[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Red Flags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (363 KB, 1242x1883) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363 KB, 1242x1883
>she tries to shove Modern Gender Politics into a Manga that's older than she is
>>
>>29483332
Oh, and
>a Korean tries to shove Modern Gender Politics into a Japanese Manga that is older than she is
>>
File: 1441942520396.png (91 KB, 253x341) Image search: [Google]
1441942520396.png
91 KB, 253x341
>>29483332
>explains why they're all male
>"I see."
>clarify even more
>"Why should they all be male? Why can't women be heroes?"
>>
>>29483511
She's a Liberal Arts Major, what did you expect?
>>
>>29483332
>Why can't women be heroes?
because they lack the capacity and the instinct to do anything heroic

just tell her that and call her a cum eater cock sucker whore
>>
>>29483332
Ok? I think all manga is pretty sexist, their has never been a strong, masculine female in anything
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1050x1050
>>29484371
This is pretty shitty bait, but if you're serious, go back to Tumblr.
>>
Well, your friend has a point. Why is the DBZ-verse so obsessed with some male power fantasy? The only considerably powerful female character I remember being in the series was Android 18, and she was quickly relegated to the role of a housewife.
>>
>>29484429
So you're telling me, a Shonen is Male-centric? No way.
>>
>>29483332
Uhh, didn't 18 beat the living shit out of everyone at one point? Sure she became a housewife but it sure as shit wasn't because anyone forced her to, she chose that life. Maybe she didn't want to be a hero and possibly die and leave her child and husband behind.
>>
>>29484429
Because akarotto and Bejita-chan thats why
>>
>>29484421
Why is bulma on there 4 times
>>
>men easier to draw than women
>OH EM GEE MUH REPRESENTATION
>>
>>29484513
Kakkoroto*
>>
>>29483332
> talking to wonmyn
Nice trips BTW familia
>>
>>29484429
Because it caters to a male demographic.
Call the fucking cops.
>>
>>29484421
None of these are strong, sad that the strongest female in anime is the 5th hokage and even then she's only a healer
>>
>>29484479
>Sure she became a housewife but it sure as shit wasn't because anyone forced her to, she chose that life.

She didn't choose anything. She's a fictional character. The writer(s) decided that she would be relegated to a simple housewife, and that was that.

The point is, it illustrates a bias within the series' writing. DBZ would have been a lot more interesting with female protagonists and antagonists interspersed throughout different sagas. Every saga is just some retarded male-versus-male posturing.

>"Ah, Goku! I must draw you out into some non-descript wilderness and spend the next five episodes giving you smug looks while we boast about our power levels!"
hardly constitutes clever (much less engaging) writing.
>>
>>29484649
>Because it caters to a male demographic.

So you're saying a series needs to *avoid* strong female characters in order to cater to a male demographic?

I have no problem with a series catering to one gender or another. I happen to be a male myself, and I'd personally like to see potent, well-scripted female characters in these kinds of series.
>>
>>29484736
>baito

I'll take it anyway. Android 18 can solo everyone in naruto proven fact.
>>
>>29484780
>I'd personally like to see potent, well-scripted female characters in these kinds of series

So why don't you go make them yourself instead of trying to impose your beliefs on another mans work
>>
>>29484780
>So you're saying a series needs to *avoid* strong female characters in order to cater to a male demographic?
No, there's just no need for strong female characters to cater to a male demographic.
>>
>She mentions any of that gender bogus
>>
File: testosterone.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
testosterone.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>29483332
>female super saiyans

haha no one wants to look at that shit famalama
>>
>>29484909
Actually in the new dragonball game there are females super saiyan
>>
>>29484829
>So why don't you go make them yourself instead of trying to impose your beliefs on another mans work
>fans offering feedback to writers or developers = imposing

I grew up with DBZ, and I supported viewership of the series when it originally aired in the U.S. I think I'm every bit as entitled to my opinion as you are yours.
>>
>>29484850
>No, there's just no need for strong female characters to cater to a male demographic.

Yet there's a sizable number of male fans who want this.

I didn't realize you spoke on behalf of the entire fanbase.
>>
>>29484976
>Yet there's a sizable number of male fans who want this.
>I didn't realize you spoke on behalf of the entire fanbase.

The irony is tangible.
>>
>>29484950
>I grew up with DBZ, and I supported viewership of the series when it originally aired in the U.S. I think I'm every bit as entitled to my opinion as you are yours.

If you didn't watch the Japanese version you didnt see the anime because the west version changed it completely.
>>
File: 20.jpg (152 KB, 522x467) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
152 KB, 522x467
>>29483332

you're mistake is even acknowledging the argument in the first place
>>
>>29484802
Different series, relative to her series 18 was shit house
>>
>>29485001
Better back that shit up m8.
>>
>>29485116
Not him, but see

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Censorship_in_the_Dragon_Ball_series
>>
>>29485077
18 was at least 20x stronger than roshi who could blow up the moon

Masashi Kishimoto said the ninjas of Naruto would probably die to machine guns and even Roshi can catch bullets so really Roshi can solo everyone in naruto

>>29485116
They changed the soundtrack, dialogue, names, and censored some episodes
>>
Tell the bitch that in the Xenoverse video game you can have a female super saiyan. For christ sake, why does it matter?
>>
>>29484741
You type like a faggot, fuck off
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.