[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw about to cross paths with a stranger on the sidewalk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: FYYDG8DF3435TIN.MEDIUM.jpg (27 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
FYYDG8DF3435TIN.MEDIUM.jpg
27 KB, 270x360
>tfw about to cross paths with a stranger on the sidewalk
how the fuck do you keep cool in these situations?
>>
Smile, give a little wave, keep walking, err to the right side of the walkway.
People who live in america, but try to pass oncoming people by going to their left should be put to death.
>>
>>29483522
how do I stop my heart from racing and my face from feeling suddenly uncomfortable and my sweating
>>
File: 1392823650963.gif (471 KB, 496x419) Image search: [Google]
1392823650963.gif
471 KB, 496x419
Look anywhere between the horizon and your feet. Don't stare and don't act like a beta.
>>
>>29483551
Put your hands in your pockets, this always helps me.
>>
>>29483470
Either be a dick and fail to acknowledge their existence, or you just nod slightly and respond with a positive affirmation if greeted
>>
>tfw you make eye contact far too early and you can't say the normal greetings from that distance and seem normal
>just look away till they're a bit closer and then say hi
Fuck this, why is it so awkward.
>>
I smile, say hello, and keep walking.
>>
File: SadFrogLooks.jpg (7 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
SadFrogLooks.jpg
7 KB, 251x242
>>29484512
God, you faggots overcomplicate the simplest things.
>>
>>29484608
They are complicated just by existing. You normies take it for granted. You learned social skills when you were a kid because you had friends or didn't have undiagnosed mental disorders for a decade or two.
>>
>>29483470
>they nod at me and say morning/afternoon/hi or something
>nod back and repeat what they said

not that hard
>>
>tfw always think of some stupid shit, like "banana milkshake" in these scenarios, and end up losing it and laughing myself nearly to death
>tfw it happens at the urinals when im not alone
>>
>>29484521
>tfw they don't say hello back

It's like I'm not good enough for them to even take .5 seconds to respond to and then never see me again. I am so worthless even a complete stranger would rather rush by me than return my greeting. At least if it's an older person I take comfort in that they will die before me at least
>>
My suburb is growing increasingly dense so I never know whether to follow urban or rural etiquette.
>>
why would you say hello to complete strangers what country are y'all from
>>
depends

if its a closed community probably throw a hey hello to your neighbors

if its just out and about fucking ignore everyone
>>
Also don't say hello unless they do. It comes off like you're hiding something.
>>
>>29484766
USA

>>29484769
>ignore everyone

okay dickbag, not like it's gonna kill you to smile and say hi or nod back, but instead you're going to be an asshole
>>
>walk normally fine
>person walking towards you
>all of a sudden, stammering all over the place and cant walk straight
>>
>>29484807
I don't know you. I'm sure as fuck not gonna stop and get to know you. What the fuck do you want from me?
>>
Americans greet complete strangers on the street?
>>
>>29484807
You must live somewhere rural. You do that in a city it never ends because you're always passing someone.
>>
>>29484766
After living in a small town for a while, you get used to saying hi to everyone, because you only see people every now and then. When I go to cities I sometimes say hi to random people out of habit, and they just look at me like I'm an alien. Like comment subscribe
>>
>>29484476
"Haha look at the retard walking around with his hands in his pockets, he must be socially awkward lol!"
>>
>>29484861
>Is what your faggot robot brain is thinking
>>
>>29484833
.5 seconds as you pass someone in 1-2 steps worth of time is not "getting to know someone" you social retard

>>29484853
Good sized city, where I live there's a lot of paved walking/biking trails throughout the county/state. On mornings you pass quite a few people, mostly elderly and most people are friendly, then you have the unsocial pricks who don't even smile.
>>
one time i had my lunch break downtown and crossed paths like this with some girl on the way to my usual spot. i made the mistake of making eye contact and she says "hows it going"

i was so taken aback that i didnt reply and just kept walking like a sperg. what are you even supposed to say? "good k bye"
>>
>>29483470
Look at floor or phone. Pretend you got a text.
>>
>>29484907
>.5 seconds as you pass someone
Precisely what's the fucking point?

