[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R9K was right about trying to better yourself >A year ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: M0qkF.png (150 KB, 379x296) Image search: [Google]
M0qkF.png
150 KB, 379x296
R9K was right about trying to better yourself

>A year ago i decide I'm tired of being a robot, want to be normal
>Start going to the gym, dressing better, shave regularly, invest more time in studying, etc..
>Try to reach out and talk to more people whether its in class or just at parties
>Make a few friends/acquaintances

>21st birthday
>get two happy birthday texts from my mom and aunt
>1 happy birthday post on facebook from someone I've spoken to a 3 times
>tfw you've bought presents for your friends on birthdays and holidays
>tfw you've spent money and to take people out on their birthdays
>tfw all you want is for someone to care enough to wish you a happy birthday
>tfw you've tried to improve yourself for a year and still don't have any real friends
>tfw r9k was right
>>
File: 275924648.jpg (99 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
275924648.jpg
99 KB, 800x800
>>29484868
>falling for the self-improvement meme
the normalfags really did a number on you.
welcome back, and remember you're here forever.
>>
Welcome back robot.
And happy birthday
>>
>>29484999
Thanks, it actually means alot.
>>
>>29484944
I don't know why i thought it would work.
You're either born a normie, or die a beta. Nothing can change that.
>>
>>29484868
happy birthday anon

do you play wow by any chance ?
>>
>>29485084
Thanks.
I used to, but i haven't since cataclysm, Been thinking about getting back into it since I'll have more time to grind now. Is it any good now?
>>
Happy birthday anon.
Look on the bright side, at least you've improved in school
>>
>>29485106
i play on private servers like kronos

used to play on nostalrius too
>>
Normies tell you to improve yourself so you contribute to their society more effectively. It's a scam. To be a NEET who leeches off as much as possible is one of the ways. Or to leave society for good and live in solitude.
>>
Happy birthday, it's my birthday too.
>>
>>29484868
I can't remember the last time I had a birthday party. You people are fucking babies about this shit. I don't even buy something special for myself on my birthday anymore since I started working I have money and I can buy whatever I want/need when I want/need it, it's meaningless
>>
File: trbxGdK.gif (383 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
trbxGdK.gif
383 KB, 500x216
>>29484868
The only happy birthdays are ones from online stores wanting to sell me shit
>>
>>29485979
I get*
I'm an alcoholic*
THe spell checker doesn't help me type words that I thought I typed but instead I just stared at the fucken kebord
>>
There's no such thing as "bettering" yourself. Noone is "better" than anyone else. Working hard is one of the worst things you can do, wasting your life being a slave. The only things worth trying for are being healthy and try to understand the world, and as corny as it sounds to make the world a better place.
>>
>>29484868
happy birthday OP

is your story 100% true?

do you want to be my friend?
>>
Happy birthday fellow robot!
I will in a few days also have birthday, the same thing will happen to, like every year, nobody cares. But Stacy and Chad will gets thousands of gratulations and presents, feels so unfair.
>>
Some people don't even last until their 1st birthday so stop complaining mate
>>
Sorry to hear that friend, don't know what else i can do really. But i wish you a happy birthday regardless. Take care
>>
This is a troll thread. Robots are so fucking gullible.
>>
>>29484868
Is what you did really self-improvement? I think you just misinterpret the notion of self-improvement (and the rest of r9k does too).

Self-improvement is about pursuing personal goals and desires and asserting your own place in life. It's not about getting JACKED and looking good for Stacy.
>>
>>29485070
Not true m8 a qt3.14 can lift a any robot up at least a few rungs... provided of course one sees fit to give them a chance...
>>
>be 19
>decide to self improve
>22nd birthday
>all my friends remember, take me out to restaurant of my choice

worked for me m8

try improving your character, read shit like 7 habits, win friends and influence people. those changed my life
>>
>>29487082
This!
The Way of the Superior Man and No more mr. nice guy are also really good books for self-improvement. but yeah, how win friends and influence people is really a must.
>>
>>29484868
happy birthday OP, good luck
>>
>>29487171
Haven't heard of Superior Man. I was already pretty far along when I read Nice Guy but can see it being a big help for robots.
>>
>>29487283
The Way of the Superior Man is probable my all time favorite, the last half teaches you a lot about how to understand women, what they really mean and so on. The first half is really about how to be a man.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.