[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
making money together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: jews.jpg (151 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
151 KB, 800x532
Who remembers that business group we tried to start a couple of years back?

We had a bunch of robot developers, marketers, etc, who were trying to make money together but the group was ruined by trolls.

I was thinking recently that the idea could still work if its run differently ... I have nothing but free time myself and I've learned a lot since the first time we tried this. Even found out a few ways to get customers and made some money.

Anyone still interested in trying this?
>>
>>29517444
>wanting to start a business with people you know nothing about
>you never even met them
>nobody to vouch for them

I'm genuinely curious how that'd work
>>
>>29517444
im in, get me a place near the top of this pyramid scheme and Ill do what I can to make sure we all make enough money to overthrow the normies
>>
>>29518185
Yea OP this is a huge problem. There just not the accountability and trust with complete strangers over the internet. It could only work if a small group of us actually got together and then managed a bunch of Anons with some kind of contract work.
>>
>>29518185
It helps if the people get to know each other first so you know each others real-world identities and reputations. From there, its a simple matter of drafting a legal contract to represent both parties interests.
>>
>>29517444
yeah I'd be down! I have nothing but free time too but no money so it'd be good
>>
so whats our plan? what are we selling?
>>
>>29518318
OP here, I was thinking we could do door-to-door tendie sales.

1. People here love tendies but they're always running out.
2. We could fill the demand for tendies that NEETs have.

Our customers would mostly be NEETs so we would need to sell to houses that smelled the most like cum.

This is my business plan so far. Any feedback?

Seriously, I do have a very good idea what we can do. I found a way to get customers for a side project and think that there's huge potential but I'm sure we can come up with a better idea together. If not -- we can always just expand what I have going. I've already been offered thousands to develop software but I've been reluctant to work on this business by myself in case I do anything stupid.
>>
>>29518382
what do you need help with though, pretty sure most neets here arent qualified for much and can only help with a few things theyve spent time learning about but never applying
>>
>>29518413
At the moment there are few established websites in the niche that I'm targeting and if we could rank first on Google for a number of terms that would potentially scale to hundreds of thousands in revenue for the first year. My side project is a consulting business and the contracts are worth an absolute shit load -- and I'm not even talking enterprise customers yet.

If someone were to write the right articles we would be able to rank number 1 in Google and bring in a shit load of new customers. There's a lot of stuff like that which needs to be done and it's overwhelming for me to do it all by myself. Even if we jut had someone who worked social media and forums that would bring in at least 1 new client every week (tested this already, btw.) But the main target here needs to be article writing because it wont be feasible for us to be spending thousands in advertising to compete with all the new companies that inevitably come into existence within the new few months.

If we can rank now we will have a monopoly and that's our ticket to enterprise contracts worth millions.
>>
>>29518574
>tfw already freelance to pay for the power bill so the folks dont kick me out

lets fuckin go, how long until it becomes profitable and how are you going to destribute pay
>>
>>29518615
Technically we could be profitable from day one. I already have people who contacted me for work from the basic marketing experiments I did. The problem is -- I have a feeling that there are much better projects out there based on how many clients I was getting. I didn't do that much marketing but within a few days I already had clients who wanted to give us work. That's why I think it would be a mistake accepting the first projects that came our way.

My plan is to focus on marketing at the moment and if something unbelievably good comes our way then we accept it. Either that or just outsource everything. No idea yet but these choices are why its good to have partners to discuss this with.
>>
>>29518685
so just start with the marketing to get some funds raised and wait for a good moment to try for something bigger?

how are you gonna organize everything?
>>
>>29518735
I was thinking tools like Slack and Squiggle for collaboration. For software projects we'll use Git + Github. I'll probably be the one to organize the projects on a technical level so at least there will be some direction.

We'll accept say 20% up front from the client and use it to start paying anons working on the projects (or maybe spend it on marketing.)
>>
File: 1466229046293.jpg (137 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466229046293.jpg
137 KB, 640x640
I get all excited by threads like these, where robots plan to collaborate on something, but nothing ever comes of them. Do you remember all the threads about how we were going to buy some land and make a commune? I still see threads like those, but in my years of browsing /r9k/ I've never seen like a second thread, where everyone has gotten together and now they're working on building stuff. I get that it's not always gonna work out, but nobody's ever even completed the first step of their well-laid plans. I don't know, maybe robots are very optimistic and idealistic, but they're just too lazy and depressed to get anything done.

I've thought about recording a music album over /r9k/. Anons with no musical knowledge can write some lyrics, then other music-inclined anons could compose the chords and melody, and then musician anons could record whatever parts they can think up on whatever instrument they'd like to play. It could be like a lot of different styles blended together, so that everyone could participate.

I don't know, it's just an idea I think about every now and then. I know it probably won't go anywhere.
>>
>>29519306
You have to have faith anon. We do exist. Most of us don't post here every day though so we may have missed the thread
>>
File: 1464298913440.jpg (62 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
1464298913440.jpg
62 KB, 958x660
>>29519488
Maybe I'll make a thread about it later today, when it's evening for the Americans. I think this music thing could actually be a workable project. Everyone can pitch in whatever they can and drop out whenever they've lost interest. I remember /mu/ made a bunch of really good albums under the Dicklick Brigade, but they made it so that you just claimed a song and recorded it, instead of everyone collaborating together on each one. Most people couldn't really chip in much, besides coming up with the song/album titles. I want to make something a little more interactive.
>>
>>29519570
This actually sounds really good, famm
what styles/genres would be in the album?
>>
>>29519637
I don't know, I wouldn't want to plan it out. I'd just like to see where it naturally goes. I'd really like for it to be a big blend of genres, with a lot of variety. When I was in the psych ward, we had a music therapy group where we all got to play some instruments. No one knew how to play anything, but somehow we had a really incredible jam session. Everyone was so in sync, like together we'd be getting loud at certain parts and quiet at other parts. Someone would introduce a rhythmic motif and everyone would adjust what they were doing to respond to that. It was like an endless feedback loop. It'd be cool to get something like that done. Like one of those "naive art" pieces.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.