[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I wish to discuss philosophy with anons.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: rare pepe.jpg (322 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
322 KB, 1200x1600
Today, I want to hear what kind of moral and ethical code you anons adhere to.

Here, after a lifetime of not knowing what to do, I've eventually found refuge in Buddhism and martial arts. I've learned that, with some exceptions, only I am responsible for my own actions, thoughts, and situation. That compassion and love for someone without the strength to follow through and support them is empty, and that strength without justice and empathy is just violence.

That, in the end, the state of society depends on the quality of its human beings, and I've realized I'm trash as a human being and I want to change that, and make a world where we can all live in peace.

And that forgiveness is in the end the wisest choice. The chads who fucked more than me and fucked me up in highschool, the stacies who treated me like trash, everyone who wronged me only hold power as long as I allow them to. By forgiving them, I feel I've allowed myself to move on, and become a stronger person.

What do you anons think? What philosophical doctrines do you adhere to?
>>
Do you believe in a soul, Philosopher?

Do you believe the mind and body are separate?
>>
>>29503467
I do not know wether there is a soul or an afterlife. Such things are of no importance right here, right now. All I know is I exist and so do fellow human beings, and I strive to do my best under the circumstances I was born in to pay my debt to my parents who made my body and to the laws of casuality that allow our existence.

Zen Ken Ichinyo. This means, body and mind are one. You cannot separate your body from your mind, for they are both you. Your mind controls your body, and through breathing and physical exercise you can improve the state of your body and control your focus, thoughts and feelings.
>>
File: Aghori30.jpg (90 KB, 966x604) Image search: [Google]
Aghori30.jpg
90 KB, 966x604
>>29503385
Theravada Buddhism
Sunyavada Buddism
Yogacara Buddhism
Vajrayana Buddhism
Advaita Vedanta
Shaktism
Trika Saivism
>>
>>29503515
How do these forms of belief blend together for you, anon?
>>
File: Aghori.jpg (122 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Aghori.jpg
122 KB, 480x640
>>29503535
Great! They are all saying the same thing just using different terms. My favorite is Trika Saivism!
>>
>>29503585
Why is it your favourite? I'm curious now.
>>
>>29503385
That's interesting anon. Maybe this would make a lot of sense for many robots.

I'm not very spiritual personally (and an atheist). I think this hurts me. I guess I see myself as an existentialist humanist of some kind (just because it's the only thing that can make sense to me), but not a very good one desu. Mostly I am aimless.
>>
File: 1421322094931.jpg (85 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
1421322094931.jpg
85 KB, 600x857
>>29503385
>Agnosticism
>Nihilism
>Hedonism
>>
taoism and discordianism mostly.

i'm quite fond of luciferianism and hinduism as well. i wish i was disciplined enough for jainism.
>>
File: Bhairava5.gif (599 KB, 1150x832) Image search: [Google]
Bhairava5.gif
599 KB, 1150x832
>>29503612
Deepest religious philosophy! Was a secret religion for over a thousand years! The only reason it became public is the Muslims started destroying their Sutras so it was make these Sutras public so they aren't lost forever or religion just gone. Deepest 4 books Ive ever read and haven't seen anything come close in 16 years are these books translated by Jaideva Singh.

Vijnanabhairava or Divine Consciousness
Siva Sutras The Yoga of Supreme Identity
Spanda Karikas The Divine Creative Pulsation
Pratyabhijnahrdayam The Secret of Self Recognition
>>
>>29503621
My philosophy's name is Kongo Zen, derived from the which is pretty close to atheism. It does not bother with the supernatural.

Instead, it focuses on how to become more like the deva Kings described in hindu methodology, become the incarnation of justice, strength and compassion. Kongo also means diamond, which I believe is an apt analogy for personal growth. Rather than suddenly become a valuable individual or be born as one, it is more worthwhile if one slowly polishes his defects until you become a shining gem.

To me, those born perfect are the worst people to deal with. They will never empathize, they will never understand the weakness of those around us. Those who have failed the hardest are those who understand better than anyone their fellow humans.
>>
Absurdism. Truly the next step beyond Hedonistic tendencies.
>>
>>29503501
Yes, I was pondering and writing recently and arrived at

>What the body is doing, the mind is doing
>There is no divide between mind and body

This philosophy has been helping me break patterns of behavior where I sit still with racing thoughts, or do a repetitive and useless activity with racing thoughts. I usually worry, although sometimes I daydream/fantasize.

I am trying to keep my body busy with useful tasks as often as possible, breaking down the barrier between mind (thinking about a task) and body (doing the task). Destroying procrastination.

As I am generally busier, I am finding more value in moments of introspection or visualization. Since I'm getting more done, the things I think about are less panic-inducing.

I am healing. And 4chan is a relapse, so I'm gonna go take a walk.
>>
>>29503385
>>>to pay my debt to my parents who made my body

What makes you say this? Why would we be indebted to our parents for procreating? They just put us on this world without us asking for it, so why should we be thankful just on that basis?
What if you don't like life? Would you still be indebted to your parents for 'making your body'?
>>
>>29503741
That is a very interesting point of view, anon. After all, we can only see the phaneron, never see reality for what it is.

