[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first day working at theater >I'm shoveling popcorn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 600x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 600x679
>first day working at theater
>I'm shoveling popcorn behind the counter and my trainer's running the register
>hear an older customer say "Well don't you seem to be enjoying your job today?"
>Assume it's a positive thing and continue shoveling
>She asks the other guy behind the counter for a manager
>Wonder if it's like to be a positive thing

>realize later on that it was actually a horrifically condescending conversation and that the customer was rude as shit
>feel awful because my autism didn't allow me to pick up on it
>mfw

Well that was a day. Gotta do that all again tomorrow, in the evening this time.

Anyone else working at a theater here? Any good stories?
>>
Its like when i payed for some expensive shoes in cash and the chick said
"oh, we dont see cash often"
>>
>>29516965
If you have a good work ethic, everyone will just pile their responsibilities onto yours. Such is the life of near-minimum-wage. Try not to kill yourself m8
>>
>>29517177

I don't understand this...am i autistic?

>>29517217

This.
>>
>>29516965
Dude that woman was a bitch

It amazes me that someone would actually go completely out of their way to complain about someone not smiling or whatever. If I was your manager I wouldn't have even mentioned it to you. Or brought it up to laugh at the bitch
>>
>>29516965
>Go to theatre to watch movie
>Guy getting paid shit tier minimum wage shoveling greasy, hot popcorn isn't ecstatic and smiling
>Demand a manager for this horrific display of shit service

What's wrong with people?
>>
File: 1463761741199.gif (468 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
1463761741199.gif
468 KB, 600x335
>>29517177
>>29517294

I don't understand this either

Are they trying to say you're rich? Because paying with either is exactly the same

The the fuck did she mean by this?
>>
>>29517346
Rich people use card, they don't have to care about the cash. Generally getting enough cash out to buy something expensive requires forethought
>>
>>29516965

Guys should I become a wagie? I am sick of vidya and

>no friends
>>
>>29517985
do it. i was neet for a while, but when i got a job, i met a bunch of new people and made friends
>>
File: discomfort.png (485 KB, 430x436) Image search: [Google]
discomfort.png
485 KB, 430x436
>buying food at grocery store
>cashier starts talking about what I'm buying
>>
>>29517336

It's easier to shit on other people than to improve yourself. Hope that bitch died in a car fire on the way home.
>>
>>29517177
>>29517294
>>29517346
You guys don't seriously pay with cash do you?

I mean I'm borderline autistic but even I have the social awareness not to do that.
>>
Good thing I work at a factory.
8 hour shifts, one hour of those being breaks that are part of the shift. Dont do much there to begin with and dont see much people.
Rotating shifts which sucks but cant have it all.
>>
>>29518215
>>29518215

Where does a robot look for a job like this?
>>
>>29518343
At factories.
>>
I worked at an independent movie theater
Best job of my life
Customers are gay but just get high and eat candy
>>
>>29518207
>he doesn't have a roll of twenties in an elastic band
>>
after working minimum wage I don't really bat an eye if a worker isn't totally happy go lucky and kissing my ass. even if they're rude at fast food places or something if my order has modifications, I don't really care because it can be annoying and I've been there (and will be there again shortly desu). I assume most people who complain about workers (assuming the workers haven't been supremely shitty and deserving of it) have never had to deal with assholes such as themselves on a daily basis
>>
>>29518207
Fuck off, I don't need another complex.
>>
Just got done a 12 hour shift from 5pm-5am only to start again at 5 tonight kill me
>>
>>29517305
Her and the trainer were smiling the whole time and I was thinking "oh this must be a good thing"

I didn't even notice that she cut in front of a lady who bought tickets to a movie at our sister theater and was trying to figure out where that was

They kept yelling at me to "LAYER THE BUTTER" even though that's like the default way we do it and that was explained to them several times.
>>
>be truck loader
>boss tells me to load faster
>tell him to go fuck himself
>be I'm union
>he gets another loader
So glad I left retail
>>
>>29519002
Don't have it as bad as you. I got work all day tomorrow, 8 - 5 and then I'm needed first thing at 3AM the next day.
>>
File: 1463284793725.jpg (785 KB, 2253x2073) Image search: [Google]
1463284793725.jpg
785 KB, 2253x2073
>>29516965
but thats actually, literally your job. a vending machine could do your job, quicker, faster and more efficiently. the only reason they havent replaced YOU is because you can do something that a robot CANT, and thats be personable and human.

seriously. name a single thing that a theater employee does that cant be replaced by a robot outside of human emotion

litera-all-fucking
>>
>>29520775
infact, im starting to wonder why they even actually have people doing ANYTHING at a theater.

why DONT we have just, 4-5 counters constantly running automated shit serving 4-5 people at the same time, instead of 1 or 2 minumum wage assholes who fuck shit up?

what do people do in any cinema, ever, that a vending machine design from the 1980`s dosent?
>>
>>29519806
Don't have it as bad as you. I have to fart in a guy's mouth once and then I'm set for a few years of my lavish lifestyle. Average woman here.
>>
>>29518207
I once paid a hooker with coins.

