[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people even do at parties? Do they just talk, drink,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 1401678030900.jpg (14 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
1401678030900.jpg
14 KB, 393x393
What do people even do at parties?

Do they just talk, drink, and "dance"?

How the fuck is that fun?
>>
>>29506436
It's like an online video game match, where you aim to kill as many players as possible to appear at the top score. There is not much purpose, but being at the top score will earn you respect of your peers.
>>
They strategize, OP. They affirm their value before their peers by telling of their latest successes, the embarrassing failures of lesser people, showing off their perceptiveness by talking about out-of-hand topics, perhaps seducing people who are lower on the social ladder than themselves and thus suitable to being used without a stigma attached...everything normal people do is politics. It's all carefully choreographed, all the laughter and fun and romance, and they constantly expect each other to fail. That's because real people, those that aren't robots, are dangerous and cunning animals who need constant conflict to keep themselves entertained.
>>
>>29506507
>being a pro fag gets you respect
you need to stop playing League and GO
>>
normie parties suck dicks

at RAVE PARTIES you dance the night away while being drugged to the max listening to the best music there is
strongly recommended
also friendly people, you feel welcomed and at ease
>>
>>29506541
as if average normie is capable of strategical thinking
>>
File: 1464596115784.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464596115784.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>dance
I'm pretty sure the only parties I've ever been to were people actually did this were weddings. At normal parites its usually a game of beer pong. The people who called "next game" standing around watching and everyone at the table bullshiting. People by the radio talking about stupid shit and usually two people talking about music. And usually people all over the house just chatting it up.

Robots really need to stop watching fucking movies and assuming every party is some college tier insane house party were there are 150+ people packed into a house and weird antics are happening all over.
>>
>>29506436
Normal people enjoy socializing. In a less inhibited state, it's nice to enjoy other peoples presence. Drugs and drinking are fun on their own, but especially with other people. Parties are entertaining and also people don't want to be alone anyways.

The biggest reason people go though is the chance to get laid.

Parties can be pretty fun with the right type of people.

>>29506507
Only sort of true.
>>29506541
This is stupid and implies people do this stuff consciously. Normies aren't scheming or manipulative, you're projecting. They don't even think hard enough to really see things like that. It's all just natural to them. There isn't any forethought or deep planning or even necessarily any malicious intent.
>>
>>29506632
See this shit? The thing where someone calls other people normies only to reveal that he's a fucking normie in the rest of the post? Stop it, have some self-awareness.
>>
>>29506683
dont even trigger me
rave parties are the place for robots, it is the ultimate robot destination
>>
>>29506650
Middle class people are, since middle class people have an average IQ of 110 (the average IQ of a college graduate). For working class people, tradies and so on, the game simply takes place on a more instinctive level - proving that your movements are fluid, that you have sufficient upper body strength, that your reactions are spontaneous. It's the same, really, a party is at once a test of belonging to one's social class (or clique if in high school).
>>
>>29506679
Ignorance has never been an excuse for my fuckups, so I'm content to judge normalfags for their failures to rise above their animal instincts.
>>
To get sex and maintain a strong social ranking to get more sex, favours, job opportunities and influence.
>>
I love dancing to exhaustion. I can get in a sort of trance from certain music.

Otherwise it ain't that much fun.
>>
File: 1405275235137.gif (548 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
1405275235137.gif
548 KB, 500x433
>>29506436
>hating fun
>hating dancing
>hating booze
>>
File: party.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
party.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
this is what you do at a party op
>>
>>29506849
ive watched this movie about 15 times. not proud of it
>>
File: 1463083499542.jpg (60 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1463083499542.jpg
60 KB, 476x687
>>29506663
this is pretty accurate, at least for high school/ college aged parties
>>
>>29506763
I like fun, but hate dancing, drinking alcohol and especially talking with normies.
>>
>>29506849
But that's degenerate, how could someone enjoy rubbing themselves against strangers?
>>
>>29506436
It depends on which kind of people and what kind of party.

Generally though there's almost always some sort of game or two, maybe beer pong or poker or some other card game.

From what I've seen as a cyborg, there are very few parties where people just dance around like they're in a club. It's mostly just people sitting and standing around and it only gets crazy if you're with a bunch of Bros or Staceys who can't handle their liquor, or other cyborgs fucked up on a cocktail of party drugs.

Also typically the bigger the party with more groups of people, the more fragmented it'll be.

>>29506663
Exactly, there was just one party where a bunch of us were sitting in on room just getting high and playing cards where some random Stacey kept popping in and wanted us to come join the "epic dance party".

and the normier parties with no drugs or anything were even more formal, just a bunch of people standing around holding their light beers like coffee cups on a lunch break.
>>
I went to some great parties before I became a loser. Back when my social skills were intact, going to a party was the most exciting thing ever. You might hook up with someone, get laid, make new friends, gain respect from others. All the things that make people feel good.

The alcohol made it ridiculously easy to make a girl laugh, and to be attracted to you. 8 years ago, I considered any party where I didn't make out with someone a failure. Even if I had fun otherwise.

Please god, we have to go back.
>>
I'm not really a party person. I'd rather stay at home and play old games. That said whenever I go to one, I just get drunk and talk to random people who wouldn't show me the time of day out on the street. Alcohol lowers everyone's inhibitions and you can end up in some interesting situations if you let go and let the night play out.
>>
its not fun at all. alcohol. imagine a party without any alcohol. it'd be the last place anyone wants to be.

once all the alcohol is gone, people leave almost immediately.

just graduated college. went to normie parties with nearly 100 people before. once the keg is out, the party decreases to about 20 people in like 15 minutes.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.