[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on ADD drugs for more than a month? ExperienceS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13
File: 1443251916210.jpg (59 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
1443251916210.jpg
59 KB, 792x612
Anyone on ADD drugs for more than a month?
ExperienceS?
>>
>>29489625
Yeah. You get addicted to the effortless happiness. Then you realize you're a worthless idiot without the amphetamines. Have a good one :^)
>>
>>29489803
So are they good longterm or not?
>>
>>29489863
No, dumbass
>>
>>29489625

I've been on ADHD medication for 4 years now. I got professionally diagnosed by my doctor and have been taken Ritalin twice daily. I am much less impulsive and jittery nowadays. People say ADHD drugs are a stimulant but it has a therapeutic calming effect for me
>>
Wait I need this thread
I am the lazies fucker to be born on this planet since the dinos and I kinda go to a physics uni that requires lots and I mean lots of hard work
Does adderall help and in what way?
>>
>>29489625
Great at first. Huge tolerance builds almost instantaneously. Have to nearly O.D to get the same effect as the first few times. Come down period is fucking awful.

It helps you get shit done. And if you're a social retard, it will make you really good at interacting with people.
>>
Crashing off 60 mgs right now. If you generally enjoy mind altering drugs than getting a script isn't a good idea. You won't sleep till every pill is gone. Also amphetamine pshycosis is pretty fucked up
>>
>>29489625
You'll enjoy it and feel superpowered for a couple weeks, until you reach your old baseline. There's always cowards looking at amphetamines to save them from their own weakness. They won't.
>>
>>29489625
They wear off and you eventually feel the same taking them as when you used to not take them. At that point, not taking them makes concentration impossible.
>>
I have been prescribed Adderall for about 3 years now. I use it mainly for Uni and my side projects when I want to get stuff done. The "effortless happiness," as someone said earlier, is very attractive and nice. You generally get the confidence and euphoria that everything is going to be okay.

However, It is very easy to see the downside of ADD pills and that is why I (on average) take about one a week. Months will go by before I take any to do anything. I'm able to maintain this level of self control generally just due to how much the down sucks, and I get incredibly self aware when not in huge groups of people.
>>
I will most likely get some amphetamine like derivatives. Got psychologically tested, including IQ test.

Basic statement was above average intelligence, paired with attention deficit....

With this attestation I can certainly get something, together with anti depressants.

>>29489939
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erd%C5%91s
>>
>>29491038
>le erdos was a genius meth addict therefore it's not so bad for me to do it meme
Don't even think about comparing yourself to him, a man who was literally a god.
>>
>>29491095
All I need to know is that they actually to help by activating you in one way or the other to reach your personal potential.
>>
>>29491187
Yes, that is true. Carry on then.
>>
After a couple months of use, I noticed most of my anxiety was gone and I was becoming quite aggressive when provoked, and sometimes when not provoked.

Pretty good stuff. Apparently the reaction I had means you don't need it, but is fairly common, long term use can lead to heightened aggression, I'd def recommend if you're beta as fuck like me and need drugs to help you break the cycle.
>>
>>29489878
>People say ADHD drugs are a stimulant but it has a therapeutic calming effect for me
when you dont have adhd its a stimulant when you do its calming
been on adderall for a year
>>
You become unimaginably motivated and fascinated in things that would have left you bored to tears sober.

Personally, my social anxiety completely evaporated; I went from being a burnt out nervous wreck to an autistic complete loner immediately, and I hardly noticed because I was so fascinated by math and the intricate doodles I was making.

The comedown is vicious as hell. You're like 10x more likely to sodoku than when you're sober.
>>
Daily reminder that ADD is, in 99% of cases, a behavioral learning disorder, not a chemical failure in the brain.

