[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anon, I didn't see you on our workplace barbecue this Friday.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: boss-lady-pf.jpg (96 KB, 378x414) Image search: [Google]
boss-lady-pf.jpg
96 KB, 378x414
Anon, I didn't see you on our workplace barbecue this Friday. Got something to say? That was a mandatory group activity, made to foster trust and companionship among workers, don't you remember? I'm afraid I'll need a written excuse from you or else I'll be obligated to take measures. Remember, this is a team player company and we do not tolerate individualism.
>>
>>29491313
>"we do not tolerate individualism"
More like "We noticed that you weren't at the Team Barbecue on Friday. Was there a reason you couldn't make it? Because everyone else showed up and participated, so we were wondering why you were missing."

It's a lot more creepy and subtle than that. What makes it scary is that the person who is threatening to kick you out of paycheck land and into starvation alley doesn't know that she is brainwashed and enforcing brainwashing on you as well.
>>
>>29491313
This kind of shit doesn't actually happen in the workplace on a regular basis, right? Employers being able to fire you because you didn't go to one of their horrible social activities.
>>
>>29491313
>work in lab
>everyone leaves me alone because everyone is too busy to talk
>pretty much zero supervision
>no "extra curricular" social activities
>no HR cunts or managers breathing down your neck
>no expectations from employees other than "get your shit done in a timely and accurate fashion"

I really lucked out, but not all wageslavery is awful.
>>
>>29491422
It depends on where you work. My father's work has all sorts of social opportunities available, but the only people that really participate are the younger people. Mine, however, has a mandatory "team building" event coming up in just a couple weeks.
>>
>>29491644
I work for a major international corporation. We have all sorts of these team activities, and while none of them are technically obligatory, failing to go to at least one a year reflects a bit poorly on the annual review.

My manager never gives me shit for it though, so it's fine. About half of the events are diversity bullshit anyway.
>>
File: 1465498407844.jpg (34 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1465498407844.jpg
34 KB, 500x281
I've got nowhere else to go
I got.. no where
>>
>>29491313
>have a motorbike because fuck cars
>mandatory work group outing/dinner/BBQ thing
>"it'll be fun, come on"
>turn up an hour late
>lie about getting lost
>some people brought their kids
>the kid of someone from another department whom I had never met in my life runs up to my bike
>"WOOOOW A MOTORBIKE" etc.
>whatever, he's a little kid, little kids find stuff like that amazing
>let him sit on the bike for a bit and give him my helmet
>he's just pretending to drive it for about 5 or 10 minutes
>his mum comes up in a state of shock
>UM EXCUSE ME, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE
>sorry?
>GET AWAY FROM MY CHILD, WHO ARE YOU? I'LL CALL THE POLICE YOU KNOW
>wait...what are you talking about?
>she was concerned that I was some kind of paedophile just for letting a kid sit on my motorbike for a few minutes
>solidified my view that people are shit and I should never associate with them
>>
>>29491422
I literally only got out of my last Christmas party because my brother in law killed himself and I kept that information to myself for two days and then faked a phone call in which I received the news.
Even then they were like "Don't you wanna come and get drunk?" Luckily I had "to be there for my family", otherwise they would have pressured me into it.
>>
tfw there are no real consequences in life
>>
>We're going to have a workplace party!
>Spouses, right guys?
>We'll have to get a date for anon. :^)
>>
>>29492118
mother hens fucking cockblocking like it's their job
>>
That sounds like the mandatory "sensitivity training" that everyone had to go to at work. They seriously had some fat bitch with rainbow hair come and talk to us about how we have to respect the pronouns of "Xe" and "Zur". Also said they were permanently removing the options of male and female for genders and gave us a paper with 82 genders and told us to pick one and our new pronouns. Two of the older people around age 60 walked right out and quit.
>>
>>29492696
I don't blame zem desu
>>
>>29492696
I had a to attend a similar thing in a job interview. I wrote a big "fuck off" in the sheet, put it on the desk and walked out.

I h-hope that hr blacklists are just a myth though....
>>
last time I did one of those I sat at a table by myself and people were like uh what are you doing
I didn't feel comfortable sitting with the other people in my department because I really didn'T fit in with them at all
I forced myself to have some dialogue but really I just wanted to jump out of my skin and left after I finished eating while everyone else stayed to ``hang out''
>>
File: cesare.png (538 KB, 573x573) Image search: [Google]
cesare.png
538 KB, 573x573
>>29491313
Oh boy, do I have experience with government mandates in business.

