[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made an album in May. I just made it free and shared it with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
I made an album in May. I just made it free and shared it with all my friends. I messaged them all and still no one downloaded it I put hard work into music, and it is my life. My life is literally meaningless
>>
you better post a link you nigger
>>
>>29476275
Nigga, im self conscious
>>
>>29476259

Good albums get more than 4 downloads, but only if you put it out there.

And it's actually good.
>>
>>29476290
then why even make music? go be an accountant or some shit
>>
boo hoo, go talk with the "creators" who spent "years" on their video games that no one played.

Or books that literally no one ever read, if you want something more historically established.

It just means your content is shit or your friends aren't real.
>>
>>29476318
how can our albums be real if our friends aren't real?
>>
>>29476259
>making music for other people
>making music so you can get the most downloads/hits/views/money, and not for the pure joy of doing so
k
>>
>>29476304
i have worked as an accountant.
the album was black metal sorta. could easily be the reason why no downloads to begin with.
>>
>>29476290

At least no one is going to lie to you here.

A lot of people will tell you your music is shit and whatever without even clicking the link, but you can hope for some constructive criticism in there. Better than friends lying to your face about it being okay or getting the "Yeah I meant to check it out I got busy, I will later."
>>
>>29476259
>hard work
>1 album
i made hard work in the toilet today but i don't expect anyone to download that mess. fuck off and i hope you break your fingers someday soon.
>>
It was either shit, your friends are shit, or you just didn't put effort into advertising it. I'm guessing the third one.
>>
>>29476259
Drop a link OP, I'm always looking for new music.
>>
>>29476348
Thanks anon, youre a hope of light in this terrible place.
>>
>>29476332

But if there is no one around to hear the music, has the music really been made?
>>
> wants to get his music out there

> wont post it because hes insecure

You're literally retarded. You want criticism yet you won't put it out.
>>
>>29476259
either post the link or you have no talent and you deserve this.
>>
>>29476360
fug u dude. I put out 8 albums so far. all of them are online. Made 55 physicals of previous albums and all of em sold
>>29476318
Is anyone truely real?
>>29476332
It is out of enjoyment, i just want someone to enjoy it with
>>29476362
Probably all 3. Im self taught in playing, recording, and mixing. Music theory is all from playing piano, and guitar. Lots of eureka
>>29476364
I would, email 2345email5432 at gmail
>>29476381
I think there was a song about that, ironically
>>29476418
Eh, i do put it out mainly on facebook pages, 4chan scares me, even on one of the most beta boards. Most people have repressed angers that they unleash under the veil of anonymousness
>>29476434
I am most likely talentless desu. I am self taught, and do things less than perfect so i dont disapoint if i ever play live. email 2345email5432 at gmail
>>
>>29476486
>self taught
into the trash etc.
>>
>>29476486
have you put samples here before? what do you play? recording software software? drums?
>>
>>29476575
I play guitar, piano sorta, and program drums. Never posted samples here ever. I dont really trust it, honestly.
I dont mind constructive criticism, but theres anuses around these parts of the web.
Im willing to give links through email. 2345email5432 at gmail. im not going to hack you or anything.
>>
SEND LINK HERE OP; I WONT BOTHER TO WRITE AN EMAIL
>>
>>29476789
I like critisism, but dont be dicks. If it sucks, tell me on my facebook page.
Its less than perfect recorded so I can play it live and not disappoint even more than I would disappoint.
Im gunna hang myself, peace
https://decayingfrost.bandcamp.com/album/pilgrimage-through-crimson-snow
>>
>>29476822
>im not going to hack you or anything.
>don't be dicks

okayyyy then fuck this go whine to /mu and not us you whiner post yer bandcamp to us or fuck off kindly liar!
>>
>>29476822
oh now come on its not that bad it might just be the style thats putting people off relax man and keep on playing if it makes you happy.
>>
>>29476822
not really into black metal but the drums seem too low and vocals too loud
>>
>>29476822
shouldn't you like, be interested in music before you start making some? it's like you are making a parody of a middle school art project which is fine for a 19 year old but take at least one fucking lesson man.
>>
>>29476822
This is pretty good. Only complaint I have so far is that the guitar isn't really too present in the mix. Maybe try double tracking more.
>>
OP here, thanks for the comments, you guys are beautiful.
>>29477205
I did post my bandcamp though. the initial post was hoping for other failures to come up and show, but instead got the consumers. I dont care if youre a dick or not in all honestly, I was saying that in a tongue in cheek way.
>>29477252
You sir, made my day. Thanks.
>>29477436
Thank you. Ways to improve are things i like to hear
>>29477555
Im definitely into music. I have inspiration from Darkthrone, Marduk, Leviathan, Immortal (Mainly Heart of WInter), and Vader. I have no clue on how metal musicians mix, i do this all on garageband. I am a 19 year old, senpai.
>>
>>29477694
I didnt double track at all, actually. I used to when i was on the school computers for: https://decayingfrost.bandcamp.com/album/big-black-album (i used synth guitar, and distorted everything. When I taught myself the program Garageband)
thanks for the input, dude
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.