ADD/ADHD are literally meme "diseases" invented to sell drugs.
>>
File: 1465076982876.jpg (35 KB, 700x514) Image search: [Google]
1465076982876.jpg
35 KB, 700x514
>>29489625
been on it for as long as i can remember for adhd fammalam all that hippie bullshit is a meme m8 the pills help
>>
>>29489625

> turn my life around
> lose 100 pounds
> over a year get way smarter
> start getting amazing grades
> absolutely no side effects except some rise in heart rate which isn't even that bad
> I'm probably a junkie but IDGAF
>>
>>29492811

To bh, I'm not even mad

They sell me pills, and in turn i'm a more productive person and can make more money to buy more pills

It's a beautiful thing
>>
File: 1443978741717.jpg (6 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1443978741717.jpg
6 KB, 238x250
>>29492899
This fucking sucks. I ruined my life by not getting drugs earlier. I hate doctors and the idea of having to renew a prescription every month made me put it off indefinitely.
>>
File: 1466390280490.gif (1 MB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1466390280490.gif
1 MB, 500x600
>>29489625
I have been on stimulants since I was 5. Don't listen to most of these people, they got addicted and are very bitter. Amphetamine prescriptions like Adderall, Vyvanse, and Ritalin are totally fine under the supervision of a medical professional and are doable long-term.

The first thing I had to come to grips with was that without amphetamines, I was useless as a student. I've used it to help me make it through the education system. I graduate college next year, with a lower GPA than I had hoped, but I have no doubt I would not have made it through without amphetamine. I can't make myself do schoolwork without it - I perceive it as inane and frivolous. But, in today's world, you either do it or starve.

I don't do things I don't like. Adderall helps make it doable when it's something unavoidable.

I take breaks during the summer, and plan to give it up when i am out of academia. the first few weeks of going cold turkey were pretty shit, but not unbearable. I feel fine as long as i get enough sleep and eat reasonably well. It is much easier to keep from gaining weight on adderall.

Don't let people tell you it's not a viable long-term strategy. Like all things, it's not a permanent fix, but it can help get deal with various elements of the sewer we call "culture."
>>
>>29489803
No, YOU got addicted to the effortless happiness. Stop projecting, solipsistic scum.
>>
>>29493190
>implying my experience isn't the general case
I dare anyone who regularly uses amphetamines to go cold turkey.
>>
I have 40mg speed a friend with a script gave me that I've been saving

what do I use it for
>>
>>29493230
I have done that probably twenty times. Guess what? I'm fine. If you don't abuse it like a retard pill junkie, and take therapeutic doses, you'll be fine. I just went cold turkey for summer break last month. I have a bottle of sixty 20mg Adderall in my desk drawer and have no compulsion to use it. Most of my friends taking Adderall/Ritalin/Vyvanse under the guidance of a healthcare professional are in the same position.
>>
File: 1432822314366.png (388 KB, 492x1460) Image search: [Google]
1432822314366.png
388 KB, 492x1460
>>29489912
tolerance doesnt build unless youre doing stupid high dosages; therapeutic dosages dont build a tolerance but take about a week to get used to. theres also no crash if youre taking the right dose
>>
File: 1428001491701.jpg (87 KB, 583x1508) Image search: [Google]
1428001491701.jpg
87 KB, 583x1508
>>29489937
>60 mg
shit nigger what are you doing
i took 30mg once and i jerked off for 12 hours straight
>>
>>29493167
>I can't make myself do schoolwork without it - I perceive it as inane and frivolous.

So does everybody else, snowflake
>>
The different "brands" of Adderall are basically all completely different drugs.

Ask about this on AddForums.com and Medschat.com

The FDA doesn't test generic drugs. They rely on the manufacturers to do the testing, and there is a long list of times when drug manufacturers have falsified drug equivalency tests

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ranbaxy-whistleblower-reveals-how-he-exposed-massive-pharmaceutical-fraud/

Prescription drugs are barely regulated. Avoid them if at all possible.
>>
>>29493320
>has had the leisure of being able to take it each time after quitting
You also have the comfort of knowing you could take it any time you'd like. Try going off it for good. Some of us actually have to stop being dependent because the supply has dried up.
>>
>>29492672

>when you dont have adhd its a stimulant when you do its calming

This is a myth with zero evidence going for it.

