[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
w-what happens when we d-d-die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 18
File: 1464820189262.png (21 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464820189262.png
21 KB, 640x640
w-what happens when we d-d-die?
>>
>>29493971
You spawned out off the abyss of nothingness and you die back in to it
>>
You reincarnate as the thing you hate the most
>>
>>29494092
karl marx?
>>
sweet oblivion
>>
>>29493971
You diseappear and cease existing.
Just as you were (not) before you were born.

To realize what death is, and to realize what life would be...
It's fucking tempting
>>
>>29494092
but thats myself
>>
>>29493971
The universe infinity repeats. When all stars die, and the universe dies, all will condense into a single particle, soon to create another big bang under the exact same conditions out universe was created. You will live the same life for eternity. After death, we would have no concept of time, so it would be like blinking: eyes closed to die, and eyes open to be born. It's like a revolving wheel of hell that mankind can never beat.
>>
i wonder
inexistance isn't included in life
so i wonder if nihil even exists at all
god that's scary
>>
>>29493971
Enthropy takes over
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14 KB, 300x358
After your death you will be what you were before your birth.
>>
>>29493971
We go to the next level of hell
>>
I really hope that there is an after life or you reincarnate, etc. Some form of conscious.

I am most afraid of not existing anymore, the human brain can't even wrap it's mind around what it will be like to not exist/work, but sometimes I get "glimpses" of what it might be like and it truly terrifies me.

I rather be unhappy than not exist.
>>
You respawn
>>
>>29494364
how misenthropic
>>
>>29494297
That's actually pretty neat

fuck off robot I'm original
>>
File: 1410304708551.jpg (2 MB, 1718x2048) Image search: [Google]
1410304708551.jpg
2 MB, 1718x2048
TRAPPED IN PURGATORY
A LIFELESS OBJECT ALIVE
>>
>>29494274
yep, it's a bitch, ain't it?
>>
>>29494297
Wrong.

It's like going to sleep, and when you "wake up", you're awakening to the same universe but in the future when humanity has advanced science to the point that dead people can be brought back to life.

>>29494421
There is no magical afterlife, we have to create it. The universe perfected by science will be the afterlife for those who died. Don't be afraid.
>>
There is no difference between being alive and being dead. One minute particles are jiggling around and theres this thing that thinks it exists, the next the particles decide to go do something else and the effect disappears.

Scientists have no reason to believe that "consciousness" or "mind" exists, that's just a part of your brain that tells itself that. Like a chair, boldly declaring, "I exist! I have free will!"

You might as well say you caused yourself to exist.
>>
>>29494997
>There is no difference between being alive and being dead.
>>
>>29495022
That's right anon. An eternity of self pity and shitposting
>>
File: nas.gif (79 KB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
nas.gif
79 KB, 237x300
>>29493971
itt: robots attempting philosophy with no grasp of reality and a warped/incomplete understand of both science and religion
>>
We black out and it's like we sleep.
>>
>>29495044
Well care to elaborate on your theory since you seem to know what going on?
>>
>>29495022
Well? There's the same number of atoms, the body weighs the same, sure the brain and organs shut down but fundamentally those things were just patterns of particles. They don't have a "soul", whatever that's even supposed to be
>>
Well we actually do have a burst of a shit ton of DMT from the pineal gland right before we pass away. This causes a severe time distortion so a matter of minutes may seem like forever. Much of what people consider "an after life" is usually described as what DMT trips are like. So those last minutes of consciousness may actually be a natural drug trip where we go to an drug induced afterlife of our own creation. Depending on our personality we might have different final trips. Ultimately we will however lose consciousness and our brains will deactivate. After that who knows about a life force or soul or what have you.
>>
File: gay_ass_movie_shit.jpg (104 KB, 661x800) Image search: [Google]
gay_ass_movie_shit.jpg
104 KB, 661x800
>>29495044
What else did you expect?
Sds
>>
>>29495044
But isn't it great that we can come together and discuss our different ideas?

no, you're all faggots and I hate this place
>>
>>29494997
>One minute particles are jiggling around and theres this thing that thinks it exists, the next the particles decide to go do something else and the effect disappears.