>be me
>18 year old software developer
>drop out of college to work at startup
>was the only employee
>did absolutely everything to try getting the business off the ground
>>worked multiple days without stopping to even sleep
>>worked for far below minimum wage
>>>probably around 75 cents/hour at the lowest point
>>worked outside of my field all the time
>>>server manager
>>>sysop
>>>electrical engineer
>>>web design
>did the work without complaining
>delivered quality products
>as a result, great friends with boss
>three years pass
>hardships are over now
>have huge chunk of stock due to my initial work
>making six figure salary as software manager
>delegate almost all of my work to interns and lower employees
>boss comes up to me one day with plans to restructure the company as a c-corp
>one problem
>government mandated diversity initiatives
>herewego.tiff
>the company is composed entirely white males
>oh boy wonder why that is
>mandate dictates our workforce needs to be composed of at least one minority or woman for every four workers
>fourteen people in company
>boss hires three women to work as """hr"""
>two normal looking mulatto women
>one extremely overweight tumblr looking white woman
>see this beast walk into the office with a septum piercing and one of those half shaved heads
>just fucking kill me now
>these cunts do literally nothing
>steal what would be potential promotions to our other hardworking members just to have their cushy government mandated salaries
>have the fucking gall to fire one of my colleagues and close friend over some fucking "racist" post he made on social media
>tried to get my boss to intervene
>tells me sadly that we can't afford to have that as a liability on our hands after restructuring
>lose our hardest working, most experienced programmer
>>
>>29494093
>but don't worry
>hr hired someone else in his stead
>another tumblr looking chick
>yet another septum piercing
>actually has the fucking died-blue hair and those enraging fucking glasses
>at least she's not fucking fat
>is a fresh-out-of-college graduate with zero prior work experience
>majored in computer science
>minored in gender studies
>can't program her way out of a paper bag in any langage
>here's the kicker though
>she's not hired as an intern
>she's hired right off the bat as a
>>FULL
>>>FUCKING
>>>>EMPLOYEE
>there are people that have been working here as interns for over eight months that have far more credentials
>get a lot of shit from said interns about this decision
>understand and sympathize with their rage
>talk to the boss about this
>says we needed the bitch as damage control in case the government rounds the one-in-four figure up
> he was looking to promote some of the faithful interns within the month but had to put it off due to this
>i'm as enraged as my fellow workers over this
>tfw can't do anything about it
>>
>>29494117
>try to break the news lightly to my intern bros
>does not go over well
>two of our hardest working interns quit in a fit of rage
>replaced by two pathetic excuses for programmers by hr
>again, both are fresh college graduates with no prior work experience
>again, both are women
>one is a half-cast asian of some sort
>one is just some plain looking white chick
>though they are not as repulsive to the eyes as our other hires, they still can't program their ways out of a paper bag in any language
>end up having to take on more work myself again so that we don't disappoint our clients
>went in to work today and the boss calls me into his office
>he looks grieved and apologizes to me before even saying anything
>tells me the new hires are demanding benefits
>he can't decline because it's a government mandate to provide certain benefits as a c-corp with a certain gross profit margin
>mfw i have to take a huge pay cut so these bitches can get their forced handouts

I'm really at the end of my rope. Anyone have any advice?
>>
>>29491379
If you don't have a contingency plan, you're a fucking imbecile who deserves to be homeless.

>mfw normies are too proud to live with their parents
>can't even quit their soul-crushing wageslavery jobs because they'd lose everything
>me, an unrepenting momma and poppa's boy can easily switch jobs by having mommy and daddy give provide for me in between jobs
lmaoint at your lives, losers
>>
>>29494143
I feel bad for you.
I'm sure you're probably angry at your situation. but remember that it isn't your boss's fault. He is a nice guy. Don't let your anger potentially cloud that fact.
It's the fault of the law that you're stuck in that scenario. My only real advice to give would be, if you don't mind going out of your field again, to study up on some corporate law. Try to find any loophole or clause you can exploit.
Take my advice with a grain of salt though, You're actually successful while I'm a neet that still lives with my parents.
>>
>>29494143
fuck man. kill them all. seriously though as a dev myself I would be so fucking outraged.
>>
File: bartolo.png (532 KB, 519x626) Image search: [Google]
bartolo.png
532 KB, 519x626
>>29494318
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed at the situation. I'd never get mad at my boss for it, though. I know he's only acting according to the law; he had to take a pretty sizeable hit to his pay as well so that it wouldn't get passed onto our lower employees and drive them out too.

