[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderline hikikomori
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: hikikomori-2.jpg (229 KB, 959x639) Image search: [Google]
hikikomori-2.jpg
229 KB, 959x639
How many of you are actually living as borderline hikikomori?

>stuck living in my parents house in the rural area of a shitty country due to various reasons
>even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to get a job or any higher education reliably well
>haven't left the house in months
>didn't leave the house in half a year earlier
>when I have to leave, it's typically for a haircut for when my hair grows too long
>have done absolutely nothing since I finished studying except for a few "positive" routine changes that didn't work
>obviously zero IRL friends
>deteriorating looks that I can't fix and speech impedement mean that I'm growing more insecure than ever
>extremely anxious about just the thought of having to go outside
>have to maintain a somewhat decent hygiene routine because otherwise I'm uncomfortable as fuck
>actually becoming more depressed than ever due to feelings of regret and hopelessness
>am only surviving due to my dad's pension, if he dies my mom would inherit a part of it and we would live in even shittier conditions

Pic not really related, as I don't tend to stockpile much trash but my room isn't exactly clean either.

I know that if I don't turn into a normie, I'm fucked later on. But I don't want to become a normie because everyone would laugh at me (which already happened in the past). I was also never able to maintain any long-term friendships.

I only qualify for a few specific types of higher education (probably the equivalent of community colleges/associate degrees) in my area, which have a shitton of demand and I wouldn't be able to be accepted to them. Even if I got a job, it would be a shitty minimum wage one that I probably couldn't keep.

Basically I'm fucked forever. I wish I was born in a proper first world country, where I could have easily gone into any college even if it means I have to take a student loan. I'm just waiting for my depression to fade away once I manage to change this mindset, or hang myself as soon as my dad dies.
>>
haven't left house since December, only leave room at night to go toilet or get something to eat
>>
>>29490396
How are you feeling? I've been constantly anxious and depressed for about 2 months now due to serious past regrets and implausible career possibilities. I know that I can't do absolutely nothing about both of these things yet I keep obsessing about them.

I was so bluepilled and carefree before then, the hikikomori lifestyle was actually enjoyable. At least when compared to any real world alternatives.
>>
>>29490573
no anxiety because I shut myself away, I get depressed sometimes but eventually get over it with games or anime or reading. I just sort of stopped caring and gave up
>>
>>29490694
I wish I could watch anime like in the past, I keep torrenting all the seasonal anime that interest me and expand my backlog once in my while but my watching pace is so ridiculously shit. I used to watch 10-15 episodes in a day, now at most I can watch about 5-7, some days I watch nothing at all.

Most anime just remind me that I have accomplished nothing and will never have anything in my life, kids younger than me already being far more successful than I'll ever be. This happens even for wish fulfillment anime. I could self-insert but I haven't really tried that yet.
>>
>>29490356
I am, what am I supposed to do?
>>
>>29490356
>borderline hikikomori
i guess, i only leave the house to get my medical cert for my disabilitybux
theres no point in going outside
>>
File: 1456175635062.png (119 KB, 463x352) Image search: [Google]
1456175635062.png
119 KB, 463x352
>>29490901
pretty much the same. originality is overrated everything is based on something else
>>
>moved to supervised student housing two years ago because I couldn't stand my parents anymore
>didn't leave the apartment unless I really needed to
>feel worried that people might judge me for being a fatass.
>all my friends are either dorm mates or classmates
>only reason I have an income is thanks to autism bux
>want to watch my anime backlog but always end up fucking around online
>turned to nofap in an attempt to cure my anxiety
at least it's not as bad as my NEET years.
>>
>>29491072
>student housing
if youre a student how are you a hikki?
or are you one of those
>when i get home from work i live the NEET lifestyle!!111!
>>
>>29491634
I don't really have a life beyond school.
>>
>>29491659
i was a student last year and only left the house to go to class
doesnt mean i was a hikki
>>
File: Energy Kyouka.jpg (15 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Energy Kyouka.jpg
15 KB, 320x180
because its 11 in the morning on a friday i can do this bump
>>
>>29490356
>does not know the english word therefore uses some spidertounge from an eastern microcuckholeisland

10/10 kys
>>
File: 2345676.png (109 KB, 291x332) Image search: [Google]
2345676.png
109 KB, 291x332
>>29492732
>using acronyms
>>
>>29490356
I've been living that way for now 6 years
I only leave my house if i'm forced to (i.e, if I have to go to the doctor for instance)

I'm going to uni next year, after being stuck at home for 6 years, I don't know what will happen, I probably will remain friendless, i'm not even willing to make friends or to talk to people, and honestly, I was kind of doomed to that fate since i'm born, I always knew this would happen

I don't know what to do in my life desu, I always been aware that I'd never ever find love, I have no one to talk to and i'm not even sure I want to talk to anyone, life basically feels like waiting death.
>>
>>29493015
if you dont know what to do in life why are you going to uni
>>
>>29493124
Because my parents want me to do something, and I don't want to work.
Uni might be interesting
>>
>>29493216
what are ya gonna be studying
>>
I'm pretty much in the same situation OP, only that I go out to buy groceries sometimes.
Getting a job is impossible and I can't qualify for any college either.
I'm just getting fatter and fatter and my youth is fading away.

Propably too late to turn it all around.
>>
>>29492732
>>29492926
NEET and hikikomori are two different things, you know
>>
>>29493286
Geography and spatial planning
>>
>>29493216
Going to uni because you have nothing better to do is not a smart idea. If you're not 100% committed to it you will likely drop out. And even if you don't care about the debt, having dropped out can limit your ability to go back in the future.
>>
>>29493513
what job would that lead to tho?
>>
>>29492732
In the land of many denbts, most young people are NEETs, but they are also normies, for they go out and have social lives and get laid.
A hikki is a shut in. You can't be a hikki and a normie. But you can be a NEET and a normie.
>>
>>29493540
That would lead to many different jobs if I believe what people say on the internet, cartographer, urban planning, regional planning, etc...

>>29493526
That's fine, I'm european and uni is free here. I wont be able to live in my mom's basement for ever so I have to do something, and I definitely don't want to have a job for now
>>
>borderline

hah. I've been a hiki for over 10 years. But I wont say anymore about it because no one EVER believes me.
>>
>>29493889
that's because weebs who want to be just like their favourite anime character have ruined anyone taking the illness seriously. if you're seriously a hikikomori and not just a neet that sucks
>>
>>29493889
>no one EVER believes me
i have one question
do you poo in the loo
>>
>>29490356
exercise and smoke a lot of weed
>>
>>29493952
Yeah, exactly. I'm not sure when it happened but being a NEET/Shut-in became cool. And that's when I pretty much stopped ever mentioning it. People talk as though being a NEET and shut-in is living the life. But it is a miserable existence unless you just do it for like a week.

>>29493977
I shit in the toilet. yes.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.