[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just want to stay at home, listen to music, sleep, and play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: 1465654597694.gif (486 KB, 253x190) Image search: [Google]
1465654597694.gif
486 KB, 253x190
>just want to stay at home, listen to music, sleep, and play video games
>don't want to leave the house or talk to anyone. Just want to be by myself and kill time as fast as possible for the rest of my life
>work two days a week as a night-time delivery driver
>hate it and wish I was dead the whole time I am working
>earn just enough money to pay for rent, food, and internet
>can buy one or two games a month on Steam with money that is left over
How do I escape this hell? I have another four days until I go back to work and I am already feeling depressed as fuck.
>>
Sadly you'll have to work more to escape. Google some sites on early retirement to see how it's done.

Some have retired in their 20s, albeit with a very minimal lifestyle
>>
Night driving sounds comfy.
>>
File: 1457225699458.jpg (98 KB, 912x720) Image search: [Google]
1457225699458.jpg
98 KB, 912x720
>>29503512

somehow monitize your gaming

If you live in memeland like me then theres no hope at forever living the

>>just want to stay at home, listen to music, sleep, and play video games

Thats all I want, if I was given a 5x5m box to live in to do so until I'm unable to I'd be happy
>>
>>29503531
I know how you can do it. You can buy a few houses and rent them out. That's the most effective way. But I would struggle to get a mortgage on minimum wage without a partner. I would have to work full time for about a decade before I could get a mortgage.

>>29503629
It is, but time goes so slow. I'm clock-watching the whole time. It feels like an eternity up until the last hour. Every time I wake up and go to work, it feels like a lifetime prison sentence.
>>
bruh start doing some drugs in your spare time dont go all heroin. try LSD expand your fukin mind dude
>>
Unfortunately OP nothing in life is easy unless you are born rich. What you want to do is unsustainable you will need to support yourself somehow.

Think of it this way. You work 2 days out of 7. With those 2 days you can afford to maintain a home, eat and entertain yourself with internet and games.

What is the exact reason for your sadness?
>>
>>29503659
Listen to some podcasts or something.
>>
File: 1458522152143.jpg (134 KB, 1440x779) Image search: [Google]
1458522152143.jpg
134 KB, 1440x779
>>29503660

>jut do some drugs exdEDxd XDxdxd omg do LSd xDxDxdX

Fuck off you braindead normalfag

>>29503675
OPs sadness come from that he has a high chance of killing himself during those two days

>>29503659
start a youtube channel or something, even if its low quality just try everything related to what you like
>>
File: 1466213591794.jpg (22 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1466213591794.jpg
22 KB, 512x384
>>29503649
>make money of games
But isn't that just lets plays? I can't do them.

>>29503660
Drugs cost too much. Maybe if they were free or I was rich.

>>29503675
>Think of it this way. You work 2 days out of 7. With those 2 days you can afford to maintain a home, eat and entertain yourself with internet and games.
It's a one-bedroom apartment in a run-down part of town. Cheapest I could get. I cook all of my own food. I don't get a company van, so I cycle to work. And I can only spend about 60 bucks on games a month without running the risk of spending too much.

>What is the exact reason for your sadness?
I don't particularly enjoy anything. I mean, I definitely like being at home, doing things at my own pace, with a closed-cup headset on at all times so I don't hear the neighbours, but I don't enjoy it enough to offset the dread of working. It's preferable to any other alternative, but I hardly love it. Also time goes so fast when I am not working. I work two days in a row, and those two days honestly feel like they last longer than the five days I get off.

>>29503686
I listen to night-time radio which is actually pretty good. Everything is pre-recorded at that time so it tends to be less "fresh" but higher quality. It's not bad, but it eventually just becomes background noise.

>>29503708
>start a youtube channel or something, even if its low quality just try everything related to what you like
I don't do things interesting enough for people to watch.
>>
File: 1438669431474.gif (550 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1438669431474.gif
550 KB, 728x720
>>29503796

Try and make something that doesn't revolve around you being the centre of attention.

Maybe showcase some things you found in whatever game you play? Or make some visual guides with text? Doesn't even need you to talk.

Don't have to be on of the autistic people who scream at games, just content that is interesting to whoever also likes your game

Anything that allows you to make a bit more money so maybe eventually you'd be able to drop that job.

I get 0.05 (usd) average a month from youtube
I'm basically an expert in this rr-ight?
neetbux is good too
>>
>>29503659
That's not the only way. For a couple thousand, you can get started buying low-cost index funds. There are people that have retired just on having cash in the S&P500.

Anyway, for your own sake, get started on something asap.
>>
>>29503796

You can do commentary-free gameplay, especially new games if you buy them monthly, lots of people just wanna see gameplay and not listen to some perpetual child make penis jokes throughout the gameplay
>>
File: JacobTwoTwoDad2.jpg (20 KB, 357x287) Image search: [Google]
JacobTwoTwoDad2.jpg
20 KB, 357x287
>>29503796
Just find something you like and do it, otherwise you'll be pathetic forever. As for money, there is always a quick, medium risk option to sell drugs, and make real money. All you have to do is save it and financially smart.
>>
do you have at least motivation to do anything else that what you are currently doing ?
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 440x330
>>29503649
>>29503845
Are you people seriously suggesting he tries to make money off of youtube?
>>
File: 1453527737164.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1453527737164.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>29503993

>he failed at reading a single line of text

come on now
>>
File: Helio Gracie2.jpg (105 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Helio Gracie2.jpg
105 KB, 600x600
>>29503512
I live similar as fuck! Im all about studying Eastern Philosophy and BJJ.
>>
>>29503845
I would rather avoid trying to make my one hobby into a job, to be honest. You get like, what, 2 cents per 1000 views? I'd never make any more than 100 dollars at best.