How's that not a difference ?
>>
>>29495107
It's a difference in appearance. Water looks different in a cup than in a bowl, but it's still just dead, lifeless water.
>>
>>29495078
They never actually proved any of that. Yes DMT is present in our body's and brains. Yes the pineal gland has the precursor to create DMT. But no it was never proven that it does produce DMT and that there is a release at the moment of death. It's just a theory
>>
>>29493971
Nobody for sure knows what happens after we die but the most likely thing is just stop existing

Like many here said, just think about how things were before you were born, birth and death are the same
You will, however, dream before dying, you will think that you're ascending to heaven or that you're going some place else
The reality of that is that the brain produces those images before shutting off
>>
>>29494421
Death is something that we all are going to go through
It's inevitable, you have to accept it

Everything will just end for you, you will stop existing and if you can't wrap your head around that just think about how things were before you were born, do you remember any of that? Of course not, that's how being dead is like
>>
our bodies decompose and return into the earth.
but am an organ donor so my parts will probably be given to someone that needs it if it's still useful.
>>
>>29495144

Buts it's not a theory. You said it yourself, it hasn't been proven.
>>
File: 51P24AAS71L.jpg (32 KB, 342x475) Image search: [Google]
51P24AAS71L.jpg
32 KB, 342x475
>>29493971
Death is an endless dream, the dream world is the world of the dead
>>
>>29495144
That's true, but it's a good theory which hasnt been studied throughly enough.
>>
>>29495306
I know that. Realistically it will never be either. DMT metabolizes to fast. I mean giving someone an maoi right before death might buy you some time but. At the same time no one really wants to do research on this so who knows
>>
>>29493971
Most people will die in their sleep if their lucky enough to go out like that then you'll either be buried in a casket or cremated in accordance your wishes don't worry fellow anon you won't know or feel a thing (hopefully) if/when you finally kick the bucket then forever eternal sleep kicks in
>>
>>29495276
that'd be cool. except i like not dreaming sometimes.
>>
>>29494997

>Scientists have no reason to believe that "consciousness" or "mind" exists

That consciousness exists is self-evident.
>>
>>29495070

>sure the brain and organs shut down but fundamentally those things were just patterns of particles

So? A functioning computer is a different thing than a broken computer.

Same with our body.
>>
>>29494092
wouldn't that mean certain warring factions, like jews and islamists, just ping back and forth endlessly?
>>
anyone who wishes to repeat this hell is a normalfaggot
>>
>your consciousness will never float around exploring the universe after death
>>
>>29494916
>you're awakening to the same universe but in the future when humanity has advanced science to the point that dead people can be brought back to life.
not that anon but you're a fucking retard
>>
>>29496435
Cool counterargument bro, why are you being so hateful? Are you feeling weak?
>>
>>29496435
I think he means like,reviving people seconds after they die with some new medical tecnology,not bringing 2pac back from the dead. I agree tho,it sounded like that and if he actually meant that,yes,he is retarded
>>
>>29495473
Pretty much
Unless you do something really good or really bad.
>>
>>29493971

fucking nothing, just blackness lmao

don't be a dumbass
>>
>>29495044
THIS is true very very true
>>
>>29497835
yoooooooo what the fuck
>>
File: 1466488455864.png (165 KB, 308x290) Image search: [Google]
1466488455864.png
165 KB, 308x290
>tfw this is rapidly becoming a more than merely philosophical question for me

Stop saying nothing you faggots
>>
"We" as in the you and the rest of the npcs this earth is polluted with? I honestly don't know. I guess you guys just shut off like how a computer does. As for me, the player of this universe, I will live forever.
>>
File: nJhHp.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nJhHp.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
>>29497928
>As for me, the player of this universe, I will live forever

You realize that I'M the protagonist of this existence, don't you?
>>
>>29497918
fine
dumbledore tallies the house points and if you were good you win and if you were bad he rapes you
>>
>>29494376
But having no memories of anything does not equate to nothing having happened. I have no idea what the guy in the pic was thinking if he thought that was the case.
>>
File: PicsArt_06-23-12.42.52.jpg (279 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-23-12.42.52.jpg
279 KB, 1280x720
SIMPLE :

you go back

to where you were

100,000,000,000 years

before you were born
Off topic :
this is my original character
GRIN REAPER

(The Grim Reaper's more successful, life of the party, Alpha Brother)
>>
ALL JOKING ASIDE :

i was always consumed with the desire to cease existing... I overdosed intentionally several times, and actually succeeded FOUR times........ As in DEAD...

I had to be resuscitated those times.

In 2009, I was having a minor surgical procedure performed, and the anesthesiologist accidentally over administered PROPOFOL...

I died on the operating table, and had to be defribulated... They put me into a medically induced coma for 14 days while they monitored the damage done they had done to my heart...

ANYWAY.... that's all 100 percent TRUE

(There was never a 'light at the end of any tunnel' or any other cliches)

Its not like 'sleep'....

non existence isnt 'like anything'

I haven't even vaguely 'thought about' wishing I was dead since then...

