[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>was considered the "smart guy" since high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 39
File: iq.jpg (13 KB, 450x355) Image search: [Google]
iq.jpg
13 KB, 450x355
>was considered the "smart guy" since high school
>people say truly smart people are humble and don't think they are smart
>half a decade later, I still judge myself smarter than 99% of the population

I'm confused. So am I smart or not?
>>
>trying to use the opinions of random people to measure your intelligence

No, you're not
>>
>>29516216
A good test for this is to look back on high school, if nothing they made you do was hard then you're most likely smarter than the average person. Of course this heavily depends on the school that you went to since not all schools are the same.
>>
>>29516248
High school is a fucking joke, anon. All you have to do is listen at class and do all the assignments, and you should get straight A's. The system is designed for ADHD retards.
>>
>>29516289
>The system is designed for ADHD retards.
Exactly, it's designed for the average person. Of course I'm saying this as an American that finished school before common core happened so I'm not sure how valid this is for people that are currently in school, people that graduated a while ago, or non-fatlandians.
>>
>>29516216
>I'm confused
theres your answer
>>
You aren't actually smart anon, those people were just trying to give you some confidence boost in an attempt to make you more alpha and not the beta retard you are today.
>>
File: 1441920861236.jpg (41 KB, 534x532) Image search: [Google]
1441920861236.jpg
41 KB, 534x532
>>29516216
who are these people
how do they know that the entire set of "truly" smart people act this way, what does it even mean to be 'truly' smart, where are the studies?

why are you just accepting shit without thinking it through
>>
File: 1441752871786s.jpg (6 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1441752871786s.jpg
6 KB, 250x244
>>29516216
You want a legit IQ test, faggot?

Take this and post your score ITT with a screenshot.

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

This one is better though since it actually requires you to think on your feet.

http://www.seemypersonality.com/IQ-Test
>>
>>29516216
>confusing intelligence and wisdom
>>
>>29516432
Anon, don't you know online IQ tests are bullshit?
>>
>>29516216
You're on /r9k/. You might have a high IQ but you're not smart.
>>
>>29516216
>actually uses this as an argument
haha
no
you're not smart
>>
>>29516216
that's bullshit like every other bit of pop 'wisdom'. some of the smartest people i've known have been arrogant tools. they know it.
>>
>>29516453
No shit. But those are the best of the worst. They actually time you and are based more on intelligence than knowledge or education.
>>
>>29516216
Knowing you have "high intelligence" is nothing but a curse because you will jack off about it instead of applying yourself.

IQ is like a modifier of effort where
RESULT = IQ x EFFORT

but if your effort is 0 then even a retard will crush you.
>>
>>29516216
Donald Trump has a very high IQ and no one on Earth would use the word "humble" to describe him, what you're saying is bullshit.
>>
>>29516216
smart people know they're smart. the humility comes in because you're not shoving it in everyone's face and not thinking you're better than other people because of it. also, knowing that being smart doesn't mean you know everything.
>>
>>29516216
If you would be really smart you wouldn't waste ya time here
>>
File: ded.png (92 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
92 KB, 657x527
>tested 117 in high school
>22, now I'm just 103

Every year I browse 4chan I become less and less smart
>>
>bored all through HS
>take ASVAB senior year cause why not
>94.6%
>trolling receuiters cause colorblind
>don't even bother graduating HS
>take GED tests a year later so parents shut up
>don't study
>pass with flying colors
>almost perfect score in science
>7 years later
>decide to go back to college part time
>pass placement tests with minimal studying
>take general chemistry and college algebra
>60% of Chem students gone by the end
>4.0 for the semester
>next semester take proper Chem and precalc
>also tutoring for extra cash
>literally 3 people in Chem left for final
>have breakdown at the end of the next semester
>haven't been back since

Maybe I'm smart. I honestly don't know. If I am, I'm too depressed to utilize it. I can say that I don't get how people don't understand certain things, and that really bothers me. It's difficult to explain.
>>
>>29516732
You're like me and a lot of other posters here, your story is almost identical to mine.
You need to find that inner strength to prop yourself up and keep going until you hit that finish line, that is the only thing holding us back. For me it took many years of NEETdom, got kicked out, was homeless for a while, it was only when I was cornered with no other choice that I ended up succeeding. That kick in my ass from my parents seemed cruel but it was exactly what I needed to get my ass in gear.
>>
File: 1466731451599.jpg (329 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466731451599.jpg
329 KB, 1600x1200
>people tell me I'm smart all through high school
>5 years later I'm thick as shit
>>
>>29516823

