[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This question mainly goes out to people who grew up in the 80's/90's:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: spunky.gif (318 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
spunky.gif
318 KB, 500x381
This question mainly goes out to people who grew up in the 80's/90's: what was something that, as a kid or teenager, you looked forward to doing when you were adult but, the negative changes in the economy and job market destroyed that dream for you?

I know it's such a normie thing but, I think far back as the age of 12 I looked forward to going on a big summer road trip.

Then gas prices went up and the availability of the kind of jobs that could pay the kind of money you need to pay for that gas became more scarce.

Now I'm 32 and I've never been farther east than Chicago and never realized by dreams of seeing New York City. abloo bloo bloo bloo
>>
recession destroyed even having a proper job

also people turned into selfish sociopathic pricks because american prosperity waned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

millenials don't know how good we had it as a society. even worse because the media keeps retconning history with LGBT and other degenerate garbage in a attempt to program people it's "always been this way"
>>
>>29515747
Thanks for sharing that video! I never went to any 7-11s in 1987 but, watching that did bring back memories of going to Kwik Trip at various times throughout 1990 - 1993.

If you or any else has any similar videos go ahead and post them.
>>
>>29515747
I miss the friendliness of the 1980's and first half ish of the 90's (It kind of began to go to shit around 1996 or 1997, if I recall right. But even then, I'd still probably be very happy to be back in either of those years compared to what we have today.

And yeah, the threshold was definitely crossed when 9/11 happened)
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.