[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna travel Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Guys, I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna travel Europe on my own.

Is it worth it for a robot? Will I make friends at the hostels, or will they all be Chads and Staceys? Will this be a coming-of-age experience, or will it just remind me how lonely and pathetic I am?
>>
You're gonna get raped by Mahmud and his gang. Good luck.
>>
majority will be successful chads and staceys taking a gap year
good luck senpai
>>
Traveling alone gets kind of depressing for me, but I counteract that with enormous amounts of alcohol
>>
>>29483991
I've always wanted to travel but doing it alone seems like such a lonely experience, especially for someone like me who isn't the kind to start chatting up strangers.
Traveling with family doesn't entice me either, my father went to Spain last year and I turned it down like an idiot, slightly regret it now.
>>
>>29484021
I'm half expecting Mohammad to crash my plane before I even get there desu
>>
It's all up to what you do. If you socialize in the hostel bar you will make friends. If you shut yourself in the room you won't.
>>
>>29483991
Well, if you're rich, young and attractive, it'll be a blast. I envy you so much.
>>
I traveled alone but stayed in hotels instead of hostels because I don't want to hang out with Australian douches. Made my trip 5 times more expensive but I had a blast just wandering by myself.
>>
>>29483991
stay away from gypsies and youre ok
go to hostels
>>
Do it. Don't give a fuck what other people think of you. This will also put you above other people because most people wouldn't dare to do this and many haven't even been abroad. just think if you have the balls to do this you can do anything after that without stress.
>>
I did it for two weeks in January. Paris > Amsterdam > Berlin > Munich > Paris
>>
>>29483991
You're going to blow a ton of money to get treated like a shitty tourist in a foreign land that hates Americans. You'll be alone so you will be a ripe target for robbings and beatings. If you get lost or need help you have nobody to turn to, you're all alone in a place that probably isn't a ton different from any other American big city.

Travel is a shill to give jews tourism money. You just blew $5,000 to get treated like shit by smug yuropeens, overpay for food and never properly communicate with anyone. Its not like the movies, you aren't going to find some Amsterdam bro to tag along on your journey and bang some 10/10 hottie in every city you visit.

Everyone will ignore you and since you are a robot you probably already have shitty social skills so you'll be treated the same as you do here. But hey, its your money to waste.
>>
>travels to europe in hopes of finding place in life
>buys backpacking gear, gets /fit/, buys tickets and makes a plan
>gets to europe, checks into hotel
>spends next 2 months playing vidya and watching anime in hotel room
>flies back to Merica, still a NEET, accomplishing nothing

This will be your trip.
>>
>>29486044
>Its not like the movies, you aren't going to find some Amsterdam bro to tag along on your journey and bang some 10/10 hottie in every city you visit.
It literally is if you're young, rich, and attractive.
>>
>>29485986
wtf is the point in going to so many places in such a short time?
you spend like 1/4 of your time in transportation.

why not just go to one place and like realy get familiar with it?
whats the point of driving for 20 hours just to see some lame ass building or some shit
>>
>>29483991
i used to think the sam fella

the worst think you will realise by travelling alone is fact that you are literally fucking pathethic and that all...things look quite diffrent than those in movies - noone will want to hang out with you, noone will share a room with you, noone will buy you a beer, noone will fall in love with you

travelling alone is literally sratching old wounds, seeing all of those happy people there having best time of their lifes surrounded by friends and lovers will only make you want to kill yourself, the only ecounter that you will have with them is when they will ask you for taking photo of them to show people like you that they are actually enjoying life and you dont

trust me anon im not writting it to stop from seeing the world, but if you cant make friends in place where do you neither can make them somewhere else
>>
>>29483991
Whatever you do, do *not* get a private or even semi-private room. Get dorm rooms (and keep a close eye on your shit). Otherwise you'll never talk to anyone.
>>
>>29486190
I took trains at night between cities.
>>
>>29486193
i kind of disagree with this, i'm from the UK and by no means am I a chad but every summer i take my car to the mainland just drive to different cities and towns in western europe to get drunk and look at old architecture. people will actually speak to you because you are different, especially if you end up in a smallish town where the women are sick of fucking their brothers and cousins.
You do need a degree of normality though, if your a true sperg I would stay away from people but if your a failed normie then being out of your comfort zone for a while should be enough to give you confidence.
>>
>>29486234

>wanting to talk to people

FUCKING NORMALFAG GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29486193
Noone is not a word.

