
>>
>Their behavior and speech are controlled, and they appear to be apprehensive and awkward.
Yes, but that's because I'm a shut-in who doesn't speak to anyone except on 4chan. Once I spend a few hours with people, I'm fine.
>Interpersonally, they are sensitive to rejection. Even though they strongly desire closeness to others, they keep their distance and require unconditional approval before they are willing to "open up" to others.
Nope. I don't open up to anyone, doesn't matter whether they approve of me or not.
>They tend to "test" others to see who can be trusted to like them.
Yes. Trust issues stemming from past experiences. Pretty normal, I think.
>The cognitive style of avoidants can be described as perceptually vigilant. This means that they scan the environment for clues to potential threats or acceptance.
Only with new people. Again, this is because of trust issues.
>Their thoughts are often distracted by their hypersensitivity.
wut
>They have low self-esteem because of their devaluation of their accomplishments and the overemphasis of their shortcomings.
Yes, because I judge my self-worth objectively. Most people don't because they are overly emotional and optimistic.

4/6
>>
>>29519723
If it were pointless, you wouldn't have said that second line.
>>
>>29519973
Care to explain why? The second line is part of the reason why it's pointless, that you don't have the experience to even tell the difference between the disorders, ignoring the bias.
>>
Borderline + avoidant here.
No family or friends. Every ounce of attention becomes a nightmare, unmanageable chaos.

Please kill me now.
>>
File: 1458373026190.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458373026190.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>29518327
I must say, I've never been described by a personality disorder so accurately
>>
Sounds about right doc.
A lot of personality disorders describe me though.
>>
>>29519723
social anxiety is just being scared of social situations while having AvPD is being very scared of emotional intimacy. One is just people being little bitches and the other is caused by childhood neglect.
>>
>>29519984
If it were pointless, there would be no sense in giving anyone but those studying to be the professionals any information to even consider for themselves.

Being less than the maximum in accuracy does not make a judgement pointless, only less reliable, to an extent.
>>
>>29520167
same
i feel most of the personality/mental disorders i find read about are accurate descriptions of myself
not sure if it has just made me more careful about myself or just more self-aware and insecure
>>
>>29519778
Fuck off, Derek. You have none of these you fucking normalfag cuck.
>>
File: 1466819495923.jpg (47 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
1466819495923.jpg
47 KB, 536x536
personality disorders are tumblr
>>
>>29520199
>One is just people being little bitches and the other is caused by childhood neglect.
you make it sound like those are in some way inversely correlated
>>
>>29520205
You should really read the image I posted. This is addressed.

Don't act like I'm saying introspection is pointless, simply using terms that you don't really get is pointless.

>>29520199
You're overly simplifying both disorder. AvPD is more a fear of judgement, if we're overly simplifying it to it just being one thing. And all but maybe the third one can directly be a sign of social or generalised anxiety, which is why diagnosis isn't as simple as "Yeah you fit these symptoms, you have it", and why it takes months for psychiatrists to diagnose personality disorders, at least.

>>29520167
Most personality disorders will describe most people to some degree. It's very easy to interpret this as you having them.
>>
File: mark.jpg (53 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
mark.jpg
53 KB, 600x596
reminder that personality disorders dont exist
>>
>>29520255
Also, to add to the first point I made, information being available to the public doesn't mean it should be used the same way it is by a professional.

You can find out the symptoms of any physical disorder, this doesn't make you qualified to diagnose it though, they're just either leaked from medical sources, or intended for you to be able to go "Okay, this isn't normal, I should see a professional".

The second half is addressed in the image. Being completely not qualified to make a judgement does in fact make any conclusions you draw pointless, as they're completely unreliable and obviously heavily biased. But I'm just repeating what is stated in it here.
>>
>>29520255
>simply using terms that you don't really get is pointless.
Yeah, that's why sensible people stick with goo goo gaa gaa aboo ehehegh.
>>
>>29520260
They do exist, they aren't static, but persist long past a usual state. Do you honestly think everything in psycology up till now has been a meme?
>>
>>29520295
That's a complete strawman anon, I didn't say that at all.

Academic terms that are way more complex than "list of symptoms" aren't the same as basic language, though if you're telling me you don't even understand English, then yeah, you shouldn't be talking in it.
>>
Having no friends and nobody liking you is now a mental disorder. What a world we live in.
>>
>meme disorders are real
if you are so sad then just go and kill yourselves
>>
>>29520319
>Do you honestly think everything in psycology up till now has been a meme?
tfw most of my family does
>>
>>29518327
Got diagnosed with it a few weeks ago
First the docs thought I had social anxiety and agoraphobia
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.