I would love to spend time looking into the laws regarding this stuff, but with the extra workload I've had to take on due to these incompetent new hires, I really don't have time to do so. Hopefully my boss will come up with something, we may be doomed if not.
>>
>>29494681
Only other thing I can think of would be to try to sift through other possible female employees, and try to find some that know what they're doing/aren't complete cunts, to replace your current under qualified staff with. Or at least, a girl who seems to actually like the field of work you're in. The girls your boss brought on sound kinda like they were just pulled off of the street. I get that it's hard, considering the gender disparity in computer based fields, but if you find someone who at least likes their work, even if they start off as no better than your current mandatory female staff, they can at least learn and grow under you.
I really feel for you. I wish workplace communism wasn't enforced, but I'm not a law maker.
>>
>>29494681
Out of curiosity, how big was your pay cut?
>>
>>29494143
Sell your stake and quit.

This time, start your own company that doesn't restructure into a C-corp.
>>
>>29492696
what an amazing true story
>>29494093
>Government mandated diversity
:^)
>>
File: nabucco.png (527 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
nabucco.png
527 KB, 704x528
>>29495129
My boss didn't hire the new programmers, the HR ladies did. Due to how difficult is to fire people that are salaried in this day and age, we're in a pretty tight position and can't risk a potential sexism lawsuit levied against us by one of the fired parties. As far as finding a competent female hire, I'm a khhv that acts like a complete autist around women because I spent my whole life working and really never socialized with the opposite sex. I don't think I could find good talent even if I tried, and even if I did, I'm sure they'd take my social anxiety as harassment of some kind. Don't want that on my hands.

>>29495164
From 110k to 75k.

>>29495187
I was seriously considering getting together with the fired programmers and starting a company that does contracted programming work for smaller firms, but I'm not very good with people or doing business at all, as I have no real experience with running a business. The second I foresee the company going on a full downward spiral, I'm cashing out and seeing what I can do next, but we're not quite there yet. The boss always came up with a plan to save us in times of desperation in the past, I've got a fair bit of faith in him to settle this.
>>
>>29495423
>HR can just hire and fire people whenever they want and go over the head of the CEO
ok
>>
>>29494093
>worked multiple days without stopping to even sleep
>worked for far below minimum wage
>probably around 75 cents/hour at the lowest point
>worked outside of my field all the time
Cry about why don't you? Nobody else wants to live like that, you're a sucker.
>>
>>29495423
You've already taken a 35k paycut and had to increase your workload just to keep the company running due to these changes. Furthermore, you've lost very good talent and hired only people who will actually hurt your productivity because they can't do anything on their own, so they need co-workers to train them or fix their mistakes. Every time someone gets fed up with what's happening, he's going to be replaced by another one of them. If that doesn't look like the first sign of a downward spiral, you won't be able to get out when you finally believe the spiral exists.
>>
>>29495423
>I'm going to wait until my shares are worthless before selling them.

Great plan, bro. I see nothing wrong with it.
>>
File: tumblr_nwbgdvzM1O1tnaufeo1_1280.jpg (166 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwbgdvzM1O1tnaufeo1_1280.jpg
166 KB, 1280x1280
>>29491313
I think you'll have to punish me. Do you think your beautiful chocolate hands can handle a whip? Oh I deserve it Violetta. I'm a bad boy, you'll have to spank me for being a racist truant
>>
>>29494143
You have years of experience as a competent programmer

You could make 6 figures easy at another job
>>
>>29495423
Can't your boss mandate that the HR department only allow people who fit certain requirements? i:e x amount of work experience?
>>
File: 3qoL4D.png (668 KB, 718x612) Image search: [Google]
3qoL4D.png
668 KB, 718x612
>>29495710
It's a bit more nuanced than that. Fortunately we've only had one firing, and as I stated, though my boss could have intervened and prevented it from happening, he was afraid of legal repercussions if he refused due to the conditions of the firing directly after the restructuring. As for the hiring, the boss was very busy with the restructuring so he gave HR pretty much full reigns on filling the positions, which was a huge error on his part.

>>29495776
the first world sure is great
everyone is a lazy faggot that wants handouts

>>29495796
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it seems like I should get the hell out of here. I'm just nervous about leaving because I'm afraid of uncertainty, but I'm even more afraid of losing everything I've spent so hard building over the last three years. It's really tearing me apart.
>>
>>29496173
he could just let someone else hire people kek
it doesnt really matter though because this entire story is fake
>>
>>29496173
>handouts
Sure, reasonable working schedules, not being a masochist, not being a martyr, such entitlement.
>>
File: inbedpepe.jpg (37 KB, 480x576) Image search: [Google]
inbedpepe.jpg
37 KB, 480x576
>>29491422
>>29491313
Some places wont hire you if you don't have any social media.
They think it's suspisious.
>>
>>29496173
Your problem is a personell problem. Forget about how stereotypical these women are, that anger isn't going to help you. Work with the ones you have by coaching and training and get your boss involved in the hiring process so it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>29496545
This cannot be real wtf lol
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.