[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart people, why hasn't someone invented a machine similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: RudyAtAge8.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
RudyAtAge8.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
Smart people, why hasn't someone invented a machine similar to the microwave, but for freezing food instead of warming food? Seems like it would make a lot of money.
>>
I thought flash freezing was really dangerous?
>>
>>29512891
They have those on Chopped.
>>
>>29512891
Seems like "making cold" is a lot harder than "making heat". You can't actually make cold. You have to remove heat from some substance. In fridges, it's the air that is cold. And it takes time for air to make the stuff you put in it cold. And if you made the air very cold to speed it up, it would actually be super dangerous. I'm REALLY not sure about the science, or if there could be good ways to make it work, just pointing out that's it's different. Microwave ovens expand energy to create heat, but expanding energy to REMOVE heat would be a lot more complicated.
>>
>>29512891
Adding heat is a lot easier than taking heat out of something
If you could cool something so fast people would make super PCs and not reverse microwaves
>>
Microwaves create heat by causing water molecules to vibrate so rapidly they generate heat. This principle cannot be applied to removing heat. The first rule of thermodynamics states energy cannot be destroyed. Heat is energy. To cool something you must transfer the heat energy from it. Microwaves channel electrical energy into making the water molecules vivbrate and thus transfew the electrical energy into heat. This does not apply to removing energy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
There was a movie based on a true story about an invented that want to make the greatest invetion to win a really important science convention. His device was, in fact, a reverse microwave.

Look it up. Amazing film, it's called Haggard. Very important, heavy issues tackled.

Pic absolutely related. That's the flick.
>>
>>29513615
>Haggard: The Movie is a 2003 American independent comedy film based on the true story of how reality television personality Ryan Dunn's promiscuous girlfriend cheated on him. The film was financed, directed and produced by Bam Margera.

I wish I could push a button and make a hand holding a hammer pop out of your monitor and hit you in the head.
>>
>>29513615
excellent film
>>
>>29512891

Freezing too quickly can damage food.
You could freeze something quickly with liquid hydrogen or something.
I imagine something like that already exists.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.