[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does dying scare anyone else? Not death, but dying. It seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 1449328579784.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1449328579784.gif
2 MB, 696x478
Does dying scare anyone else? Not death, but dying. It seems like the last few moments before death are just so horrible. Every part of you wants to survive, but it just happens. The last thought that goes through most people's mind is probably "what happened what the fuck?". If they dont die on a death bed at least
>>
GROW UP CRYBABY
>>
File: 1368535629633.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1368535629633.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
The Way of the Samurai is found in death.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears, and swords. Being carried away by surging waves.

Being thrown into the midst of a great fire.

Being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake.

Falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease, or committing seppuku at the death of one's master.

And every day, without fail, one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.
>>
>>29513117
I've had a couple episodes in the past where I've apparently stroked out. I cherish them as it prepares you for the end. You can feel the sudden onset and the panic and confusion set in but once you understand what's happening there's a very calm peace that overtakes you. Of course this is coming from someone who welcomes the end with open arms. The important thing is to not fight it when it comes. It's the last thing you'll ever do so you may as well do it right.
>>
>>29513117
>The last thought that goes through most people's mind is probably "what happened what the fuck?".

The brain reacts so slowly to external events that most people don't even realize they're dying. This is especially true if you die through some traumatic event, the brain doesn't even get time to process it before it kills you. Like if you died in a fatal car crash, the air bag would inflate, you would hit it, and die in under 500 miliseconds (which is how long it would take the brain to know what happened).
>>
>>29513117
Most people have felt that same feeling before.
>stressful/nightmare dreams
>first reading an exam and realized you're fucked
>made fun of by classmates/girls
>diving from 20+m high
just another stressful situation where all your brain can think about is how you want out
>>
>>29513117
infinity only lasts a blink of an eye.
>>
File: 1423021134847.gif (325 KB, 740x1359) Image search: [Google]
1423021134847.gif
325 KB, 740x1359
>>29513306

did you just make that up?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.