However you may be right. Solitary activities may be better to do in solitude. Travel to the nearest national park and go camping for a few days if you have the wanderlust (ffs don't be the dipshit that goes unarmed or without enough supplies). I would think going to a big city is something you should do with friends or family. Especially a gf, that would be a great time and you'd make a ton of memories. Get over your hatred for fat/normal looking girls already...
>>
>>29486256
>>29486408

grass is always greener on the otherside, seeing different architecture, attlitude people to live, trying new cousines those are really great things, but the feeling of happiness is fucking temporary...

i will never forget how badly i wanted to leave poland from which i come from, becouse i was fucking hungry for everything good in life that i have never expirienced and my country did have anything to offer, i was simply bored by living in such a shithole, so i thought 'why dont you try travelling anon?' 'what can go wrong witch hitchhiking, doing drugs, fucking stacies and all the orther things that people do in movies and books about travelling' so day after turning 18 i took my passport, backpack and all the money that i had and caught couch to the west and what ive seen there was nothing close to my imagination.

there were no stacies who would spread her legs, no chads who would befriended me, the only thing that was present was a big fucking solitude... which for poor young man who used to belive in world was a fucking nightmare. the only thing i could enjoy was possibilty to see some nice architecture, and cars which poles can only see in television and thats it. im pretty sure if i had someone who would have gone with me this could be best time of my life but well... i hadnt
>>
>>29483991
If you stop by Milan I might drink something with you OP
>>
It's hard to meet Chads and Stacies when you're all on your own. It's much easier when you go with a friend or two because you can go to bars with them. Especially since all my friends are more outgoing than me.
>>
>>29483991
If you aren't making friends where you are now, there's a VERY good chance you will not make any if you travel.

Look at your current social situation. Do you have many friends? Do you have any friends at all? If not, don't expect to make any when you travel.

Whatever makes someone desirable in one place usually applies everywhere. The same thing for undesirable. If people aren't into you now, they won't be into you other places either.
>>
>>29486544
Damn man, that sounds really harsh. I can relate a little bit. I had to move to Asia suddenly when I was 16. It was good but also realized the world is much the same as it is different
>>
File: Michaelis_Kantorowicz_Poznan.jpg (549 KB, 1970x1360) Image search: [Google]
Michaelis_Kantorowicz_Poznan.jpg
549 KB, 1970x1360
>>29486544
>was possibilty to see some nice architecture
What's wrong with Polish architecture though? From romanic/gothic to baroque to neoclassicism and secession/art nouveau, architecture is very similar in most of Europe. Did you go to the US or something? They copied the neoclassical stuff from Europe and art deco is just a continuation of secession anyway.

What people don't understand about traveling is that it's just supposed to be the emulation of the ruling class lifestyle - you're supposed to hold this whole freedom thing in high regard (and freedom is just another word for having infinite money to spend) just to make you slave your life away so you can take a few weeks out of your life to pretend you're better off than you actually are. Of course, you can't actually do what the rich do, you never will, but they're selling you the illusion that keeps you going.
>>
>>29486193
>>29486719
you guys do know it's okay to travel alone, right? you don't need to share every experience with other people.

but if you're unhappy because you're alone right now, don't travel alone because you'll be even more alone. unless you're visiting distant friends who can introduce you to their friends, that can be a good way to meet people. if you travel with a friend it kind of ruins the experience because people naturally distort their opinions to go along with their companions.

think of traveling to distant countries as a study of people, just like how an expedition into the wild is a study of nature. you can learn a lot as an outsider
>>
I was gonna do this but this thread is talking me out of it.
>>
>>29483991
you could visit this lonely robot if you're coming to bayern
>>
i really don't know why people are so obsessed with travelling around europe

it's a bunch of old fucking buildings that are more interesting to read about, the people are shitty, and everyone hates tourists

where the hell did this euro travel meme come from? a movie?
>>
>>29487305
It's an old New World tradition of the aristocracy to keep rich white people born in the Americas from forgetting who they really are. It's been co-opted into a bougie, middle-class thing to do as an excuse for debauchery, perpetrated by B-grade movies. To be fair, Europe is pretty great if you want to party and fuck and/or you're from a place like the Midwest.
>>
>>29487305
How about Australia?
>>
I wanna do the opposite and travel around America on my own
>>
Bump for more opinions. I want to too.
>>
I want to joint you anon, i am a spanish robot with some money and wanderlust...
>>
>>29488317
I also want to joint with you guys
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.