I didn't realize how autistic this was until her reaction.
>>
>>29518207
Cash feels real, man. I like having a wallet full of cash, it's right there and I can utilize it any time.

With debit cards your funds are held by someone else, and they can deny you access to those funds when you need them the most. Also they can charge you fees for dumb shit.
>>
>>29520831
You fucked a hooker who had COINS? And then you paid her? That's fucking retarded, you probably have COINS now.
>>
>>29520775
>>29520810

Just love this mate
>>
>>29521237
its 11:45 why are you shitposting so late ausfaggit
2040 represent
>>
>>29520810
>what do people do in any cinema, ever, that a vending machine design from the 1980`s dosent?

Obviously, being human.
Imagine you're an old lady, and now you're alone and the machine asks for your card, wouldn't you feel scared if young dudes suddenly appeared behing you? Who would save you if they decided to take your card?
>>
File: o-EROTIC-OLDER-WOMAN-facebook[1].jpg (285 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-EROTIC-OLDER-WOMAN-facebook[1].jpg
285 KB, 2000x1000
>>29521623
>Imagine you're an old lady

Gladly.
>>
>>29521623
wow, its what i said but with different words
>but thats actually, literally your job. a vending machine could do your job, quicker, faster and more efficiently. the only reason they havent replaced YOU is because you can do something that a robot CANT

to be fair, yours was a little more concise
>>
>>29521703
what are you, middle aged and forgot your teenage years already? being an older woman just means youve got a biological clock where your attractiveness and diserability are rapidly diminishing

you know, like being a male who didnt fuck in highschool and is desperately trying to have sex before everyone around him gets smarter and mature enough to realise he aint shit. highschool, where girls and guys got together because they were in LOOOVE and it didnt matter if you had a job, a career and education.

sorry, too late.
>>
>>29520775
>the only reason they havent replaced YOU is because you can do something that a robot CANT
and that is working for the price he does. Short- and medium-term, he's the cheaper choice.
>>
>>29521907
>Short- and medium-term, he's the cheaper choice.
yeah, because theaters are those sorta, open and close businesses that constantly shift around.
>>
>be school janitor
>only work after the.kids are gone
>only me and maybe one other guy depending on the size of the school
>clean for four hours listening to music, spend the other four reading, playing vidya or playing instruments in the music room.
>get paid $13.00 an hour

God damn that was a sick job. It sucked in the summer when we had to come in early and do deep cleaning though, then you actually had to work all day. I got fired for laying down in the break room for a minute when my coworker left one day and a secretary picking something up saw me and ratted me out. I don't know why she had to do that, fucking bitch.

Big Boss told me if this was an isolated incident he would let it go. Previous supervisor told him I was a lazy shit too, so I was forced to resign. If I had just faked working a little bit harder, I would probably be a head janitor making 50k a year putting sawdust on puke and being made fun of by kids.
>>
>>29522221
>I got fired for laying down in the break room for a minute
>If I had just faked working a little bit harder

so they were right
>>
>>29518380
oh
not original?
>>
>>29518207
>it's a "let's give supremo autismos more things to be insecure about" episode
>>
>>29518207

Do you honestly need to give us more shit to be insecure about? Is this gonna be in red flag threads as the new virgin walk?

WHY CAN'T I BE HAPPY
>>
File: 1314194815015197.jpg (113 KB, 1275x713) Image search: [Google]
1314194815015197.jpg
113 KB, 1275x713
>>29522221
>Big Boss told me if this was an isolated incident he would let it go

I hear you man. The working conditions in this place are abysmal.
>>
>>29518207
quit acting retarded you elitist normie fuck
>>
>>29518207
>I mean I'm borderline autistic but even I have the social awareness not to do that.
there' nothing wrong with paying in cash. what the fuck ??
>>
>>29516965
I've worked at a movie theatre for 2 years now
>>
File: file.gif (2 MB, 330x197) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
2 MB, 330x197
>>29523990
inb4 wrong Boss
>>
File: 1465869014363.jpg (77 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1465869014363.jpg
77 KB, 680x453
>>29524095
>he pays with cash

Hahahahaha
>>
>>29524755
I have to pay in cash because I'm nervous there's a girl printing my bank statements every month and I don't want her to see the embarrassingly irresponsible ways I spend money
>>
>>29517961
And that's exactly it. Normies don't like foresight and planning, they like impulsiveness and spontaneity. The former make them uncomfortable because they require you to use your brain and reflect on the consequences of your actions.
>>
>>29517346
Cash is DEVIANT! If everyone conforms to electronic payment, debit or credit? Maybe she was just saying something to break the ice.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.