>>29503814
I am thankful because thanks to them, I can like or dislike life. Without them, I wouldn't be here.
>>
>>29503715
That sounds pretty neat. I really never read much about oriental philosophies, but the little bit I hear sometimes make a lot of sense to me.

I often mean to read more about stoicism and try to make myself more like that. But I'm already quite a bit like that. And it never provided me with much motivation or aim though.

>To me, those born perfect are the worst people to deal with.
Nice.
>>
File: Parama Siva.jpg (15 KB, 262x261) Image search: [Google]
Parama Siva.jpg
15 KB, 262x261
>>29503612

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY243YMOfYo
>>
>>29503831
That doesn't answer my question at all. You're just saying you like existing because that enables you to have an opinion on existing. You like forming an opinion on existing.
The question was if you feel that you are by definition indebted to your parents because of your birth? It wouldn't be fair at all to be indebted to someone for something in which you had no say at all.
>>
>>29503859
I do not find stoicism that useful. It teaches you willpower, yet it gives you no strength in your body to accomplish things with. It teaches you justice, but doesn't give you the strength to follow through it.

>>29503946
Yes, I feel I am, because they provided the nutrients, housing, and everything necessary for it to happen. I may have not have had a say on it, but I am glad to be a part of it regardless.
>>
>>29503997
What you're describing is being grateful, not indebted. There is a difference. You're expressing your gratitude towards your parents, not paying off a debt.
>>
I am a madman. This is what I have, in one form or another, from every individual I have truly opened myself up to. I have heard people say I style myself as someone who wants to be a prophet, a cult leader, what have you. The truth is I am full of fear. That if I refuse to act I damn myself and everyone I could have helped.

This fear ruins my thought process, my ability to establish importance and communicate ideas effectively. I do not know anymore if it is possible to overcome all suffering, pain, trauma, loss. That doesn't change that I believe in what I have read and heard. To lose my fear entirely is to lose the sensation that will keep me from injury. I must learn to live with it.

Good post, OP.
>>
>>29504086
Acting well purifies you. Acting wrong stains. Your quality as a human being is only defined by you.

It's up to you, anon. Whatever you do, you do not, is ultimately your choice. I believe it is within human grasp to be just and good, and so it is within you. Good luck.
>>
>>29503885
Thanks for posting this video! It's really interesting
>>
File: Capture.png (16 KB, 1715x220) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16 KB, 1715x220
>>29503385
Sounds like you were kicking around the can trying to find some sort of existential pigeon-hole to fit into and you found one.
May as well have joined a church because you're replaced the inquisitive mind with a new set of axioms.

>And that forgiveness is in the end the wisest choice. The chads who fucked more than me and fucked me up in highschool, the stacies who treated me like trash, everyone who wronged me only hold power as long as I allow them to. By forgiving them, I feel I've allowed myself to move on, and become a stronger person.
So basically you have major hang ups and value your existence as a reflection of the lifestyles of others. You haven't move on at all, Ekido, you're still carrying them in your mind.
>>
>>29504396
I no longer have any hangups. I am me, and I alone and my choices decide the worth of my existence.

By forgiving them I no longer carry them in my mind. I let them go on with their own lives while I go on with mine.
>>
>>29504483
>I let them go
Then why are you still taking about them?
Look anon, we all went through the grandeur of puberty once but at some point you are going to have to drop the act and be honest.
>>
>>29504513
I will admit I am still unwise and a beginner but my intentions are clear. I do my best to no longer hate. Just move on, and go onwards with my life. We are all humans after all.
>>
>>29503385
I basically believe that it'll be possible to bring dead people back to life and become immortal through science/technology/artificial intelligence. I think when this happens, people will be their own judges on how they lived.

I try to stay healthy by eating properly, not overeating, exercising (not lifting, but cardio and bodyweight exercises), and helping other people stay healthy.

I fight against racism and bigotry, because you should be judged on your actions and you can't attack people because you disagree with their beliefs since you probably don't have all of the answers either.

I think every little thing you do matters, even if nobody is around to witness what you're doing. It'll still affect everyone who has ever and will ever live.

You can still disagree with people and argue with them, but everything should be done out of strength and love.
>>
>>29503385
string theory
rare earth hypothesis
antihumanism
>>
I ultimately lean towards nihilism and hedonism. I have some kind of moral code, but it allows for very, very many grey areas, and when it comes to complicated equations, I recognize that the obvious answer isn't always the right one.

I believe we'd be better off if certain changes occurred, but I don't expect them to happen. That is beyond my reach. So I try to carve out an existence I can bear to live.

I'm more or less an atheist, but lately I've been thinking about the concept of an entity somehow setting off the big bang or some other event to create the universe, and how they could potentially exert a force on it which would make them appear godlike.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.