[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of your favorite mixed drinks? >pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: Vodka-and-Soda.jpg (296 KB, 831x1024) Image search: [Google]
Vodka-and-Soda.jpg
296 KB, 831x1024
What are some of your favorite mixed drinks?

>pic related
>smooth and crisp taste with simplicity
>instant good feels
>>
>>29507407
P.S no beerfags allowed
>>
>>29507407
triple sec, vodka/gin, lime juice
>>
mojito if you don't agree youre a closet queer
>>
File: white russian.jpg (65 KB, 601x470) Image search: [Google]
white russian.jpg
65 KB, 601x470
I sure hope no-one answers "white russian"
>>
>>29507465
I never had one but I honestly don't have any qualms about girly drinks since they look delicious desu
>>
File: 1466490104434.gif (1 MB, 220x181) Image search: [Google]
1466490104434.gif
1 MB, 220x181
>>29507496

irish coffee, splash of whiskey
>>
>>29507496
I actually ordered my first White Russian not too long ago. Fortunately the cute server knew what in reference it was to and joked about it with me. It's honestly a really good drink but I get the impression it can be a hit and miss
>>
>>29507465
>mojito if you a closet queer

FTFY
>>
Vodka and Coke is supreme. If not Rum and cokes will do
>>
>>29507465
>>29507511
I really wish girly drinks weren't so stigmatized. Fruit juice is delicious and fruit juice + alcohol is just so fucking good AND gets you drunk.

I always get these condescending looks when I drink them but they are the only shit I want to drink. Fucking WHY do men have it so hard on this gay earth?
>>
White Russian is probably my favorite

I've seen the big lebowski 15 times
>>
What vodka do you guys drink? I'm looking to expand my tastes

>inb4 all vodka is the same meme
>>
>>29507465
thos mojitos that you freeze then pour the ice slushy mix into a cup are great
>>
>>29507590
Stolly is my favorite, it's pretty smooth

>captcha: drinks
>>
the only mixed drinks i have tried are rum and cokes and 7+7s. 7+7s are tasty
>>
What are some good mixed drinks that are widely available and don't make you look like a faggot/a pleb? I mostly order beer, long drinks and occasionally cider.

>>29507540
>Fortunately the cute server knew what in reference it was to
What was it in reference to? In this context
>>
>>29507590
all vodka is the s-
>>inb4 all vodka is the same meme
ALL VODKA IS THE SAME

seriously, look it up. vodka is ethanol and water. there's no room for differences.
>>
>>29507610
I had to look what 7+7 was anon. Is it pretty bubbly and sweet?
>>
>>29507659
Personally for me and I guess a lot of other people on the internet think that cheap vodka gives you more severe hangovers.
>>
File: authentic coquito recipe.jpg (89 KB, 610x890) Image search: [Google]
authentic coquito recipe.jpg
89 KB, 610x890
>>29507580
Actually coquito is the comfiest drink so that
>>
>>29507639
The Big Lebowski. I guess she was a pretty big fan of the film since she started making references that I wasn't even familiar with at first.
>>
>>29507707
Big Lebowski isn't some obscure movie though. It was extremely popular when it came out
>>
dark rum and iced coffee
>>
>>29507716
It's also literally raddit.

The dude abides lol XD
>>
>>29507716
Never said it was obscure Anon, never said it was :^)
>>
>>29507666
yea it's bubbly, it's 7up and a sort of sweet tasting type of whiskey

seagrams 7 by itself is fucking awful, but 7 and 7s are really good
>>
>>29507407
>white russian
>gin and tonic
>screwdriver
>vodka cranberry

If I'm getting a cocktail, it's usually one of those.
>>
>>29507740
That's, just like, your opinion, man.

Original dudement
>>
white russians get very sickening after a few sips. i don't know how anyone drinks more than one of them per drinking session
>>
>>29507748
I don't usually go for sweet drinks that contain soda but i'll give it a try next time I visit a bar. Thanks for the info Anon
>>
Coke and henny or simply orange and vodka
>>
>>29507659
Bullshit. I agree once you get out of the bottom shelf there aren't too many differences but Titos for instance tastes a hell of a lot better than Barton and I don't get nearly as hungover.
>>
>>29507797
it's as sweet as a 7up, so nothing crazy, the whiskey just gives it a kick
>>
Gin and tonic is top tier
I also really like blue lagoons
>>
>>29507590
Russian standard, preferbly gold but it is expensive as fuck. Regular is reasonably priced yet really smooth and tasty. Stolichnaya is pretty good as well.
>>29507659
>vodka is ethanol and water. there's no room for differences.
Except there is you dumbass, look it up. They add additives like citric acid, sugar and sometimes even flavouring compounds that are extracted from wheats to most vodkas, it would taste extremely harsh if it would be pure ethanol. Here you go:
http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat54/sub347/item1555.html
>>
Most nights I have gin and soda with a splash of tonic syrup or sweet and sour. If I'm feeling fancy I'll put a few drops of bitters.

