[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have nightmares often? Curious if more people have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1466614659956.png (14 KB, 226x255) Image search: [Google]
1466614659956.png
14 KB, 226x255
Anyone here have nightmares often? Curious if more people have this.

Usually they are about me going insane, having car accidents or not being able to wake up. Especially the latter and the first are reoccuring.

Sometimes I wake up gasping for air, or really sweaty and or with heavy heartbeating. One time it was that scary I was afraid to get into sleep again.

Other times I get a nightmare, wake up, fall in sleep and the very moment I fall in sleep am back again in the nightmare.

Spooky stuff.
>>
>>29509682
I have nightmares very often.
I usually wake up in a cold sweat.
I have found that there are a couple of things I can do to mitigate this:
1. don't eat before bed. wait ~5 hours before going to sleep after eating
2. sleep with only a light cover so you are a little chilly
3. if you find yourself clawing at your face you can wear socks over your hands when you go to bed.
>>
>>29509682
SPOOPY

I have a lot of "nightmares" too, but oddly enough I don't find them so bad. I very very often dream about being in deadly situations and trying to save my sorry ass. Very diverse situations. I often die in my dreams. Sometimes I remember "cheating" and choosing to wake up instead. I wake up a bit pissed and disturbed. I don't know how common this is... it seems a bit weird. Maybe it's just too much movies and video games.
>>
>>29509783
I am often aware that I am dreaming, but somehow they always spook me.

I too am sometimes be able to cheat and wake up.
>>
>>29509682
I have nightmares every fucking night, OP. They're usually about me indiscriminately torturing and killing people, then trying to fuck their bodies but getting caught and pursued by either police or the family and friends of the deceased. I'll usually wind up being drowned or choked to death, or having my face kicked in. Lately it's been me thrown in an insane asylum, drugged so much I can barely breathe, and put in a straight jacket that's way too tight so I'm constantly choking.

I have sleep apnea so the major cause of the nightmares is my body panicking because I can't breathe properly for half the night. Shit sucks on so many levels I don't even know where to start. Let's not forget the night terrors that make me wake up screaming, absolutely terrified, heart racing, sweating like a pig, usually winds up with me crying at some point because I'm so scared of falling back asleep.

>Other times I get a nightmare, wake up, fall in sleep and the very moment I fall in sleep am back again in the nightmare.
This, too.

God I fucking hate sleeping so fucking much.
>>
>>29509827
>I am often aware that I am dreaming
Oh OK. Not me. Very rarely am away. Or I'm am not conscious enough for it to matter.

It's ONE of the purpose of dreaming supposedly. Mental simulations to make you better at surviving. That's why it doesn't bother me so much. I figured it's just my brain doing it's thing. kek
>>
>>29509841
>God I fucking hate sleeping so fucking much.
Shit man, I can see why. Do you feel you are being able to handle it better?

Nightmares still spook me but it is becoming a bit like a normal thing. It bothers me when I have them but outside of that it is okay, with the exception of this:
>Other times I get a nightmare, wake up, fall in sleep and the very moment I fall in sleep am back again in the nightmare.

The above can ruin a whole night and the day after.
>>
Sleep therapist here, the waking up gasping for air/increased heartrate sounds like sleep apneoa bro. Try sleeping on your side. As for not waking up, there is a technique you can use if you become lucid but can't wake. In the dream close your eyes and count to 5, and tell yourself you will wake, your body will react and voila.
>>
>>29510052
I handle them much better than I did when I was a child and a teenager and would try to stay up for as long as possible. It's a normal thing for me, but it doesn't get much easier when I'm disturbed on a physical level by the nightmares.

>The above can ruin a whole night and the day after.
This is pretty much the constant feel. Can't sleep all night, feel like shit all day, dread going back to sleep, repeat.
>>
>>29510320
Alright, thank you for the contribution. I start the sleeping on my side I think, but might sleep on my back after that - I think.
>>
>>29510320
Does sleeping on your back worsen sleep apnea?
>>
>>29509682
When I dream my emotions are really blurred, when theres a weird lady trying to stab me I don't even feel anything. I get weird dreams but I'm never scared in them.
>>
i had some probably last week about spiders crawling on me, there were so many
>>
>>29509682
All my dreams are about death. Sometimes my death and sometimes others. I keep having a recurring one about a huge war in Europe taking place in the early 2020s where the Muslims get enough numbers there that they start trying to genocide the Europeans and Turkey starts invading the Balkans while Saudi Arabia and Egypt launch a joint invasion of Italy. Clinton is in her 2nd term as president and refuses to do anything because she considers the muslims her allies which ends in her assassination by a German national who comes over. Her Vice President is some woman I don't recognize immediately declares martial law and declares the Constitution void resulting in a Civil War.
>>
File: 1464868683852.jpg (446 KB, 1400x1845) Image search: [Google]
1464868683852.jpg
446 KB, 1400x1845
>>29509682
I as a non medical professional, am in agreement with that other poster that your gasping could be a symptom of sleep apnea, I knew someone who had it.

I almost always have nightmares, but they're strange in that they're drearily nebulous and horrifying in a menacingly indescribable way.
>>
I legitimately haven't had a dream in years. Please send help.
>>
I often have nightmares of beeing stuck in a starting zombie/flood(halo) acopalypse.
I'm also really scared of the dark and usually imagine things lingering in the shadows.
Another common nightmare is waking up in my dark room, I'll try to turn the lights on but it never works
Then I notice some creature in the shadows will approach me.
I had this nightmare so often, when I start panicking because the lights won't turn on I can actually manage to wake myself up before the second part of those nightmares starts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.