I'm 27, dude. I've been through all that shit. At this point, I know what I need to do to get better, but I also know what kind of person I am. I'm a lost cause, and I'm waiting for the day when I can finally pull the trigger.
>>
kill yourselves normie faggots
>>
File: 1463774466810.jpg (50 KB, 499x361) Image search: [Google]
1463774466810.jpg
50 KB, 499x361
>>29517058

>27yo khv with lifelong clinical depression, no friends, and dropped out of college after a mental breakdown
>normie
>mfw
>>
>>29516216
That's a cherished normie belief. Being humble doesn't mean you sincerely believe you're not good at something you're good at. It means not being complacent/condescending though you know you do good work.
>>
File: Iq test.png (25 KB, 1244x336) Image search: [Google]
Iq test.png
25 KB, 1244x336
>>29516432
Beat my high score if you dare, faggots.
>>
File: 143071460992.jpg (138 KB, 1075x603) Image search: [Google]
143071460992.jpg
138 KB, 1075x603
>know about tech and computers in general a bit more than the average person
>people think I'm smart simply because of this
>in reality I'm dumb as fuck
>>
File: bertrand.jpg (21 KB, 540x354) Image search: [Google]
bertrand.jpg
21 KB, 540x354
>>29516216
>truly smart people are humble and don't think they are smart
I do think there is something to this. Specifically, I remember Noam Chomsky saying he had no idea he was considered a "good" student until he was in his teens, at which point he realized it wasn't normal to get straight A's while independently educating oneself to the level of multiple doctorates before the age of 18.

I never thought of myself as smart, even after everyone in high school kept referring to me as a "genius" and the de facto "smartest guy around." I never really believed any of it until I was halfway through my freshman year of college. It was around that time that I realized just how God damned stupid the average person truly is. So yes, you're probably smart. It honestly doesn't take that much to stand out from the simps once you too realize how depressingly dumb most people are.

Another thing I have noted is that truly stupid people never, and I mean never, doubt themselves for even a split second. That level of self assurance is something I very rarely see in intelligent people since most of them think scientifically and the scientific method is all about disproving bad ideas rather than proving good ones to be true.

Rush Limbaugh is an excellent case study of swaggering simpletons. He is one of the least informed people alive while simultaneously one of the most cocksure. Also note that he's not only uninformed but openly looks down on people who are more educated than him; this is common of blowhards. A lot of people point to his tremendous success as proof of his intellect but I see this as a testament to the power of making people feel good about feelings they are generally taught to feel ashamed of--prejudice, resentment, et cetera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWRyMCxRs8

If you want to learn more about intelligence, this blog is pretty good: https://pumpkinperson.com/

It addresses subjects like race, the university caste system, etc. Very interesting.
>>
>>29518254
>posting TYT
So I assume you have a pretty damn low IQ then
>>
>>29518454
I also dislike them, and in fact many of my criticisms of Rush apply to them as much if not more so. But that's not really the point. I was looking for that clip of Rush on its own and couldn't find it.
>>
>>29516216

>listening to dumb people
>>
>>29516216
it's smart not to dwell on meaningless qualities.

it's also smart to surround yourself with people as smart or smarter than you depending on your age.

if you continue to do dumb shit like reflect on your high school days and post on 4chan, you are by definition a fucking idiot, whether or not you can solve some math problems in your spare time or remember some history trivia.
>>
>>29516432
>http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf
I really doubt the validity of this test.

I've always scored 125-132 on IQ tests.
I got 115 on this one.
>>
>>29518644
>literal retard
stop typing.
>>
>>29516216

Jesus chirst.

Half a decade later and you STILL haven't figured this out about yourself?

Then you...

oh wait. This is bait. Has to be.
>>
I know it's a meme response, but the fact that you'd think to seek qualification of your intelligence like this doesn't say much good about you.
>>
File: 1441122686881.png (867 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
1441122686881.png
867 KB, 1264x1460
>graduated valedictorian in HS
>6 years later everybody else in my class is more succesful than me
>>
>>29518817

Nice!

