[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a university degree in optical physics from a really good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466663028273.jpg (60 KB, 876x584) Image search: [Google]
1466663028273.jpg
60 KB, 876x584
I have a university degree in optical physics from a really good university. I had two internships during university, one of them at MIT, where I learned some valuable and in-demand skills and began my trek to learn others. I have letters of recommendation from my internship supervisors and my professors. I had excellent grades.

And after graduating, nobody would even so much as throw me a bone. I was a NEET for eight months until my father (who liked to style himself as "important" and influential", but who in the end, when it mattered, couldn't get anyone to do him the favor of hiring his son) finally pulled strings so I could get a dead-end, low-paying, and shitty job as an office clerk for a tiny local company run by some spoiled daddy's boy and his gang. And they only hired me because they wanted to lure my father in and get him to sign business deals with him.

Ended up getting fired in April (I lasted some 8 months), and I've been a NEET ever since. Despite putting in a vast number of applications, have I gotten anything?

No.

Why?

Who knows.

I know I made this thread to watch the excuses normalfags will conjure though. Anyone in my position or worse is free to watch the fireworks.
>>
>optical physics
The fuck is that?
>>
Please marry me senpai. I can support the two of us on my intern income
>>
you've got nowhere to go but up man, even if that isn't really true it is practically true.
maybe get a second degree/training and become an optometrist or optician. Probably not what you wanted but you'll have plausible "he-hey, I just love optics" credit and it'll be a relatively cushy job when you eventually become established.
>>
This is why I switched out of physics. It's not early translatable into business applications.
>>
you must be really smart
>>
>>29494219
Book smart, but not clever or cunning enough to plan out my life in realistic enough ways to know exactly which major to select at age 18. I was smart enough to go STEM, but not enough to know which to pick.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.