I don't even listen to my own music when I'm working simply because I don't want to associate something I like (music) with something I hate (working).

I've been to a doctor a few times about how I feel, and I just get told that I shouldn't feel this way and that I should just be happy. The doctor said that I should just go outside; "jus b uself" sorta shit. I've been on anti-depressants but they stopped working after a while. I'd get neetbux if I could, but being in a job already doesn't make it easy to get a doctor to say I am unfit for work.

>>29503877
Aren't they stocks, though? Bit of a gamble considering that probably 90% of people who do stocks know what the fuck they are doing.

>Anyway, for your own sake, get started on something asap.
I dunno what I'm gonna do. I'm losing my focus at work, so I may end up fucking up really bad (may crash into a house or something), losing my job, then my apartment. It's not a problem, anyway. I only have a few grand in savings, a bicycle, and a computer. Might try being homeless. You never know. I may go crazy and get neetbux.

>>29503920
I wait until games have had a price cut, and then get a sale. So I normally buy them 2+ years after release.

>>29503958
>Just find something you like and do it
The closest thing to something I like is staying at home being by myself.

>As for money, there is always a quick, medium risk option to sell drugs, and make real money
I'm a white guy who hasn't had a conversation with someone in years. I can't sell drugs. I'd get raped and have my drugs stolen.
>>
>>29503512
What kind of driving job? Im a taxi driver and love it!
>>
>>29504036
So, in general, you're correct to be apprehensive about stocks, but an index is basically a collection of many, many stocks put together and makes for a good, stable investment.

I'm really trying not to post links anymore because some fag on this board keeps reporting me for shilling, but I'll post this one for you since you asked. It's very specific to your question and the whole site is excellent.

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/05/18/how-to-make-money-in-the-stock-market/

Before you do anything, though, learn more about what you're getting into.
>>
Consider yourself VERY LUCKY.

In this third world shit hole where I live I would need to work full time in my area of study(engineering) to survive without my family. And I am fu*king sperg like you. severe social anxiety. Curretly looking for a job, but failing at every interview. Currently 23. I will probably live with my family forever.
>>
>>29503983
I do. Or, at least, I did. I have worked in a postal service, as a bank clerk, and even worked in a nursing home. But I hated how high-stress it was and got my current job which is a lot less stressful. I'm just not too sure what I can do at this point.

The closest thing to a good idea now is to work 5+ days a week, save up every penny for about ten years, then MAYBE put down a massive deposit on a house, get a mortgage, and rent it out. But I struggle with working 2 days a week. I did 5 days a week when I worked in a bank, and I felt like killing myself not just while I was at work, but while I was at home.

>>29504045
I deliver quick-to-expire foods and shit like newspapers to small stores throughout a handful of towns. Typically between the hours of midnight and 7am.

>>29504092
>indexes are stable
Then they'll have a shit return, won't they? The return you get with ANYTHING is based upon how much money you have, how long you're willing to lock the money away for, and how much of a risk you're willing to take. If indexes were objectively the safest way to get a big return, then why would people have bank bonds?

Genuine question. I don't know much about stocks.

>>29504102
>In this third world shit hole where I live I would need to work full time in my area of study(engineering) to survive without my family.
Really? The cheapest one-bedroom apartment I could find costs me about 80% of my income (2 days a week at minimum wage), the other 20% goes on food, internet, and the occasional game. You just gotta live like a pauper.

>And I am fu*king sperg like you. severe social anxiety.
I don't have social anxiety. I just find talking to people, and being around them, to be horribly depressing. I had a few girlfriends in my teens and everything. I have just drifted away from society over the years.
>>
>>29504102
I bet you are Indian.
>>
>>29504175
I believe that the average return for the S&P is about 7%, including the collapse in the 1930's, 80's and 2009-ish. (That history is all available online.) And that's not including an extra 1-2% dividend payment (which, in your case, you should set up as an automatic DRIP reinvestment). I don't think there's any lock-in period, either.

The problem is that people can't separate the day-to-day fluctuations with the longer-term plan. For example, today because of the UK decision, the whole index dropped a few percent and I'm sure a few people freaked and sold when it got low. But if they were to hang on for the longer term, it'll even out.

Again, though, there are a LOT of articles online about this and you should do your research on it. It's actually quite interesting stuff. Don't commit everything just because some random anon told you to.
>>
File: 1422820743028.jpg (46 KB, 359x450) Image search: [Google]
1422820743028.jpg
46 KB, 359x450
>>29504102
>>29504264
>deez past treads
>feels like a hallucination
>ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyylmao
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.