Me too!

What are people like us called?
>>
>>29518826
manchild who used to be teachers pet.
>>
File: 1427664930708.jpg (179 KB, 404x521) Image search: [Google]
1427664930708.jpg
179 KB, 404x521
>>29518854

Ah. How droll.

Too bad, I was hoping you could come up with something a little more colourful than that.

Thanks for ruining the powerplay, asshole.
>>
>>29518892
no problem, dummy
>>
>>29518254
>Another thing I have noted is that truly stupid people never, and I mean never, doubt themselves for even a split second.
this makes me want to kill myself.

sometimes i can't even make a post on 4chan about a subject that matters to me because i get caught up researching to make sure that i'm not getting any facts wrong.

in regular life i constantly doubt myself and question my reasoning and motives and biases and i get lost trying to figure out what the truth is. i am completely unsure of what it is at this point.

and then i see the people who never doubt, never question, living happy lives, basing everything they believe on bullshit but being much more satisfied and fulfilled than i will probably ever be.

it's infuriating sometimes.
>>
Intelligence =/= wisdom

This is now an original comment
>>
File: talent-iceberg-slice-03.jpg (99 KB, 600x271) Image search: [Google]
talent-iceberg-slice-03.jpg
99 KB, 600x271
>>29518644
Most IQ tests favor people with good educations; basically, you're being carried by the strength of your schooling. This IQ test is different since it's all fluid intelligence vs. crystallized intelligence.
>>
>Grew up with everyone telling me I'm smart
>Realized in highschool math that I was slower than most
>I'm dumb as fuck
>People still think I'm smart

LOL
>>
>tfw you finally realized you're actually dumb as fuck after being praised for being smart for so long
>>
>>29516732
you're such a waste of potential and talent, i would kill for that natural skill.
>>
>>29516216
likely not, smart people are rare, unless you have some intense credentials to back it up.

i wouldnt consider someone smart unless they have some sort of crazy near autistic contribution to a science, genius in art (sadly none exist at this day and age), top tier chess, is or at least has a master's in a science first (hard science not softs), or is some sort of successful business person.

All of those put you into the smart category at different levels. Although you have to realize almost everyone thinks they are smarter than 99% of people. So it is more about your credentials to show you are rather than what you personally think.
>>
>>29516216
I also was considered intelligent.
But I don't really consider myself clever, I have a lot of limits.
I am just a normal human. But we're rare.

Most of the people in the streets are braindead sheeps and it makes me sad.
>>
>>29516289
As an adhd retard i object, statistically we are much smarter than the average
>>
>>29516732
this is actually not very smart or skilled or uncommon. Gen chem, college algebra, and all that is really fucking easy. Now if you are doing your Master's in genetics and you can pay attention to nothing, never have to prep for your GA duties, etc. and still sit at a 4.0 I will be extremely impressed.
>>
Doesn't matter how smart I am. The crippling apathy ensures that I'll never make anything of myself.
>>
>>29519071

D&D player detected.

Now I have a question for you:

Is intelligence going hand in hand with wisdom, or is it conflicting with it in some areas of life?

> Wise in measure let each man be;
> but let him not wax too wise;
> for never the happiest of men is he
> who knows much of many things.
> -- Some old bearded hobbo
>>
>>29516432
IQ doesnt mean shit
i pulled a 133 quite some time ago, on this exact same test, and im still a neet
>>
>>29521413

Being able to run faster than Bolt doesn't make you a champion if you stay at home.

Fuck if I had the ability to get a phd, I would be mad at me for wasting my potential.
>>
>>29516216
I read that people who use stims consistently for a period of years see a marked increase in iq even when not using. Is this true?

