[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shitposting and autistic debating tatics.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1405215945753.jpg (164 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1405215945753.jpg
164 KB, 1024x1024
Lets talk about shitposting /r9k/.

I define "shitposting" as having pointless arguments that are just people flinging insults at each other instead of discussing anything. Unfortunately with being anonymous this happens a lot. Let's sit down and have a rational, adult discussion about this and maybe we can curb some of it and make this place less of a waste of time.

Common shitposting tatics I've noticed:

>Shitposter insults you first, when you insulted no one in your post

>Shitposter won't acknowledge this if you insult them back and always pretend you started it.

>They try to pull a "u mad" type response, indicating your very upset and keep replying, when they are doing the exact same thing.

>Things that are normal for 4chan suddenly become nitpicky things for shitposter and they claim it's from 9gag or reddit

>Example: shitposter posts Pepe earlier in thread, you post Pepe in argument with shitposter, shitposter says your an autistic frog poster or something to that effect. What does this make the shitposter then?

>Shitposter will ignore any appeals to reason to try to get back to a normal discussion and disagree with you just to disagree with you, even if it makes them look like a bigger and bigger idiot.

>Telling a shitposter you're not going to reply to them sets rustles their jimmies to maximum, because they're addicted to (Yous)

What else robots?
>>
>>29477790

>When you BTFO out of shitposter, they claim YOU'RE the one doing damage control.
>>
shitposts are puerile nonsense teenagers post look at /tv/
>>
>>29477828

Then what term would you refer to what I'm referring to? Shitposting fits nicely enough.
>>
File: 1259378378772.jpg (80 KB, 688x547) Image search: [Google]
1259378378772.jpg
80 KB, 688x547
>Disagree with their opinion and get called a shill, with all seriousness, like someone literally is paying to stay up all night and disagree with this person.
>>
What else robots? What kind of things does Anon pull that you hate?
>>
Actually should I extend this to just online debating tatics in general?
>>
Deflective retorts, ad hominems, 'no u' style nonsense, inserting irrelevant nonsense etc basically just any kind of response that ignores what I previously wrote.
>>
>>29477790
>being this autistic about a term that just means low-quality posting

lol fag
>>
>>29478073

They ignore what you previously wrote because they either don't have an actual comeback or response to it and that pisses them off.
>>
>>29477790
The problem is our society is made up of insane, irrational, cruel people from top to bottom. Almost all people of every stratum of society are literally retarded; their ability to function by use of their natural faculties is permanently damaged.

Truth is secondary to wealth in all aspects, including the substantiation of power.

The rational capacity of the human mind has been found to be irrelevant. Our instincts that made us into what we are have been overridden. Our substance that built something above the natural world has failed.

A person's right to stand around and blather on about their emotionally-based opinion with no connection to reality in any way is supported by the wealth of their governing authority. There is no consequence to their lack of rationality because neither they nor the authority to which they're subject have any standards and vision of an ideal.
And anyone who is justified in the truth has no right to attack them physically, because such an action would not be supported by an authority. So they continue to devolve throughout their lives, and the species continues to devolve throughout its own life.
>>
>>29478101

Thanks for participating as a wonderful example of what makes this place suck and everything I'm talking about. How clever. I really should of put "inb4 8,000 reposes doing this exact same shit just to piss me off, like it's a clever or original thing to do."

U AM TROLL ME TURDTYPER!

But lets dissect this wonder specimen of shit that strolled in here. They don't give you much information to go on. Just an insult. It's defense, it gives you nothing to grapple onto, like a guy who punches you and runs away before you can swing back.
>>
>>29478158

>The problem is our society is made up of insane, irrational, cruel people from top to bottom.