>social retard
You're the one getting ignored by people.
>>
>>29484936
>refusing to basic friendly social etiquette because you're too socially retarded
>>
>>29484807
>>29484907
I don't owe you anything, sithlord.
>>
>step to the side to avoid him
>he steps to the same side to avoid me
>I correct myself by stepping to the other side
>he does the same
>we end up doing a weird little dance of trying to go around each other but just keep bumping into each other
>>
>>29484907
So, why the fuck would want to you say hello to every stranger you see in the street?
>>
I too start to lose balance a bit and become very self conscious in these situations (after not socializing for ages).

Do you also have this feeling like you're stuck on rails and can't really do anything you want? E.g. realizing you walked the wrong direction and need to turn around, but you can't make yourself. I think it has to do with not wanting to draw attention or create confrontation. So I'd say intentionally going out of your way to create confrontations is the way to care less.
>>
>>29483470
You have to assert your dominance. Stare him down and walk directly in his path until he moves aside.
>>
>>29484988
keep looking over his shoulder and don't make eye contact. it works
>>
I hate this fucking shit, in every encounter both people are discreetly eyeing up and judging the other person. I just ignore them at this point
>>
very very wide smile
>>
>>29483470
>how the fuck do you keep cool in these situations?
Easy, I don't go outside.
>>
>acknowledging random people on the street

hah
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 500x347
>>29483470
I just bear with it and when I can't I make eye contact and scream at the top of my lungs like a lunatic. They either laugh or get scared.
>>
>>29483470
I don't like that man's swaying stride. There's too much pep in his step. He could have a knife behind his back.
>>
>>29485506
In Florida, you could legally shoot him.
>>
>>29483470
I usually focus on something in the distance like a traffic sign, etc...
>>
I used to overthink it. I felt that they would take a quick gaze and mock me, wondering why I haven't killed myself or how I could garner the courage to even dare walk past them. I used to just cross the street and hope that it wouldn't look awkward when I did, but now my mind goes blank and I continue to walk. I just keep my back straight, head forward, and make sjre my eyes only stare in front of me and not wander, as if I turn into a robot of some kind. It really helps especially if I'm walking through crowds.
It also helps to think lf people as NPCs in a video game and consider then worthless of your time and walking past them since they dont offer anything to you as they make small quips, have conversations, or just program themselves to do what theyre designated to do, and what is that you may ask? I wouldn't fucking know because I don't care.
>>
File: tegaki.png (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9 KB, 400x400
>be BLUE BLOB
>want GREEN THING from AISLE B
>RED BLOB is blocking my passage
>rather than ask them to let me by, walk all the way up AISLE A and back down AISLE B in order to retrieve GREEN THING
>>
Just walk right past and don't acknowledge them. Worst-case scenario, they think you're an asshole, and they'll silently walk past you and forget 2 seconds later.
>>
File: 1466100069324.jpg (46 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
1466100069324.jpg
46 KB, 451x392
>>29485612
>filename

I am in fucking tears
>>
I look at my phone.
>>
keep walking and don't budge an inch

will shoulder check if necessary; most people are too pussy to do anything about it anyway
>>
File: 1412374941193.jpg (24 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
1412374941193.jpg
24 KB, 400x333
they see me coming and cross to the other side of the road

haha I win the sidewalk battle fucking normans
>>
File: 1466561035453.jpg (116 KB, 826x837) Image search: [Google]
1466561035453.jpg
116 KB, 826x837
Is smiling to a guy that stares at you makes you gay? I felt so disgusted. This happened couple of times.
>>
File: cat.gif (2 MB, 461x351) Image search: [Google]
cat.gif
2 MB, 461x351
>>29483470
Looking directly ahead, pretend not to notice them 80% of the time, focus on breathing and mindfulness.
>>
>>29484918
Try, "Good. How are you?"
>>
>>29486448
This. Everything else is beta tier
>>
>>29486461
What about when you're minding your own lane and someone drifts into it? Will you shoulder check another man? A woman? An elderly person?
>>
>>29484835
Extroversion is the norm here in the USA
>>
wear sunglasses so you can avoid eye contact and bob your head with a shit eating grin on youre face and if they say anything to you just blurt out "EYHOWSIDGOIN" & the other person will prolly think your high on drugs instead of high on crippling autism lmao :D
>>
>>29483470
nod
if they say "hi" say hi back
>>
>>29483470
If it's one beta like that?