Cigarette smokers are much less prone to Alzheimer's, also
>>
File: goku real footage.jpg (166 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
goku real footage.jpg
166 KB, 640x480
>>29516401
smart people are humbleis a hoax, there is no proofs or reason for one to be nice/humble. just like everyone else.
>>
if you want to see if you are smart look at your life's influences and if they are better then the 99% of other people's role models you probably are in the 1%
>>
>>29518644
my iq dropped 15 points when i took a legit one,
so perhaps this is a good one.
or anons alternative
>>29519760
>>
>>29516216
People only say smart people are humble because arrogant people are too fucking annoying to give any praise to.
>>
>>29516401

this seems like an attempt to seem smarter than you are
>>
>>29521634
That's cause they die of other complications before they get old enough to get Alzheimer's
>>
>>29517698
same shit here about my "intersets", thats why alot of kids get smart in high school,
>>
File: 1448513130075.jpg (105 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448513130075.jpg
105 KB, 800x1200
Look at it this way. Do you ever see people who are publishing work on the cutting edge of science ever brag about their IQ? of course not, they're not concerned with themselves at all, they want to educate others and have those others push their own boundries and further the understand we have as a society. Only idiots brag about IQ. Seriously just look at this board, every single "IQ thread" is about someone jerking themselves off to their high IQ number, but when you ask them what they're doing with it they just say shit like who they look down on the masses.

So yeah, actual smart people are way more humble than people who dickwave their IQ around.
>>
>>29517698
Same boat, people bring me their fucked up computers full of viruses and shit, I reinstall windows and drivers, they pay me MONEY for this shit. Can you believe these normies
>>
>>29522252
Oh fuck you're right

Duh
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 670x424
>>29516216
>people tell me I'm the smartest person they ever met
>i humbly say "hehe, no don't think so"
>yes you are
>then I ignore them and move on

I get told I'm smart by a lot of people and I hate it.
Also im on the spectrum but people say they never noticed anything weird with me.
>>

this is what idiots say
>>
>>29516216
High school don't mean shit. In fact, schools in general don't mean shit.

This isn't rocket science, OP. How do you fare against your peers/coworkers? What's your sample like? Have you specialized in anything? How hard/easy is learning things? And I don't mean that as in
>how hard is it for you to read a Wikipedia article on something
but how hard is it for you to achieve functional competency in more complex tasks/activities? How did you review your performance, and/or has it been reviewed by other people? How good is your memory?

These are the kind of things you need to be asking yourself.

If you're in your mid-twenties, haven't attended college or achieved/specialized in anything beyond a basic trade, it's not likely that you're not smart. Never forget about the Dunning-Kruger effect, it's always lurking out there.
>>
>>29522297
I too am a well camouflaged robot. I have experienced many similar conversations. I have very little money though, so I can't quite pretend to be a normalfag.
>>
>>29522306
Think about it this way: the only women self-proclaiming their own physical beauty, are the ones who lack it. You never hear beautiful women doing that, because they don't need to. It's obvious.

Same goes with intelligence.
>>
>>29518254
i like the quote in pic related, becuase it drive me to a small dilema, i think that im delusional and have been told so by others, therefore i have questioned my and everyone elses thoughts carefully and often, but does that make me smart like explained in pic related? no becuse them i would be full of myself.

I also think that the definition of smart is dumb.
Lets say that knowledge is the things you know and smart is your capacity to understand and manipulate knowledge (basicaly iq but in some cases requier knowledge)
Then wisdom is the well use of knowledge.
Would you consider that people are very dumb or that they have not accumulated much knowledge. becuase i wold say the latter since i think i know a decent amount for my avarage smartness/iq, and there others should be to an extent be able to do the same.
well i made a thread about this yesterday but nobody awnsered, so i figured i will leave this here.
i will read the blog soon.
>>
File: happy to be alive.jpg (7 KB, 232x200) Image search: [Google]
happy to be alive.jpg
7 KB, 232x200
>>29518790
in a minority of cases its magic
>>
File: i hate my mom.jpg (17 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
i hate my mom.jpg
17 KB, 350x464
>>29522504
directly after posting this i questioned if i truly know a suffecient amount, leaving me being wise, wich i cant be certian of.
as you can see i got in a spriral of thoughts.
>>
This thread is stupid and only serves a purpose of mental masturbation.
>>
>>29522600
Which makes this thread unique from the rest of the threads here... no, wait.
>>
>>29522613

