[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confidence and shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: ada.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ada.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
Heh, anyone sick of the constant criticisms and shit that are thrown towards us. We already know we're shit. Why the need to keep coming at us. Is it because you think the constant shaming or beratement will make us angry and spur us into action? Because it doesn't work like that, it makes people like us even less capable of doing anything, as our confidence in ourselves would just be lowered, our confidence is already so low that we don't think we could do anything anyway. And then you ask, "well why the fuck is your confidence so low", well golly gee, I don't fucking know, how about the years of not ever meeting the standards of your parents when you were a child, the constant shunning by your peers, the constant manipulation by others, how about the constant rejection of even "friendship" because everyone thought that you were bringing them down, or how about when you would never get any valentine's from anyone at school or work when they were being given out. But nooooo it can't be past experiences like that, nah its just your outlook on life, yeah no shit, but everyone's outlook on life is based off of experience. A child believes a lie because they know no better, but an adult sees through that lie due to experience, in this way our view on life is based off of pragmatic experience. Our trust of evidence is little because time and time again, new experiences only reinforce the old experiences. Then you'll say "oh well that's just not logical at all, it's just anecdotal evidence", but the thing is, it's not, so many people have voiced their collective anger at society because of these problems, many robots already know these problems so well. Fuck it, I'm simply done, voice a few ways on how to improve your self confidence or some shit, I don't know. Maybe it'll help me or a few other robots, gods know we all need it.
>>
Paragraph that shit up nigger
>>
File: 1435638535400-2-cyber.jpg (316 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1435638535400-2-cyber.jpg
316 KB, 1200x900
>>29479092
Sorry man, shit
>>
>>29479078
One way to build confidence is to doing something you've always been itching to try out. Make some small, daily goals and try to see if you can achieve them. It doesn't have to be grandiose.

Learning a new skill and exercising are said to boost confidence as well.

Just try to forgive your peers for your shitty past and start anew. You've got plenty of time to change your outlook I assume.
>>
Think of all the things you want your fantasy qt3.14 to do to you, and then do them for yourself. Take care of yourself. Eat better, sleep reasonably, spend a little time outside every day. Compliment others, return disrespect with humble kindness. You're gonna get a lot of shit shoveled in your face, but that's life.

It's not about how much shit you take, anon. It's how you deal with it. All that bummer shit you wrote, you have the choice between letting it define you as a weak, defeated person. Or it can define you as a indomitable survivor. You don't have to walk away from every struggle with your pride intact. Sometimes walking away at all is good enough.

I've been there, anon. Just think of something that means a lot to you, enough that it makes you want to keep trying. And then keep trying. Forever. Until you die. It gets easier.
>>
I know people here hate being recommended to visit psychologists, and it's perfectly understandable when so many of them give shit advice. However, good ones should be able to help you increase your self confidence, and I don't mean marginally, I mean to the point of proper social functioning like your peers.

The whole 'drastic self confidence boost' tends to be a large part of how professionals treat for example Avoidant Personality Disorder, and although treatment often tends to be somewhat ineffective when you just pick the first shrink available, as long as you keep looking for an experienced professional to guide you, you will eventually get in touch with someone that really can help you. Just make sure to drop out and keep looking for a new one as you realize the one you currently have won't be able to truly help you. So many of them are a pure waste of time, and you need to realize when to pull out and look for someone else.

They can and really will help you overcome your absolute bottom tier confidence if you give them enough of a chance. If you want proof of how effectively they can treat this shit, here's a read:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stefan_Hofmann/publication/233691643_Treating_Avoidant_Personality_Disorder_The_Case_of_Paul/links/54da25f40cf2970e4e7dda9f.pdf
>>
>>29480747
>>29479078
Sorry about not looking up a more relevant source. It just happened to be the most relevant publication I had bookmarked with free access. Still, I think it manages to support my claims. I know case studies do not prove anything about the success rate of your average self confidence boosting treatment, but they can prove just how effective it CAN be.

Also, if you choose to go this route, expect treatment to go on for quite a while. Boosting self confidence when it's this low needs to be a thorough process. Re-building your ego and confidence thoroughly tends to take on average somewhere around a year based on the studies I've read. I'm not saying this to deter you, I'm simply letting you know what to expect if you choose to buckle in for the ride, and I do recommend it.
>>
>>29479078
You are such a whiny, cringing faggot today OP
>>
File: 1461439575579.jpg (445 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1461439575579.jpg
445 KB, 1600x900
>>29479078
I'm not sure if I can feel anything else than sorry anymore.

Do You folks also feel terrible for being helpless about the sorrows of nice folk?
That You wish so badly their lives were better, so You always catch Yourself trying to be supportive, perhaps hoping that something will bloom out of it, to then nurture.
But it's always seemingly pointless and of no use, it's nothing.

Anyone else hopelessly seeks closure in the one of others?
Only to be reminded that You are just as helpless if not more about Your own sorrows.
>>
File: sad-00031.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sad-00031.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
I have no self confidence. Even with my only friends online I often think I'm messing up and that they think I'm stupid and worthless.
I know my co-workers seem to think I'm a mess up.
I wish I could die without hurting other people in the process.
>>
>>29479078
Confidence comes from thinking positively.

Every time you have a negative thought about yourself, it gets registered and retained by your subconscious. People either get into negative feedback loops or positive feedback loops. These loops extend on so many different levels. Society only works with alphas and betas and it creates them.
>>
>>29480747
Holy fuck that paper was discouraging. They literally just told him to get a job and join a sports club and to look in the mirror and then acted like this was some sort of huge successful treatment.
>>
>>29481495

On the other hand, how do you imagine such treatment? Eat pills until you get better? I kinda understand that in order to increase your self worth you need to exercise it all the time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.