[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been summoned for Jury Duty. Any robots have experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: The_Jury_by_John_Morgan.jpg (291 KB, 787x446) Image search: [Google]
The_Jury_by_John_Morgan.jpg
291 KB, 787x446
I've been summoned for Jury Duty.

Any robots have experience with this?
>>
> get summoned for jury duty
> really don't wanna go
> go anyways since mums rewards good boy behaviour with good boy points
> get in court
> mfw defendant is chad
> do everything in my power to get him convicted
> no one pays attention to me during consultations
> they get him off easy with a minor probation
> get home angry and yell at mum so all my good boy points are gone
>>
>>29509067
you probably won't be selected to be on jury cause you're too autistic
>>
Just acted really excited about the case and they dropped me.
>>
>>29509067
>get a letter summoning me for jury duty
>get really anxious
>want to ignore it, but scared of possible consequences
>decide to actually follow through, went to the court website and confirmed like the letter instructed
>jury duty day comes
>too anxious, convince myself that I forgot about it
>am now incredibly paranoid that I'll be arrested or at least fined if I ever get pulled over

I'm not sure if dodging jury duty is as big a deal as I made it in my head. Sources differ
>>
Yes

>go to court house
>wait around to see if you might be called
>get called for jury selection
>go into a courtroom with other possible jurors
>lawyers start asking jurors questions
>answer them
>they pick several people to be jurors for a case
>got picked
>lawyers try to convince you whether the defendant is guilty or innocent
>call witnesses or other people to testify
>during breaks the other jurors talk about themselves and all the normy stuff they do
>bailiff gives us pizza
>the case is taking too long, they decide to continue the next day
>fuck
>go next day
>same shit, but prosecutors decide to change their strategy
>finally time to go make the decision
>they call out my name
>say that you are the alternate and you won't be part of it anymore
>wtf
>they said I could stay and watch
>decide to stay a bit and watch as the judge is giving out punishments
>judge during the whole time talking to me about how this all works, he is actually pretty cool
>the jurors were taking too long to make their decision, I just leave.
>>
>>29509067
>Jury Duty
Does everyone have to do this at least once in their lifetime?
>>
File: yablewit.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
yablewit.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Register online or whatever and maybe you won't even have to show up. I've received three summons and never actually had to show up for anything.
>>
>>29509447
It is part of your duty.
>>
I've been summoned twice and didn't go to either. First time my grandpa with brain cancer prevented me and the second time was at the same time as my class for promoting from a low tier wage cuck to a manager wage cuck at a fast food joint and I didn't want to wait 3 months to do it again so I bailed.
>>
Just mention the words
>Jury Nullification
Basically it means that in a court of law even if the defendant actually broke the law and is guilty the jury can decide he can go free.
Congrats even knowing about jury nullification makes you ineligible, they won't ask you right out if you know about but ask if you will make your decision following the law. Just say no.
>>
Jury duty is just that, a civic duty. You should be proud to serve on a jury and maintain the judicial system

>b-but muh social awkwardness

Just pretend it's a game of fucking Ace Attorney
>>
I got summoned once. Ended up just dicking around on my 3DS and phone for 6 hours until they sent me home.
>>
>>29509447
No. It's a random selection process as far as I know (more or less).
Besides, it's easy as fuck to get out of if you don't want to go.
>>
>>29509701
What would happen if everyone knew about it?
>>
>>29509831
Well I assume at some point they would just stop asking. Then the justice system would be less corrupt.
>>
>>29509529
Don't you have to show up at the courthouse no matter what? They only excuse you once you're already there
>>
>>29509721
Did I say anything about being socially awkward or wanting to bail out, faggot?
>>
>>29510232
No, but you're on r9k so it's a given

Why are you so easily upset by shit like that? fucking grow a pair
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.