I'm barely going on /r9k/ now.
>>
To be quite frank you don't need to be humble to be smart, but someone who is humble at the same IQ is smarter. I mean, look at Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb. Two self-obsessed smart guys who decided they'd rather kill a kid and commit the perfect murder to prove their intelligence rather than doing something useful. They wanted to prove themselves and messed up big time.
>>
>>29518826
You fucks are just called autists. You never really had a dream you were working towards, because all your time was spent studying meaningless shit you'll never need again. Also you probably have no common sense at all. They say people who usually try to hard in highschool never make it as far as the people who just relax and actually learn things that will help them in life.
>>
All that really matters is if you put your intelligence to use
Do you have a successful career?
Does it satisfy you monetarily or emotionally.
If it doesn't do either, then you're not as smart as you think you are.
Also, I've got a friend who thinks he's smart but he's pretty much an idiot. He sometimes plays games with another friend I have who is legit smart and it's hilarious seeing my stupid friend try to "debate" with him.
>>
Most likely you're like those guys featuted in /r/iamverysmart on plebbit
>>
If you were told you were smart in school, you are not smart. In Elementary School it meant you were ahead of the rest of the class, by middle school they caught up, in High School they did it to give you a confidence boost and motivation.
>>
>>29516216

It's the exact opposite in most cases.
>>
>>29518826
They classify this type of thing as, "failure to launch"
>>
File: BCleMLD.png (185 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
BCleMLD.png
185 KB, 1366x768
>>29516432
I dunno how legit that is, but it was quite fun to do.
>>
>>29522389
You can recognize smart people by their intolerance of failure and the tendency to lash out at people for even small mistakes. They don't outright say 'I'm intelligent', but they signal it nonetheless by holding themselves and others to high standards.
>>
File: 1466777070926.gif (2 MB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1466777070926.gif
2 MB, 480x640
>be smart all my life
>devellop brain cancer so can't think straight anymore
>slowly losing control of my body too
oops
>>
>>29516216
>>people say truly smart people are humble and don't think they are smart

It's hard to decide if this is meme magic or true. Voltaire said that noone complains about his wits because everyone thinks he's received more than enough.

Counter-Examples of "smart but humble" people would be Nietzche, Schopenhauer, Wittgeinstein, history is full of people who thought they were working on the next Big Thing.

On the other hand, there's something (kinda the opposite of Duning Krugger effect) saying that smart people tend to overestimate other people's skills.

As far as the "smart guy in high school" goes, I simply had good focus, memory and discipline, so I fare far better than people who lacked that. Seriously it's all it takes to make a difference, no need to be truly smart. There are guys like me in every high school of the country.

I've met some dudes who were admirably smart at Uni, though. Helps to see how things are relative to your surroundings.
>>
People who think they are smart getting btfo'd by smarter people really isn't interesting, when dumb people btfo them THAT's a great day
>>
File: shittest.png (122 KB, 1095x627) Image search: [Google]
shittest.png
122 KB, 1095x627
>>29516432
It's not legit, my IQ is barely above average
>>
You might be but you likelier have an inferiority complex.
>>
there is more than one type of intelligence.

first define why you think you're smart op.

if it's just because you test well and get good grades, i have bad news.
>>
>>29520869
I got to know a few of you and sorry if I'm generalizing here but those where all of them I met up to this point:

>annoying as fuck
>think they're smart
>try to show off by talking about things they know more about than the average population (Physics, computerscience or what ever)
>book smart but not even able to apply anything really well
>can't solve problems they haven't learned about for shit
>always complain that things are either too easy or too hard
>interrupt you in group conversations to tell someone else the exact same thing you were going to
>nearly impossible to make plans with b/c they cancel 2 hours before

I feel like most of them used ADHD as an excuse for being a shitty person. Hell, I had an ADHD diagnosis as a child but my parents told the docs to go fuck themselves and that I just needed more discipline.
I do not say that ADHD is not real but it definetly gets overdiagnosed. And even people who legitimatley have ADHD: no matter what kind of disorder someone has they should still try their best to be a good person an not blame all their faults on their condition.
>>
>>29516216
People tell you that because you're being an annoying cunt, trying to show off your intelligence. No one cares whether you're intelligent or not.
>>
>op thinks he's smart
>fails to acknowledge in which way he thinks he's smart, fails to acknowledge alternative demonstrations of intelligence other than "book smarts"

kek dumb nigger
>>
>>29516216
I think I had the same mindset as you when I was about 12. Then the penny dropped and I realised I was just autistic.
>>
>>29518986
This is me.
The moment I say something technical or not, I just quickly do a search to see if I didn't say any bullshit, if I did I'll correct myself ASAP. I just can't say something with a 100% certainty, it's really tiring, but I like to believe that if people are truly listening they'll consider me as someone who is reliable and not a bullshitter. I am also very judgmental (not openly) I always scan for bullshit, and I apply this to myself as well. It's probably one of the factors that contribute to my social anxiety.
>>
i don't think i am smart because im humble