Stimulants can have a calming effect even in the general population.

http://adhd.emedtv.com/adhd/adhd-myth-the-paradoxical-stimulant-effect.html
>>
>>29493404
Yeah, I'm working a hard as hell manual labor job. Like I don't know it would be easier to just take it and be Superman. Like I don't run out of money at the end of the month sometimes and have to forego buying my medication. It's not the end of the world. It's not even really that bad if you have been using it responsibly. If you have to take it when you have it, that shows me you are just addict trash. Sorry buddy.

Anyway, that is the plan after school, to quit altogether. I prefer the way I am without taking prescription amphetamines, I just have to be on them to succeed in this fucked up education system. Which is what they were designed for and what my doctor prescribed them for. Imagine that!
>>
>>29490530
>>29489939
>>29489937
>>29489912
>>29489803
>>29492745
>>29493320
>>29493230
>>29493404
there is a reason this shit is a controlled substance that requires a hand written prescription for every refill. none of this withdrawl and addiction shit should happen.
>>29493390
yeah, the vendor on the street corner is far more reliable
>>29493443
oh yeah, that's right. my doctor said something along the lines of that. the same applies to alcohol.
>>
>>29493530
>fucked up education system
>needs drugs to learn
lol
I only took it to be happy.
>>
>>29493554
it's not required for me to learn. I test very well. It's required for me to do all the mind-numbing, no child left behind busy work that is now inextricably linked with the education system to help struggling retards feel like they can be something, you bitch.
>>
>>29493313
Masterbate familia
>>
>>29493346
You literally took a drug that makes you get off your ass and you sat on you ass and masterbated.
>r9k in aa NUTshell
>>
File: 1444165711388.jpg (245 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1444165711388.jpg
245 KB, 1024x768
>>29493849
>implying i was on my ass for any of those 12 hours
>>
I started passing all my classes, and stopped dicking around. 30mg Vyvanse, no setbacks yet.
>>
File: 1413765145206.jpg (38 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1413765145206.jpg
38 KB, 500x333
>>29493849
>>29493954
There aren't enough Carltons to express my laughter
>>
>>29493346
I have some tolerance. Also I pretty much did the same. I think my dick is broken. It fucking hurts
>>
How does Ritalin compare to Adderall? I was just prescribed Concerta by my psych because all the other dozens of medications he has tried havent done shit. So this is basically his last resort he said. "I'm going to give you this, so you can have a boost to get started with your life"

Concerta is basically extended release Methylphenidate. So far it has been pretty underwhelming. It makes me feel a little clear minded for about an hour after taking it, but after that I just feel very anxious and I cant sleep either.

I'm thinking about breaking down the pills so I can get all of it at once instead of in an extended release form.
>>
>>29489803
this is what happened to me.

adderall was the closest to normie i'd ever been.
>>
>>29492072
>I was becoming quite aggressive when provoked, and sometimes when not provoked.
Same thing happened to me. I got pretty short tempered on it and I'm mild mannered. I was on it for years, just recently quit.
>>
>>29494411
Know that feel. I remember after the 3rd week sitting down and listening to my Sister talk to me. And every noise she made literally infuriated me. Like I just wanted to tell her to shut the fuck up but I sat there grinding my teeth and nodding.
>>
>>29494316
Yeah the prodrugs and fancy shit like Concerta all suck. As far as Ritalin vs. Adderall, it seems to vary from person to person, but for me Ritalin didn't give me much energy or a boost, versus Adderall gave me mild euphoria and tons of energy (and concentration/motivation).

Adderall IR is the shit.

In the long run it is all poison though.
>>
File: 1422915294940.gif (182 KB, 400x374) Image search: [Google]
1422915294940.gif
182 KB, 400x374
>>29494492
I lost friends because of it. I literally have no friends now, and a few I lost because while abusing prescription drugs I was such an asshole.

