[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Link a robot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Is Link a robot?
>>
>>29480971
>Attractive 8/10 or higher
>Everyone treats him nice besides the main villain
>Is rich
>Is fit
>Most of the time gets the girl at the end of the game
>CHADS CAN NOT BE ROBOTS
>>
he doesn't speak because nintendo miyamoto wanted you to project your own personality onto him
>>
>>29480971
No. He has alot of friends and is very outgoing and brave. Not to that every Link is a descendant of Link from Skyward Sword so he procreates and raises family.
>>
>>29480971
>tfw ywn fuck Link's BP
>>
>>29480988

Not with those fetal alcohol syndrome ears lol.
>>
>>29481034
; _;
Never ever fameelichy
>>
Isn't link a manlet?
>>
>>29480993
Never understood this logic

The character still has mannerisms that give him personality, even without any dialogue. The only times simply keeping a protagonist silent allows you to project on to him is when we either stick solely to first-person (Half Life) or get to create them and chose what they say (Skyrim)

And why do game designers think we need to project our own personalities onto characters in order to identify with them, anyway? There are plenty of ways to make a character empathetic that actually involve giving them character.
>>
>>29480988
This one i'll give you, though he's closer to a 10/10 for me

>Everyone treats him nice besides the main villain
Not really. There are plenty of characters who are assholes

>Is rich
nigga he can only carry like up to 999 rupees at a time

>Is fit
No, he's pretty skinny. Also a manlet

>Most of the time gets the girl at the end of the game
When has Link ever actually ended up with one of his love interests? Sure, he saves them, but is he ever anything other than friendzoned?
>>
>>29481069
He's a goddamn elf, having fetal alcohol ears isn't going to matter when you're literally a race of fetal alcohol people. Fetal alcohol syndrome doesn't even look like that, you're retarded.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.