[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lottery general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: megamillions.png (446 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
megamillions.png
446 KB, 492x479
Mega Millions: $363 Million
Powerball: $203 Million

Why aren't you buying lottery tickets. Odds are no one wins most draws, but someone eventually wins, and that someone could be you if you buy a few tickets.

If you win you should take the default annuity plan because otherwise you WILL go full retard with the money unless you actually have experience in the finance industry or your family owns an investment firm. Also don't expect it to make you any happier if you win the lottery. If you are depressed before you win the lottery you will be even more depressed afterward.
>>
If dubs I win the lottery and everybody itt begs for items from me and I just might give it to them
>>
>>29498884
I'm buying MM tomorrow. It's only a dollar a piece. I'll late until PB is 500+.
>>
File: 1463330320268.png (731 KB, 607x800) Image search: [Google]
1463330320268.png
731 KB, 607x800
>>29498899
niceecin
>>
>>29498884
Why would someone drive a car that plays the lottery? If I were to play I'd be the type to worry so much I'd never enjoy it. I don't vote for similar mathematical reasons.
>>
>>29498884
I've been playing the mega millions since last week cause it was high. I love day dreaming about winning after purchasing a ticket, just thinking about all the wrong people have done to me and the betrayals and just rubbing it all in their faces. I need this.
>>
>>29498884
I buy a lottery ticket or two every few weeks when i'm feeling like getting my hopes up. it's really silly to buy more than one at a time because you "double your chances of winning." The money you spend on lottery should be so small that you don't miss it. If you're doing that, then it's fun to play because you get to imagine what you'll do if you win and you get that nice little feeling like you might be the one.
>>
>>29498884
>Why aren't you buying lottery tickets.
The expected value is negative. The whole point of the lottery is that they take in more than they pay out. It's a voluntary tax on people who don't understand probability.

There's also the matter that I live in Illinois, which is so broke that it isn't paying lottery winners, just giving them IOUs.
>>
>>29499715
>isn't paying lottery winners, just giving them IOUs.
Da fuck? Explain this shit?
>>
>>29499715
someone win's you retard. Good enough odds for me/
>>
>>29499834
What's there to explain? You show up with a winning ticket, and the state doesn't pay you.

http://abc7chicago.com/politics/il-lottery-sales-slump/1079866/
>>
>>29498884
i won $4 in the last powerball
spent it on 4 mega millions tickets and lost it all
might buy another mega millions tomorrow.
>>
Gonna buy several of each
>>
Is there some smaller lottery with better odds? I don't need that much money.
>>
>>29500761
there are low-stakes games, but the odds are never in your favor. Mathematically you're certain to lose money the more you play.
>>
>>29499989
That's the scam. Everyone I know who wins a little instantly gets greedy and buys more..
>>
>>29498899
give me $500,000 to pay off debt and start life over
>>
>>29500761
Does your state have state lotterys?

I'm in NJ and have both a state lottery and also a tri-state lottery. Tri state can get big in the multi millions, while the state lottery can get up to 600k.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.