Exactly. Maybe I have a hard time understanding because I have problems being cruel on purpose. But I think a lot of people are taking their angry out on anonymous and it doesn't really do anyone any good.
>>
This is mostly a /v/ thing but there are equivalents for other boards. Basically you'll have threads going 24/7 shitting on one particular game or system completely unopposed but at the same time they'll act like the fanbase for that thing is this omnipresent oppressive force and they (the hatejerkers) are the underdogs fighting the good fight despite the fact that they 100% control the narrative and real discussion about the thing from the fanbase pretty much never happens.
>>
>>29478438

Yeah making up enemies that aren't there? /r9k/ does this with normies. Sure normies exist but they sure as fuck aren't coming here and don't care about this place. That's what makes them normies.
>>
File: 1463695921576.jpg (109 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1463695921576.jpg
109 KB, 720x960
meta threads (like this one) are definite shitposting
>>
>>29478514

Okay, I defined what I mean by "shitposting" what is your definition? How does this fit into that definition? Why can't boards have discussion threads on what goes on on their board? This happens all the time on this site.
>>
Leave, OP. I hate this place for the same reason. There's nothing to be gained here, on this entire website, really, and I am trying my best to leave as well at the moment.
>>
Responses like "you just figured this out?" when there is no clear indication the post "JUST" figured out, they just choice to comment at that particular time.

Example.

>Poster 1: Women are shit.

>Poster 2: ur just now figuring that out

There was no clear indication this was a recent revelation of the poster, it's just a statement of what they think is fact and what poster 2 thinks is fact, but poster 2 needs to be an asshole and imply poster 1 is an idiot for agreeing with him.
>>
Shitposts are meta threads like this one.
>>
>>29478721

What is /qa/ then? An entire board dedicated to shitposting?
>>
>>29478697

I know. I can't though. I'm a weirdly... invested and committed person. I feel like I'm wasting so much time here and yet I feel bored and empty without 4chan.

It's a hard habit to kick, it's been ten years man.
>>
File: vgFQbYX.jpg (212 KB, 1080x1612) Image search: [Google]
vgFQbYX.jpg
212 KB, 1080x1612
i have achieved the pinnacle of shitposting
>>
>>29478388
that is the essence of hell. constant torture. Torturers who torture themselves while torturing others. The whip that cracks in every direction simultaneously.
This is the ultimate form of slavery.
>>
>>29478954

The thing is I quit if I'm high though. Like being high puts me in this mood where I just can't tell with 4chans shit. Like I'm too happy. I just don't want to waste my time wading through half-assed insults. However when I'm sober this seems to be some huge important thing I need to waste all my time with.

I guess 4chan has brought some good things into my life and I keep wading through the sewage looking for those gems.
>>
>Not getting your point and putting words in your mouth or thoughts in your head

This is less shitposting and more crapposting. I try to reword what I'm saying and they don't get it and make up what I said and respond to that instead. I play this on shit reading comprehension.

An example would be

>Poster 1: SOME gamers pull some retarded shit like that.

>Poster 2: Why are you calling gamers retarded you faggot cuck?

See how poster 1 only said SOME and didn't even say they were retarded, but the action they were taken was. Nope Poster 2 somehow can't read like that and got "ALL GAMERS ARE RETARDED" out of that post like they saw the word "gamer" and the word "retarded" in the same sentence, filled in their own blanks and just replied to that.
>>
I'd like this thread to not be all about me though, robots can speak up and voice their concerns too.
>>
File: smug.jpg (56 KB, 441x403) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
56 KB, 441x403
>>29477790
>When the guy pulls out the Official Internet Debaters Manual when you're just their to insult him
>>
>>29480086

Shitposters:

>I'm going to call you a faggot!

>Wait, how dare you call ME a faggot!

They dish it out but never can take it.
>>
>>29478438
People want someone to fight against. They want to feel like they're winning something. You can see this in many false distinctions.
Do you think these people actually believe their crap, or spread it on purpose for lulz?
>>
>>29477790
An obvious one is how some people use ad hominem by mentioning their achievements or start questioning someone else's as if it somehow weakens their argument.
>>
>Based on my life experience and social conditioning, i do not agree with your position on this topic and make assumptions about your sexuality.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.