[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck are asian developers so horrible at speaking english
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: rissappointed.jpg (554 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rissappointed.jpg
554 KB, 1280x720
Why the fuck are asian developers so horrible at speaking english ?
I get the fact that it's extremely hard to learn for them, however, people like pic related worked in the industry for years.
They were heavily involved in the english translation of the games and had to give numerous presentations in english, yet they still suck ass at speaking it.
Are they just too proud to learn english because muh grorious nippon race meme or are they just cucks who think being an idiot is cool ?
>>
File: 1450795234380.png (258 KB, 975x695) Image search: [Google]
1450795234380.png
258 KB, 975x695
>>29508009
Hideo Kojima is awful. The gameplay of MGSV was fantastic, but the bullshit story and autistic 2D characters were so shitty. Pic related.
>>
>>29508055
His eccentricity could've probably worked for the Silent Hill franchise but it was obvious he wasn't gonna be working on it after people started to understand what the PT actually meant
>>
>>29508009
Not every developer translates stuff. There is probably a separate team of people that do that. Hideo alone doesn't make video games. Why would you be surprised that people from a non English speaking country can't speak fluent English?
>>
File: 600full-amanda-tam.jpg (18 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
600full-amanda-tam.jpg
18 KB, 445x445
asian languages are just very different from english, lots of it is missing particular sounds like "th" sounds or "ph" sounds; even if Hideo has clearly heard the how correct English pronounciations are, it's still hard to reproduce; I cant roll my r's for shit
>>
>>29508009
>How come people from a different country can't speak the language of MY country?
>>
I read somewhere that when you learn your first language as a child, your vocal cords and tongue develop to be able to speak that language such that even if you learn another language fluently later in life, you'll never sound like a lifelong speaker.
>>
File: PEP_WOJACK.jpg (73 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
PEP_WOJACK.jpg
73 KB, 500x328
>>29508164
logically the production of a game is huge, which would mean that he would have even more exposure to foreign languages.
>>29508200
The problem isn't a jap not speaking englsh, but the ones who are supposed to have used it for years can't make sentences more complex than:
"herro this my name and now show you game i work"
>>
>>29508297
Just curious, how well do you speak Japanese?
>>
ITT: American's that only can speak english complain about people from a different continent not speaking their language.
>>
>>29508327
given that i have no business relations with any jap and therefore do not have the need to learn it, none, logically.
>>
>>29508362
I figured. Try learning Japanese and maybe you'll gain a new perspective on just how hard it can be to learn and speak a language that is nothing like your mother tongue.
>>
>>29508395
Oh yeah, i might just put in the effort to do that.
I just love to work on this for several hours a day throughout the next 5 years of my life in order to get absolutely no benefit, except watching anime without subs.
if i were to watch anime at all
Again, i will most likely never have the money or the motivation to visit Japan in my life at all.
There is no point in me acquiring a third language just for the sake of it.
Mandarin makes ten times more sense, if i were to do it for a job and that stuff is simpler, if however stil one of the hardest languages on the planet.

And if i were to give a presentation about a project in japan, i would atleast learn my speech and practice it, so it is understandable for the audience.
>>
>>29508009
Herro!
Wood yoo rike wantan soop?
Nigga preas!
You get no soop!
>>
>>29508510
You sound butthurt dude, why don't you try learning the language like that poster said? I bet that developers English is better then your Japanese, he came and was able to do his job so just shut up.
>>
>>29508527
Anti-Funny: The Post
>>
>>29508297
I'd wager he spends at least 95% of his waking hours speaking, reading, and working in Japanese. And given that even pronouncing English properly is very difficult for Japanese speakers, it's not surprising Hideo's English isn't great.

You might be surprised to learn how quickly even native language skills decay if they're not used constantly. Just a few weeks of not using a second language at all is enough for vocab and pronunciation to start falling away day by day.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.