I'm so ashamed of my behavior when I was on that shit. I know lots of people can handle it and are fine, but, for me, I just took way too much for too long (years).
>>
>>29493672
If you are so goddam smart start a business or invent something.
>>
Adderall, love the effect actually makes me relaxed and happy. Refuse to take it because it makes my dick hurt. Life is suffering.
>>
>>29494502
Figured. It really is a shitty drug. All of these negative side effects for just a little while of thinking clearly. I think I'll try tonight breaking down a few of them.
>>
>>29494316

My doctor initially prescribed me Dextroamphetamine (Adderall) but I had trouble eating and was generally disoriented and overwhelmed. I felt like a junkie like one of the people in Breaking Bad.

Quickly switched to Ritalin for 4 years now. the euphoria is not as intense as Adderall so I feel more stable throughout the day. It also makes me feel "normal" opposed to Adderall which made me see myself as a tweaker
>>
I take adderall but I don't give a fuck that I'm a worthless idiot without it

because even if I don't do shit when I'm not on it, when I am on it, I do do something and I come out with a skill and I'm better off than if I didn't do it

So fuck you guys
>>
>>29494565
>So fuck you guys

It's okay. We understand why you said that. Good luck anon.
>>
File: pepe-phone.jpg (463 KB, 1209x756) Image search: [Google]
pepe-phone.jpg
463 KB, 1209x756
>email without adderall: two sentences
>email with adderall: two paragraphs
>>
>>29494555
Adderall is dirty dextroamphetamine that has some jittery shit cut into it to reduce abuse potential and for patent reason. Dexedrine is pure dextroamphetamine and the better drug in every way.
>>
>>29494588
kek thought the same thing. i would have said that four years ago
>>
>>29489803
pretty much this, and I am on the lowest dose available (5mg extended release)
Off of it, I feel like a lazy piece of shit who never wants to do a single thing
I have no idea how I am going to continue a life like this
>>
>>29494594
>have a conversation without adderall
>"yeah.." "yep" "hmmm"
>have a conversation with adderall
>Literally blow the other person's mind

The saddest part is that there are people who can do that naturally.
>>
>>29494596
yeah levoamphetamine or whatever
>>
>>29494620
It's called hypomania.
>>
>>29494565
I think they did a study showing people on adderall are no smarter and perform no better, but report that they performed much better
>>
>>29494620
the price we pay to try to be normies.

eventually couldn't do it anymore, now i'm back to full robot that can barely talk and has no energy.

>>29494641
hypomania? I must have had that every day. I had tons of energy and could talk to people really easily and about just about anything.
>>
>>29494594
We should turn this into a stimulant greentext thread.

>Go to a party once when I was in Jr. High
>Make an absolute retard of myself after I had just 3 beers
>Go to a party again when I'm 19 and took a bunch of Adderall beforehand
>Everyone is drunk as fuck after emptying tons of kegs
>I drank just as much as everyone else and I'm completely cool but feeling good
>All of the drunk retards proclaim me as God
>>
>>29494643
yeah, it lets you use your intelligence

I have a high IQ but shitty executive functioning so I'm borderline retarded when I'm not on the meds
>>
File: 1423874836644.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1423874836644.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
>>29494594
>shower to get really clean
>get dressed
>sweating so bad from the adderall have to shower again
>>
>>29494656
I wasn't being entirely serious, it's possible to just be a high energy, talkative person. I just mean that while I'm a generally depressed, asocial person, but when I've been hypomanic (in relation to being bipolar type 2), I can sometimes be that kind of speed fueled success, but only very briefly.
>>
>>29494536
It's alright man, you can always move forward and rebuild what was lost.
>>
Whole childhood. 3 times a day.
My thyroid burned out. Fuck add meds. Been natty for years now.
>>
File: 1423065132104.png (654 KB, 704x995) Image search: [Google]
1423065132104.png
654 KB, 704x995
>>29494732
I just feel so empty.
>>
It's so unfair that I have to take such a terrible drug to enjoy anything.