Before my gin kick I was drinking bourbon and soda with ginger syrup, or bourbon and ginger ale when I felt too lazy.
>>
Seven and Sevens
Moscow Mules
>>
>>29507820
see
>>29507866

Also, not to even mention the difference in water used in the vodka. I mean I can clearly taste the difference between water from a tap in my area, or one from 50km from here. There is also a difference in mineral water from bottles. These all add to the flavour of the vodka.
>>
>>29507496
My close friend mostly drinks white Russians because of the big lebowski, he really fucking loves that movie and I can't figure out why
>>
>>29507923
what a fucking amateur
>>
>>29507407
lime gin and tonic
fucking godtier.
>>
>>29507407
bacardi and coke oldfag reporting in
>>
>>29507666
>google up the drink
>want to be cheeky and google "14 drink" just to see if "7+7" turns up
>see this
http://coolmaterial.com/feature/14-drinks-you-should-never-order-after-you-turn-30/

REEEEEE! FUCKING NORMALFAGS TELLING ME WHAT TO DRINK OR NOT DRINK WHEN I TURN 30!
>>
>>29508168

Its a weird list. I'm pretty sure 7&7 is considered an old fag drink and the screwdriver and long Island iced teas are considered classics, frozen margarita is pretty common too.

In really shows how normalfags possess no ability to be critical in anything. Instead of going by the drinks history or taking age of the imbiber into consideration it's jut a totally random list of drinks. Rum and coke is the best example. That's the most innocuous drink anyone could order. I can't think of a more unremarkable drink really.
>>
>>29508895
Its probably the fedorafag author who got bullied by frat bros
>>
>>29507590
Ketel One (put it in the freezer).
pour it over rocks or drink neat with an orange wedge. trust me it'll change your life
>>
Black vodka and range juice
>>
Black vodka and orange juice
>>
>Beef Eaters gin from freezer
>Sparkling lemonade from fridge
>1-3 ice cubes
>put ice in glass
>cover ice with gin
>more if you want
>fill glass with lemonade
>stir

My favorite drink
>>
>>29507407

Cuba libre

fuken love it mate
>>
Old Fashioned or Whisky Sour
>>
>>29507407
I like whiskey or spiced rum mixed with water and ice
>>
>>29508895
Rum and Rootbeer > Rum and Coke

Normies don't think for themselves when they're alone, so why would they drink anything different when with friends?
>>
Is Southern Comfort worth it?
>>
>>29509248

I've not tried that before but I bet it's good. I'm not a big rum fan but that's only because I like to pretend I'm a mean old redneck stronk hillbilly who only drinks bourbon. Old crow, fighting cock, wild turkey, eagle rare, it pleases my autism that I can call my bar the aviary.

I love bourbon and root beer. Diet barqs is my favorite. It has a lot more phosphoric acid which gives a strong backbone to it. I need to stop being a lazy fuck and make the real deal with sassafras and chicory. Or I could just get filthy rich and buy those hipster artisan craft sodas. The sweeteners in diet soda gets you drunk faster for some reason.
>>
>>29509405

Its a liqueur,a very sweet mixer not made to drink. I made the mistake buying it because I heard it mentioned irl as if it were whiskey.

Why were you considering it? I don't care for it but it might work depending on what you want. I think it's overpriced for what it is, but most drinks have fucked up price schemes. Mentioned high end gins are only marginally better than middle shelf shit like tanq and Bombay, Buffalo trace is cheaper than makers mark but way better. A lot of it has to do with styles too. Makers mark is for Canadians who want the image of bourbon just like Grey goose and ketel are for people who want to pretend they're classy. Spirits is a fascinating world because it's all over the place and then government comes in to further fuck it up with some places taxing based on abv, some places beer isn't considered an alcoholic beverage so Gant be sold in same store as spirits, and then there's just the hair splitting shit. What is gin but flavored vodka with dominant juniper notes? I enjoy reading about drinking as much as I do drinking about drinking.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.