[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else life started going down hill when they got a computer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 43434.jpg (30 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
43434.jpg
30 KB, 500x359
who else life started going down hill when they got a computer?
>>
>not having a computer since birth

i don't even
>>
>>29492149
u shouldnt be on here mr underage
>>
>>29492114
I know that feel
But I still have one last chance since I'm going to uni this fall.
>>
>>29492114
I started using a computer daily since I was in primary school

It would've been better if I didn't
>>
>>29492114
I can't really say it went "downhill" because my life being utter shit is what made me turn to the computer in the first place.
>awful home life
>neurotic disposition
>fat
>picked on at school

I will say that cowardice ruined my life. But, I also strongly feel that things were always more difficult for me than normal people. Like, legit terrifying. My legs would always shake and I'd feel on the verge of breaking down giving public talks at school--ALWAYS. And I did like 50 of them.

Still, the only times I really remember in life/when I felt like I was in the moment and "living" were when I was outside my comfort zone and did something risky.
>>
Me.

Met some people whom I would've done better to have not met.
>>
>>29492764

This. I can understand this to a frightening degree. It only got worse after I pissed myself during a book report in front of two classes and everyone's parents.
>>
File: 1335093177748.gif (44 KB, 784x811) Image search: [Google]
1335093177748.gif
44 KB, 784x811
It went downhill when I moved it to my room and had access to it whenever I wanted. Next I bought a new gaming PC and since then my life's quality drastically decreased.
>>
>>29492980
>when I moved it to my room and had access to it whenever I wanted

This. I was relatively normal as a kid when I had to share the family computer and our spotty countryside internet would go down for days at a time with no explanation. Needed to have hobbies that didn't involve a computer.

Now I have blazing fast 100Mbps fiber and a high-end gaming PC and am literally incapable of leaving the house without having a panic attack.
>>
>life sucks because of reasons
>turn to escapism because of this
>blame escapism for your shitty life

wew

I hope you aren't actually this retarded
>>
>>29493073
Feedback loop innit. Escapism makes it possible to ignore your problems instead of dealing with them, which makes your problems worse, which makes you turn to escapism, which makes your problems worse, and so on.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.