I was only on it for 2 weeks. And during those 2 weeks I rediscovered music, I bonded with my family like never before, I met people and made friends, I finished all of the old ps2 games that I just couldn't find the motivation for before. And now I am dead on the inside again.
>>
>>29493346
I cant even get an erection when im on it
>>
>>29494761
this hit me so hard in the feels a tear came down my cheek.
>>
The euphoria goes away after a few weeks on the script. Still nice and alert, but that sense of capability and knife-edgedness was moving.
>>
>>29494761
adderall changed my life too. You didn't get a prescription?
>>
DESU I don't like adderall and speedy shit. Makes me feel all jittery and extremely horny. I don't feel at ease at all, and I never get anything done cause I jerk off for hrs.
>>
>>29494858
it changed mine under the negatives caught up with me after a few years, and now i'm left gutted inside.
>>
>>29494752
Just bc lack of friends?
>>
>>29494903
Shame, guilt, depression. I think taking it for so long zapped my ability to make any dopamine or whatever other chemicals make someone feel happy.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 597x519
>severe ADD
>all medicine to treat it makes me hallucinate and gives me suicidal thoughts
>>
>>29494964
never heard of someone having that reaction before
>>
No-one has mentioned non-stimulant meds

I've been on Strattera and Wellbutrin (in a big cocktail) for a while

They work great, especially the Strattera

It just takes away the ADHD with no side effects

The only bad thing is that it smells really bad and it's not generic though I'm pretty sure there's a good rebate program
>>
>>29494927
Same exact situation and feels

It sucks ass man
>>
I took for long time, they helped.
Only issues were loss of appetite and grinding teeth.
I never any issues with needing higher doses or stopping taking them for awhile.
>>
>>29494982
It happens, my dude. And apparently it's fairly common

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20090126/adhd-drugs-hallucinations-not-uncommon

I would imagine bugs crawling all over my skin after a few weeks of taking it, and I started writing down suicidal thoughts in my journal for 3rd grade. Thankfully, my parents were smart enough to get me off that shit ASAP
>>
>>29494927
you using/abusing anything right now? I quit adderall while i was drinking all the time and I was shaking shuddering anxious mess until I finally quit the booze.
>>
>>29494982
>never heard of amphetamine causing pshycosis or depression
You never really researched it huh?
>>
aderrall did literally everything for me except make me capable of talking to people i have never met before. It is still a horrifying experience that i want to remove myself from immediately.

I will be alone forever.
>>
>>29489803
>happiness
Kill yourself. Its just an intense buzz, heart beats fast pups dilated insane power in the weight room. Teeth get ground
>>
I really feel like it would be nice to have a skype group for those of us who are back to being dead. It makes me feel kinda better to know that im not alone.

well. if anyone wants to talk, my skype is nowhere.nothing
>>
I wish so badly that I could take some kind of amphetamines.

I've never been on any kind of prescription medication or tried anything other than weed.

My mental state has deteriorated so heavily over the past few years that I can't even bring myself to write papers or get out of bed anymore, I am failing all of my classes and it is destroying me and I'm not sure if medication would make it all go away but there has to be something that would help.
>>
>>29495626
stop smoking weed and start drinking coffee
>>
>>29495850
I smoke weed maybe 1-2 times a month when some stoner friends pressure me into it when we hang out. Nowadays it gives me incredible anxiety and I can't function while on it (never used to).

Caffeine makes me uncomfortable and shaky and talk faster but doesn't really do anything for my concentration.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for drugs, but I'm getting desperate.
>>
>>29495929
Do you exercise on a daily basis? I find that "runner's high" is not a meme. Running everyday with my doggo helps me jumpstart my day alot. Although I have been diagnosed with ADHD and take Ritalin twice a day, nothing really replaces a good strenuous exercise.
Also, eat better and take multivitamins. you may have trace element deficiencies. (Zinc, etc)
>>
I was on Meth for a few years
>>
>>29494927
The shame guilt and depression part is a good way to describe addiction. But after you stop using your body does go back to normal.

>Ex heroin addict
>>
>>29496718
shame guilt and depression describes all life
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.