[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you fight anxiety ? I had a massive panic attack yesterday,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
How do you fight anxiety ?

I had a massive panic attack yesterday, they had to pull me up the hospital in an ambulance.

This is getting out of hand.
>>
Try a psychiatrist and ask for benzos those were the only thing that worked for me but they may worsen depression(I know from experience) or try buspar i heard it works but I have no patience for them gradually increasing doses for over a year to get to the power of a benzo.
>>
File: 1462696956537.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462696956537.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
Do you smoke? If you do quit, when I quit all my anxieties went away after a month. It was the weirdest shit.

If not, maybe change something about your lifestyle like getting more exercise, getting a better diet, or talking to people more. If none of these work you might have an anxiety disorder and should consult a mental health professional. Good luck! We're rooting for you.
>>
try reading "panic away"
>>
>>29499567
rc benzos off the clearnet are as "good" as the real thing ime
>>
File: 1322543498754.jpg (33 KB, 192x279) Image search: [Google]
1322543498754.jpg
33 KB, 192x279
I had panic attacks every day for about half a year, went to the ER about half a dozen times.

First off is some good anxiety/depression meds, those will definitely help make the symptoms less extreme. Second is just practice, for lack of a better word. Just gotta force yourself to think, "This is just anxiety, I'm not gonna die," and just have faith that you're not gonna die.

It's really hard at first but it gets slightly easier every day, took me about a year to get out of the habit. Used to be just a bad thought or feeling my heartbeat or a minor arm/chest pain would totally set me off but I've rarely felt any starting symptoms lately and when I do they're easy to extinguish in a few seconds.
>>
>>29500440
Interesting.

See i'm not really afraid of dying per say, but i i'm afraid of vomiting. I don't know why, it's just a phobia i have since i'm a teenager.

So everything that COULD potentially make someone, or myself sick (in fact every situation that COULD make someone puke for various reasons) like being in a car or in a bus, strong food smell, being lightheaded or dizzy, etc etc, creates anxiety and if i don't try to "control" it the best i can i will have a panic attack. Guaranteed. I'm afraid of puking more than i'm afraid of dying.

Since this shit started i lost basically 5kg (which is bad considered how skinny i am) because in my ill head food = potential vomit.

I feel dizzy all the time and that's doesn't help with anything.
>>
>>29499760
heh, i'm not fond of the idea to get hooked on a drug to unfuck my shit
>>
Try sleeping
>>
>>29499567
Avoid the situations that cause your anxiety.
>>
>>29501100
So basically i should avoid going outside, eating and using my computer. This won't work mate, and even in my current state i'm able to recognize a shitty advice.

>>29501090
I go to sleep at 22pm and wake up at 6h30am. I think it's enough, i don't feel i need more.
>>
>>29500881
I have emetophobia that escalated into panic disorder. Not gonna lie I still get the fearful thoughts but the same as dying guy I can manage it, I just remind myself that 1. People actually don't throw up that much unless you're at a nasty pub or club and 2. As an emetophobe you're even less likely to throw up than the average person. You pretty much only throw up if you "let" yourself so outside of being really fucking drunk or extremely ill to the point of altered consciousness you will not throw up. I'm living a relatively normal wageslave life now.
>>29501124
Playing pc games on a large monitor was the most recent thing that made me close to panic about puking. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
>>
>>29500881
Well then yeah try to train yourself not to vomit. Just gotta internalize that the anxiety is a superficial feeling that's not worth dwelling on. It's really hard but you just gotta basically nip it in the bud, try not to think about it too deeply.

Once again, easier said than done but it can be done, just realistically takes a lot of practice.
>>
>>29501124
Why the fuck are you going outside anyways you fucking normie?
>>
>>29501171
Yeah you're right.

>>29501162
Good to see another emetophobic on this website. You're right about throwing up, it's usually the end result of something very nasty, filthy or specific.

But the main problem i have is that i suffer from a vestibular deficit since a month now, basically my inner ear is acting wonky and cause me some dizziness / lightheaded feeling. According to the doc it should go away and my brain should compensate after some time, but that dizzy feeling REINFORCE my fear of throwing up (because of the subconscious association of being dizzy = throwing up).

So it's like the snake biting it's tail.

I feel dizzy = i FEEL like i'm gonna throw up / should throw up = emetophobia kicks in = anxiety kicks in = anxiety makes everything worse and creates even more nausea and dizziness = panic attack = end up in an hospital with anti-nausea in perfusion and go home after two hours.
>>
>>29501195
Buying food for once. And when i manage to overcome my anxiety, which is extremely difficult, going outside actually helps me getting "fresh" thoughts and not be stuck in a depressive thoughts loop.

Also i have nothing else to do since i can hardly sit in front of a computer screen.
>>
I feel like my life isn't really real
I feel like my consciousness is dying and another is being born anew every second without "me" knowing that i just died etc etc
I try my best to not think about it but it's giving me really bad anxiety attacks
>>
>>29501061
yeah definitely don't wanna get hooked or even use it regularly but these things have their uses
>>
>>29501377
Damn, i know this damn too well.

I know it's easier said than done and this will probably not help much, but you need to realize that this sensation is 100% caused by your anxiety or depression.
>>
this thread is interesting

bump
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.