it's because i'm as dumb as a rock
>>
IQ tests are designed to test a specific type of intelligence that is mostly useful for academic performance.
Basically, IQ specialists are biased towards what they themselves value.
>>
>>29518892
Droll doesn't mean what you think it means
>>
>>29525811
You can't be sure about anything.
The fact you think you can and feel relieved after doing some search shows you have a basic system of belief you hold on to without any support ("axioms"), therefore you are biased. You could say you are biased towards unbias.

We are walking paradoxes.
>>
File: 1465336770834.jpg (138 KB, 428x280) Image search: [Google]
1465336770834.jpg
138 KB, 428x280
>>29523357
My sides!

RIP in peace, btw.
>>
>>29525859
I'm humble because I think of myself as dirt, even though I'm smart. What good is my intelligence if all I can think about is killing myself?
>>
>>29525232
>there is more than one type of intelligence
And? Does OP assumes it has not?
Still there are people who are more intelligent than others. Be it one type, two types, or five types.
>>
File: 1466011142179.jpg (58 KB, 600x673) Image search: [Google]
1466011142179.jpg
58 KB, 600x673
>>29516216
>I'm so intelligent that I've let 1 comment by a stupid person ruin my opinion of myself

Doesn't sound too smart to me.
>>
>>29523430
As you said, there are many examples of people really intelligent who were not humble at all, so this is false.
People who say that meme are suffering halo effect or confirmation bias, they think positive characteristics must come together like humility and intelligence.
>>
>>29526176
For technical things it is mostly to verify if the thing I said wasn't total bullshit (e.g. input -> result).
For other things I look at what the general consensus is, what the figures of authority think, and I align myself with what I personally believe (experience/thinking) but still taking into account all that I read.
>>
>>29516216
>>29516216
there are different types of intelligence
your bound to be high in some of those types
probably very smart
>99%, probably not
>>
>>29526627
Just kidding, for the sake of memes I spout bs all day long.

Praise KEK.
>>
>>29517266
>high score
>taking the same test more than once
repeated measures and prior knowledge factors of psychology
results would be deemed statistically insignificant
i would like to see your FIRST score
>>
>>29516432
>>29516481
But you know nothing about real IQ tests. A good IQ test is going to is not going to a single test, it is going to be split up in, say, 10 tests. To list a few there is spatial reasoning, short term number memory, long term memory like Country capitals, etc. Stefan Molyneuz has a video on human intelligence where he talks to an IQ expert. Now if you don't watch those videos and get that information in your head you are flying blind no matter how intelligent you are, you would have no idea what an IQ test will entail.
>>
>tfw people claim I'm smart
>in actuality I just have a decent vocabulary, use proper grammar and pronunciation, and think before I talk
Other than that I merely have introspective skills, am aware of the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, am capable of playing the devil's advocate / seeing other perspectives on matters, and know a little bit of various things.
I'm still only of average intellect though (sometimes I wonder if even that, frankly), regardless of people staying convinced I'm above average even when I claim I'm really not.

A downside of that assumption of people is the increased expectations, as higher expectations equate to higher likelihood of disappointing people. It's why I try and disclaim any skill on my end; I'd rather have people assume no skill so my ever so little skill still seems impressive than being assumed I'm a pro and end up deemed a failure with my only novice at best skill level.
Sage because it's not my blog, I'm aware of that.
>>
File: Pepe-the-frog-memes.jpg (19 KB, 403x195) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-the-frog-memes.jpg
19 KB, 403x195
>>29523357
kekaroo cancer for you
>>
>>29525643
good for you and your parents to reject the diagnosis
false adhd diagnosis's is giving people excuses to become worthless lucky some people arent taking that path
>>
File: top kek.jpg (123 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
123 KB, 460x460
>>29526700
120, nigger. Deal with it.
>>
File: kek amused me.png (790 KB, 819x768) Image search: [Google]
kek amused me.png
790 KB, 819x768
>>29522600
WHO CAN CUM SHOT FURTHEST AND HOW????
>>
>>29528077
Me because I supplement zinc, magnesium, l-argenine and a few other substances, eat lots of celery and constantly do kegels.
>>
>>29525811

