[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /r9k/ have any talents or skills? I tried everything guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1452530060154.jpg (66 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1452530060154.jpg
66 KB, 540x472
Does /r9k/ have any talents or skills?

I tried everything guys
I can't play sports
I tried writing music for years and years but I hate everything I make, I'm the least creative person I know
I locked myself in my room for hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to get good at games but no matter how much I practice I get destroyed

What do you guys do for fun? Nothing is fun for me.
>>
I can ride a bike with no hands if that counts as a talent.
>>
I feel the same wat tbhq familia
>>
games aren't a talent

sports don't matter unless you're best in the world and have been on a tightly monitored path towards professionalism since childhood

writing doesn't matter, the most profitable shit is just regurgitated algorithmic bullshit that triggers clicks

in conclusion: read books (I recommend all those boring and shitty classics your teachers tried to get you to read, for a start), watch films (funny you use a RLM image), and find satisfaction that doesn't come from social performance
>>
>>29495373
more than what I can do desu

>>29495436
some games require talent, I've met people who are really good at counter strike.
And those are the kind of books I like to read, but for the past few months I just haven't been in the mood to read them at all.
>>
>>29495496
my point is that by and large games do nothing, they're masturbatory. there are people who leverage gaming to build relationships and expand a social network or whatever... but odds are they're not whining on /r9k/ about it

the day you stop playing CS, every second you spent playing CS was utterly wasted
>>
>>29495322
I was good at sports before I got lazy, I don't think I'm good enough to play competitively

I would've been first chair at my schools band if I actually stuck with it but I changed through three instruments before getting incredibly. Don't have enough money to buy a piano but its probably the most fun I've had playing an instrument

Usually when I play a game I get to a "respectable" rank within my first 6 months or so of playing it, but depending on the genre I might quit out of sheer boredom

being good at stuff actually kinda sucks, 4/10 would not recommend actually being talented at what you enjoy, because the second you enjoy it you'll realize its repetitive and meaningless.You'll be able to break down the thing you enjoy to a science, and you'll quickly realize what you need to do and how you need to do it to win.

I just get bored way too fucking quick nowadays, I probably need to look into something more advanced than CS or LoL if I want to find something thats actually fun to get better at.
>>
I can draw like an autist, barely know pacing in editing videos, well versed in history and meme history, adept level shitposter, somehow can entertain people without trying hard, adept at writing, master level at daydreaming and escapism.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.