no problem, keep walking straight

>if it's a single girl

Mmm... ok I guess I can do this

>if it's a group of Chads

Fuck fuck fuck they're coming in my direction

>if it's a group of Staceys (attractive/average girls)

FUCK NOOOO, what do I do, oh fuck I can hear them laughing already FUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>29486483
Smiling at another male is like having "Im gay" tattooed on your forehead. When one man looks at another, it should be a look of rage, hatred and spite.
>>
>>29486927
go back to le reddit with you're are toxic masculinity, dudebro
>>
>>29486956
Subscribed

Originale.Png
>>
>>29483470
I just look straight ahead unless they are obviously staring at me in which case I look directly into their eyes as we pass until we've passed each other or they look elsewhere

I almost always do it with a blank expression

>some probably think I'm a junkie waiting for them to let down their guard so I can mug them
>>
>>29486927
kekd
>>29486956
hang yourself immediately
>>
>>29483470
I put my hand on my concealed holster and pray that I get attacked or harassed in any way. I'm just aching to stand my ground. This is at night, of course, in the daylight I still carry but I'm not as concerned about mugging and so I just head nod.
>>
>>29484663
fucking hell mate get a grip
>>
>>29487181
Average gun enthusiast. Not paranoid at all.
>>
>>29483470
I just keep my head down or avoid looking at them, if it's someone I know I just shake their hand and say that I'm in a hurry and will text them later or some shit
>>
>>29487368
That's autistic, if you walk and look at your feet you look autistic and beta as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 229x220
You just walk past them what the fuck, if you want real awkward sidewalk shit you should be talking about when you're behind them and need to pass.
>>
>>29487450
I know senpai. I used to be much better, maybe a full blown normie before I was 19 20 but the neetdom has made me avoid people and deteriorate my social skills to extremely low level at this age of 26
>>
I like to keep my eyes focused on the ground and stay as far away from their side of the pavement as possible

Sometimes I mutter and insult myself just as I pass them, so if they were to call me out on how worthless I look it might not hurt as much.
>>
>>29487308
When you get stabbed in the gut by a nigger and robbed, it kinda makes you paranoid, yeah.
>average gun grabber, living in fairy tale la la land
>>
>>29483470
I look at them and nob my head.
>>
File: 1461810422891.jpg (60 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1461810422891.jpg
60 KB, 476x687
>>29483470
You don't.
>go outside
>manual walking mode: engaged
>manual breathing mode: engaged
>spaghetti dispenser: activated
>autism interface: activated
>all systems nominal
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s05VF7TmZQX3
>>
cough, yawn, look at my phone, just anything in general to use as an excuse to not make eye contact
>>
>>29484439
>look down and don't act beta
>>
File: 1466659602356.jpg (31 KB, 370x312) Image search: [Google]
1466659602356.jpg
31 KB, 370x312
I watch the hands and if they're staring at me or not and I try to get some distance, even if that means walking on the grass or whatever. I'll probably watch behind me after they pass me or listen to their footsteps.

Worse thing is when you got people walking behind you. I usually slow my pace and let them pass me if they do or go faster to get away.

I'm sort of paranoid.
>>
Pokerface and look straight ahead.

If its someone who makes me uncomfortable like a nigger I talk to myself in broken sentences and make crazy facial expressions so I look to crazy to fuck with.
>>
Imagine vividly how many ways you can fuck them up with a crowbar.
>>
>>29483470
Just do the virgin walk as hard as you can
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.