[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I find a good close-knit chat community? I just want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Where do I find a good close-knit chat community? I just want to bro it up with some online friends?
>>
RPGCodex
>>
>>29517489
Find a cool streamer on twitch with a modest following.
>>
>>29517489
find an opportunity to make a discord and keep it to less than 15 people

youll be close to them and wont be lonely again, just make sure you set strict rules

last time I did it it was really good but I didnt do the strict rules and an orbiter ruined it for me
>>
>>29518653
That shit is cancerous. You get banned for any non-PC thing or for questioning anyone who's in the in clique.
>>
File: 1398897021152.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1398897021152.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>29517489
>close-knit community
aka a circlejerk
I don't know why anyone would want this. The reason 4chan is good because the forced anonymity removes the circlejerk. if you want to be an epic online personality go join a web forum
>>
>>29517489
/vg/ or if youre more open with being outside of the house get into a tcg and hang out at card shops for tournaments, stay even after its over and get to know the regulars and eventually youll be known there for something (hopfully not your autism)
>>
>>29518760
This. Internet 'friends' and chat rooms are retarded. That kind of shit is getting posted a lot more often around here, there must be another influx of new users
>>
Go to pokemon showdown

/join showderp
>>
File: oblomov.jpg (71 KB, 537x334) Image search: [Google]
oblomov.jpg
71 KB, 537x334
I'd like to find one of these as well. There used to be a bunch of us from /r9k/ who played this game, Transformice. We all got to know each other really well on there. I didn't really have any real friends at the time, so it was kind of like a support system for me. There was the larger group, which probably had like 50 or more people, and then there was my sub-group, which only had like 4 of us. We'd always be talking to each other, having movie nights, sharing Skype calls, etc. I was really insecure about myself, so I never showed them my face or got on mic, but everyone liked me anyways for some weird reason. I got nudes of almost every girl there, which is a big accomplishment when you're like 17. That group kinda died out though. I don't really talk to most of them anymore.

I really wish I could find something like that again. I don't really have any friends anymore and sometimes I go weeks without talking to anyone. I don't know where I'd find some cozy community like the Transformice one. I guess the catch-22 is that if everyone knew about it then it wouldn't be a small close-knit community, so nobody can really point any out for me.
>>
>>29518760
It's actually really fun if you got any semblance of a personality which I guess you don't.
The only problem with chats is that they become too draining, spend too much time there And everyone will expect to see you every day, don't comply with that demand and everyone starts talking shit behind your back
>>
>>29518811
It's not an influx of new people, it's just that this board got too big and the comfy small group feel of it died down
>>
OP you've got skype? Pass it to me.
>>
>>29518692
I've been in a skype group for 8 month with a number of people that fluctuates from 20-30 it seems, and we literally have no rules.

we also gave mod powers to like half the people in there and mods kick anyone they want, and if someone dislikes that decision they add them back and tell the guy who kicked him to stop being a cunt. This system has worked perfectly.

Why do you need rules anon
>>
>>29519682
because without rules it gets infested with orbiters thus forcing people to tippy toe around with what they say for fear of triggering a white knight and thus lowering the quality of posts

you giving people the power to ban anyone lolsorandum is disgusting and is not something a closeknit community would do unless you only count the "clique" ina your group made up of the most frequent posters as the community

20-30 people is also

C R O W D E D
>>
>>29519753
we kick orbitters and white knights though.

we also give mod to pretty much anyone who asks provided they've been around for a couple months or so. we started with like 2 or 3 after person who created it realized only 1 mod was an awful idea. Mods also kick each other if they start being faggots.

We do movie nights, game nights, people often play vidya with one another, talk about philosophy, history, art, tons of shit. I'm not sure what you would call close knit, but there is most certainly no clique. We have gone out of our way to remove anyone who behaves as if being part of some "in" group makes them superior. I do not belong there or have more authority there than any other person even though if I've been there for longer and have mod.

currently skype sais 24, but im sure at least 5, maybe 10 of those are inactive enough that I don't regularly notice them, but just active enough that the usual purging of inactives sees them added back because they talk occasionally.

We're also vaguely planning an irl meet up next month, and there is a real possibility it will turn out to be a suicide pact.
>>
>>29518653
Friendships not based on money are preferable
>>
>>29518696
> Start watching random twitch stream because I've never seen one before
> The streamer and his mods are in the middle of some joke about Jews and the holocaust
> Decide to try something similar
> Make a joke about Muslims
> Banned because one of the mods has a Muslim dad
>>
File: 1466045357408.png (216 KB, 377x512) Image search: [Google]
1466045357408.png
216 KB, 377x512
tfw been on irc for decades

tfw non stop comfy chats
>>
>>29519908
post skype group id so we can lurk to assess compatibility
>>
>>29519682
sounds to me like you don't have females (or attractive ones at least) in your chat or it would have gone to complete shit already with that kind of anarchic power structure.
>>
>don't have females (or attractive ones
doesn't matter if women are in or out of a given chat
they act like cunts they get ejected
>>
I have never tried this. My "friends" irl are not very relatable to me, and once-twice a week is fine when I talk to them or meet them for D&D. And I don't actually consider them that much of friends anyhow, mostly classmates. Even the two people that are more relatable for me are not even close to be actual friends of mine, or at least moderatably relatable intellectually or regarding interests. So I wpuld like it a lot to find a small group of people with similar interedts and a similar intellectual level to talk to regularly. I would much prefer not any girls whatsoeve, for various reasons, especially orbiters. Any reccomendations? Any of you interested?
>>
I thought there was an /r9k/ discord? I saw it being posted here a while ago.
>>
>>29518653
>>29518696
Have you guys noticed an influx of roasties in twitch comments? They always have obvious roastie names like "ashleyflower" or some shit and they're usually mods too

Fuck, so many betacucks on twitch who orbits these """girls"""
>>
>so many betacucks on twitch who orbits
everywhere
there are betas who orbit everywhere
it's even creeping into into this last holy bastion as roasties get smarter to obtain attention
>>
>>29520023
having a joinable link is cancer

add shutthefuckuplori and ill add you though
>>
lewd.sx is pretty cozy, but also pretty slow.
It's discord however is really active.
>>
Does anyone want to be friends that is not based on video games? I very rarely play them, if ever, and mostly just watch movies or read.

I'd love some online friends but it's always based on video games unless I make a tumblr or some shit.
>>
>>29520276
>shutthefuckuplori
you'll be messaged by an account claiming to be hacked
I did this to rid myself of highschool contacts, is legit
>>
>>29518760
This, so much this. Literally everywhere where you have user accounts and any form of a rating system, you either have to seriously self-censor your posts and indulge the forms of degeneracy they're riddled with (there's always something), or get banned/downvoted to the point where the system auto-hides everything you post.
>>
ive been in a comfy r9k chat for years

memes and shitposts abound
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.