May I hazard a psy-pop guess?
You have that image of yourself as "the smart dude" that people gave you, and you want to remain true to how people sees it. It's a fake-self, just make mistakes dude.
>>
File: ancient pepe.png (103 KB, 624x434) Image search: [Google]
ancient pepe.png
103 KB, 624x434
>>29522990
I want to pursuit my unrealistic dreams
>>
>>29528121
>Jus' Bee dumb dude
>>
File: crie every teim.jpg (9 KB, 281x274) Image search: [Google]
crie every teim.jpg
9 KB, 281x274
>>29525643
>tfw when you almost is what anon said
>>
>>29516216
worry less about being "smart," concern yourself more with being more reasoned and wiser than the average person.
a smart man can list off data, a wise and reasoned man can do something with it.
>>
>>29518986
OMG I CAN RELATE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>too dumb to hang out with smart people
>too weird to hang out with normal people
Where do we go lads?
>>
>tfw IQ in the 140's

I'm a pretty big normie, but other normies tend to catch on that I have more between the ears than others. The ones that still talk to me once they find out are the ones I consider true friends.
>>
File: HEHE, yo soy pépé.png (35 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
HEHE, yo soy pépé.png
35 KB, 500x402
>>29526740
>stefan molneux
whatever man ive seen it, it made me look dumber.
>>
File: smell good ahmed.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smell good ahmed.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>29526818
its okay, i can relate to be have fake smarts.
i know very little in many subject aswell so its feels very real for me.
>>
File: sprudo.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
sprudo.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>29528404
really makes you think...
: D
>>
>>29528291
do you have ADHD anon?
Also which parts apply?
>>
smart people dont say theyre smart
>>
>>29528749
some extremely smart people think they're hot shit though. That doesn't make them any less smart.
>>
>>29516216
>INTP BTFO
INTP BTFO
>INTP BTFO
INTP BTFO

you sound exactly like an intp. also your a massive idiot if you went through life thinking you were smart just because the general population at your school said you were smart
>>
I am not smart. I believe I am not smart, but I can't act as though I didn't believe I was smart.

>>29522990

This sort of 'all that really matters' stuff is how you tell a real god damned retard.
Broad, bombastic statements which fall apart immediately, and only exist as vehicles for sentiment.
>>
File: babby.png (132 KB, 269x458) Image search: [Google]
babby.png
132 KB, 269x458
>grew up with my parents constantly telling me I was incredibly smart
>believed it
>got A's and B's in honors and AP classes without ever studying or really trying
>get IQ tested by a psychologist one day
>104
>mfw
>>
>>29517266
Haven't taken the other one yet but I got 130 two years ago
>>
>>29519794
same here pham

but apparently i'm only stupid at math. got into mech engineering and thanks to matlab I'm actually acing everything

not sure how i can be bad at math but good at solving the problems they throw at us, since I'd suppose they would rely on the same skill (logical-problem solving)
>>
>>29523430
Voltaire wasn't smart though. At least not as much as Nietzsche, Schopenhauer and motherfucking Wittgeinstein were.

what voltaire was, was that he was extroverted as allfuck
>>
File: nod of approval.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
nod of approval.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>29529407
I scored 115 on the other test, so you beat me twice. Also, I admit I took the test thrice to score 135 since I was very inept at typing answers quickly the first two times. If you scored 138 first try, that's even more impressive!

I tip my fedora to you, sir.
>>
>>29516216
>tfw you were lied to since elementary
>"oh anon, you are so smart and have so much potential"
>when in reality have average intelligence
>>
File: 1466626287522.jpg (31 KB, 385x286) Image search: [Google]
1466626287522.jpg
31 KB, 385x286
I'm some sort of musical prodigy
>>
File: 13.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>>29529999
Witnessed.

Also, I think it's good that people lied to you. I remember reading a study about two students with average IQ scores who were told repeatedly they were the smartest kids in their school. Sure enough, they went on to become straight A students throughout elementary school. Autosuggestion is damn powerful, nigga.
>>
>>29528423
>tfw IQ in the 140's
Where did you go to college? What did you major in? What do you do now?
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.