There is no better way of describing it than to say 'NOTHINGNESS'....

take it from me... Life is flying past you at an epic pace... Make the most of it... Enjoy every millisecond.
>>
>>29494092
Fuck, I'll be from Colombia
>>
>>29493971

Supposedly you are overwhelmed with a sense of comfort and belonging in your last moments. After that, I imagine it's like falling asleep - only you'll never wake up.
>>
>>29493971
We are reborn in flame, and arise from the previously rested branch of the Great Flame, curling around the familiar coiled sword, we learn from our mistakes, devise a new strategy, and push on.
>>
File: 1449880748779.jpg (675 KB, 1280x1863) Image search: [Google]
1449880748779.jpg
675 KB, 1280x1863
As a long-time Neet I feel I have some valid insight on this topic...

First of all, forget the notion that your "self", as defined by the agglomeration of qualia and the internal monologue, is an emergent property of some hitherto unnoticed subtle features of reality.

Although science is the most useful tool we have, it does not aim to describe the nature of being itself, only the constituent elements of the being as a whole. The laws of physics should be regarded as a way to relate parts of the conscious self, called the "all in all" by many others, notably the physicist Erwin Schrodinger https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Erwin_Schr%C3%B6dinger

What we take as being an emergent property is actually the fundamental framework through which everything is made manifest, and so cannot be said to be determined by the imposition of some agents wholly separate, but rather the opposite. Everything that we know of reality, and all of science, is real in the sense that it is experienced by the conscious self, by definition. This is necessarily true, as this is the very focal point of the search all curious minds have gone on throughout history and culminating in modern science.

This isn't a bash on science, and not even really about science ideally, but it is necessary to address the fundamental role of subjective reality if only to lay a framework to discuss the questions dealing with the reality dear to our hearts, namely such questions as the nature of death and the capacity for the self to impose change of its own accord.

Thats all I've got on the matter, but it is an important thought. I do not possibly claim to know what happens after we die, only that we should not lose the forest for the trees. The fact is that nobody has any idea, especially not the people proclaiming that their observations of others dying is where the answer lies.
>>
What if you were born as a dinosaur 200 million years ago? If you died then would you just stop existing for all eternity after that?

No.

You can't not experience life. "Nothingness" isn't real because if you have nothing then you automatically have something because you don't know if you have nothing without a "something" for reference. You're on Earth for a fucking reason. Look at how many planets in the universe are incapable of supporting life. Why aren't you alive on those planets, experiencing this "nothingness" as specks of stardust? Because they don't fucking experience consciousness, and you can only experience consciousness in places where life is possible, so wallah, you're here on Earth as opposed to some sort of pseudo-conscious matter in the core of the sun.

What happens when you die will be identical to what happens when a school of tuna dies, a spider dies, a bird dies, a crab dies, etc. You're just an intellectual being so it seems like a really big deal.

Circle of life, etc.
>>
>>29493971
I put you down in the ground, faggot.
>>
>>29493971
I don't wanna scare you so but this probably happens to us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG0s9_blRbw
>>
>>29498970
This desu.

Nothingness doesn't exist any any way shape or form, for those of you who claim to have experienced it, all you experienced was the transition from passing out to regaining consciousness. There is no usefulness in near death experiences for this reason (and the rest of them claiming other things are either on drugs or liars).

I do think when you die you will immediately find yourself in a similar position to when you were first born with regard to your current memory.

But I wonder what determines the direction? I have no idea
>>
>>29493971
Nothing. You just lose any consciousness.
>>
>>29495044
Any retard can understand religion, it's made for them after all.
>>
File: angel_futa.jpg (159 KB, 847x1000) Image search: [Google]
angel_futa.jpg
159 KB, 847x1000
You go to heaven where beautiful young woman with huge cocks fuck you for all eternity

the end
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>29499954
God fucking bless, famalam.
>>
>>29499954
>all those talking apes thinking so highly about their existence to the point that they think that there's an special place for them in the afterlife
There's not such a thing. You are born, you live, you die.
>>
File: 2CF.gif (877 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
2CF.gif
877 KB, 500x304
>>29493971
hopefully something better
with bacon on the side
>>
Everything dies with you. Your entire perceived world is gone, and the you that is no longer you ('you' no longer exist) transcend into a state nearly indescribable by the human vocabulary.

It is beyond nothing. Less than nothing.
>>
>>29497835
thats fucking gnarly
>>
File: 1465007945527.png (169 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465007945527.png
169 KB, 640x480
>>29497954
>tfw your not the only one living with this notion
so who is the co-star? am I the co-star? Is the social belief of God the costar?
>>
What if it all just resets? Think about it. The whole deja vu thing. Sometimes you think you saw something that happened before but logically you know they didn't. What if those things are from the previous versions of you?
>>
File: 1444296856822.jpg (67 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1444296856822.jpg
67 KB, 500x324
>>29493971
You join the skeleton wars!
>>
>>29497103
>not bringing 2pac back from the dead
>not believing that humans will be able to control time and bring 2pac back in the future
It's okay, I know you feel weak and you think humans will always be weak.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.