[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lies you were told as a child
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
all my life my parents had me believe lighters were the most expensive things in the world
I just bought one for the today and it was fucking $2
>>
thanks for the laugh OP. yeah, they're not too bad. a 5-pack of BIC's from the super market runs ~$6-7 too
>>
>>29489654
oh yeah, forgot the lie. it's pretty basic & i'm sure many anons on here have gotten something similar
>it gets better after highschool!
>college is great because you meet people and work at your own pace!

all i know, is i've never felt more suicidal and bad and ready to quit than I have in the last 3 years with college stress shit
>>
> swearings not big and its not clever
Fuck off ya daft bitch
>>
File: 1464015377305.jpg (87 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
1464015377305.jpg
87 KB, 1080x1349
>>29489592

I was told that the adults know what they are doing. Never been so wrong about anything in my life.
>>
>>29489592
What's this image from?
Seen it before, couldn't track it down.
>>
File: 1466710962329.png (228 KB, 358x408) Image search: [Google]
1466710962329.png
228 KB, 358x408
I was raised by my grandparents and they didn't sugarcoat or lie about anything. When I was 4 they gave up pretending santa was real because they thought it was too much of a hassle and just came out and said they bought me the stuff. I also vividly remember asking my grandma were babies come from when I was 8, she bust out a health book and gave me a huge lecture on the subject. They also had no problem swearing in front of me, but the second I'd slip up and curse they'd beat the shit out of me.
>>
>>29490594
are you now fucked in the head
>>
>You can achieve anything if you put in the effort
>It's never too late to fix mistakes
Never again. Lessons learned in your childhood were meant to be forgotten as a child and replaced by adult lessons, I'm sure.
>>
>grow up hearing jobs are sparse my entire life

>am now 20 and realize everyone who complains about unemployment is just lazy or lacks skills (which stems from being lazy).
>>
>>29490612
not at all. in fact I probably had the tamest teenage years because of it. most people get rebelious because they stop getting lied to about the real world and discover how crazy shit really is. I've had that pounded into my head since I was old enough to talk to I realize from an early age that shit is fucked.

The only irritating thing I really have in my life now is being my grandparents "go-to" for anything IT related but thats really got nothing to do with my upbringing its just one of lifes hassles.
>>
>treat other's the way you'd want to be treated and they'll return the favor

>just be yourself and you'll make lots of friends

>girls love guys that are polite, courteous and treat them well.

>you are handsome/you are a catch/girls like you, they are just to shy to say it
>>
>>29489592
Welcome to the world you fucking autist.
>>
>lies you were told as a child

I love you, Anon

haven't heard that phrase since my dad died when I was nine years old
>>
>>29489592
https://youtu.be/tLggFs8i8Eg
>>
>>29490529
xavier renegade angel
you should watch it, it'll be the wildest 200 minutes of your life life life
>>
termiantor 2 was my first adult movie i watched as a kid

my dad said he was also a terminator

i believed him. FUCK YOU DAD
>>
File: 1426222699010.png (4 KB, 390x340) Image search: [Google]
1426222699010.png
4 KB, 390x340
'Violence is never the answer'
>>
>>29490820
Perfect, thanks.
I intend to watch it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.