[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw want to learn either skateboarding or boxing to help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-09-20h10m19s816.png (196 KB, 704x482) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-09-20h10m19s816.png
196 KB, 704x482
>tfw want to learn either skateboarding or boxing to help with self esteem
>too scared of chads laughing at me for failing to even start trying
>>
>>29502043
You have to be at least 18 to come here
>>
Chad's won't laugh at you if you're serious in learning a martial art, but I would suggest getting a little bit fit and flexible before you do.
>>
>>29502402
can you help me get flexible ;)
>>
>>29502402
Any advice on getting fit? I'm not sure what's memes and what's real advice

Appreciate it senpai
>>
>>29502043
The desire to succeed needs to surpass the fear of failure

you can make it anon
>>
>>29502656
haha succ
>>
File: Folded Nippon Steel.gif (2 MB, 427x239) Image search: [Google]
Folded Nippon Steel.gif
2 MB, 427x239
>>29502402
This, OP. Get into Boxing or a martial art like Jiu Jitsu that spars. Now obviously this varies between different gyms and dojos but in my experience douchebags tend to get less douchey if they know their target gets a guaranteed chance to hit back.
>>
>>29502619
First off you've gotta eat right, and get into a routine even if it's only a little you've gotta dedicate time to it ever day. /fit/ actually has some good advice, Check out the sticky there for a good starting point.

Skateboarding as far as I understand it is very similar. start doing it every day and don't be afraid of sucking.

everyone is bad when they start out no matter what it is.
good luck son
>>
>>29502670
In your experience are boxing gyms friendly to new people?
>>
>>29502720
If you're serious about it then yeah very
>>
Skating takes a longtime to get decent at
Find a quiet parking lot near your house and practice 30 mins a day
Shitload of tutorials on YouTube
>>
>>29502043
the fuck ? I feel like I wrote this thread, this is exactly me, I also want to learn skateboard and boxing but too afraid of chads
>>
>>29502043
why skating or boxing?
>>
File: shinji happy lol.jpg (95 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
shinji happy lol.jpg
95 KB, 720x540
OP here want to say thanks everyone for their advice, am taking it on board
>>
>>29502043

>C-chad might laugh at me! ;_;

Fuck off, I want to learn how to sing and I don't live alone.
>>
>>29502761
For pretty autism/faggoty reasons take your pick
I watched Hajime no Ippo and thought "man that looks rad, I want to be like that" then I looked into it more and quite liked what I saw/read.
Skateboarding because I messed around with my friend sometimes and go on it, which is fun and I play shit loads of tony hawk as a kid.
Like I said faggot/autism but still
>>
>>29502748
What scares you about chads though?

Nothing is stopping you except yourself.

You're never going to be perfect at it when you start. If you go ham on it and try your best then you'll look back on yourself in a year and be proud of accomplishing what you once though to be impossible
>>
>>29502790
senpai desu, singing is something you should do in your room depending on soundproofing, and just keep at it. If you have a karaoke bar where you're at then that's a golden opportunity
Hope you make it senpai
>>
>>29502791
Don't tell yourself that it's faggoty or autismal to want to acheive more than you are. there's nothing wrong with those sources of inspiration. people go their whole lives without doing anything like what you want to do and wish that they had gotten to the point where you are that you're actually thinking about it, get off your ass and do it bro, you can but you just dont know it yet. don't ever let the fear of failure get in your way. even if you fail you become stronger for the next time you try.
>>
>>29502811
>>29502790
this desu

practice where you can and you'll make it bruh
>>
>>29502811
>>29502874

What are some good ways to begin to be honest phlams? I know there are vocal exercises but how do you translate that into actual singing?
>>
>>29502894
Sorry I thought you meant you want to learn how to sing and were having confidence problems, can't help out with the technicalities
>>
>>29502894
Belt out a song that you love while you're in the car, download some instrumentals and do your own covers - there's heaps of shit out there
>>
>>29502043
if you start any sport in a gym or a team as an adult, very few people will actually laugh at you... most people will respect that you're trying to better yourself
>>
File: Punch-Out.gif (917 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
Punch-Out.gif
917 KB, 500x216
>>29502720 >>29502735
Original anon here. Yeah for sure man. There's usually some rough housing and ball busting but generally people are there because they love it and they want you to love it too.

What I've realized is that boxers (and martial artists for that matter) are just a different variety of geek. It's a decently easy way to build up a new set of interests and a friend group. Plus once you're a boxer, any place you go you'll have an easier time connecting with other boxers.

Also make sure to do some cardio like at least before you start boxing or taking classes. Shit's tiring mang.

But if you stick with it it's loads of fun. Will probably help you get at least to cyborg too from the exercise and confidence boost.

Good luck anon!
>>
>>29503087
Thanks famalambamman
Is bodyweight exercise the same as cardio?
>>
>>29503101
Some body weight/calisthenics are, but not all. Any workouts will help though.

Honestly running or biking are your best bet. For time rather than distance. One of the hardest things in boxing is keeping up with the pace for long periods of time.

Trying to work towards like a 30min long run a couple times a week would be a good goal. Not that you have to be there before you start, but that improving your lungs and heart will make boxing a lot less hard and a lot more fun.

Of course jumping rope is also the classic standby. That shit is cash and doesn't involve running around outside which I always like.
>>
Do normies do stuff like taekwondo or jui jitsu or is it only weebs?

I want to learn some form of martial art but away from all the normalfags.
>>
>>29502043
Start both
>>
Just start watching hajime no ippo.
>>
>>29502043
Learn kickboxing or some other asian martial art. Self defence type ones have less chads and more simple normies (and even total fucking losers) who want to compensate.
>>
>>29504442
Hajime no Ippo is what got me interested in the first place
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.