[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>if it was 100 years ago but I was still the same age as I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>if it was 100 years ago but I was still the same age as I am now, I would've been drafted to fight on the Western Front in WW1
Oh god I can't imagine what it would be like back then.
>>
>>29475000
Stinky, wet, and chemical warfare.
>>
>>29475000
>if it was 100 years ago but I was still the same age as I am now, I would've been enslaved by europeans
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
VOTE LEAVE

#BREXIT
>>
>>29475092
Don't get too comfortable, darky.
>>
>>29475000
>>29475149
>tfw you were born just in time to fight in the Great European Civil War
Death to Brussels to be honest lads
>>
i work with veterans at my job.

talked to a WWII vet for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago. i got real goosebumps. i was extra polite. i felt compelled to say "sir" every 5 seconds. not even a militaryfag.

>anything else can i help you with?
>no thank you, anon. you were very helpful. you folks are always helpful.
>awesome, glad i could help today.
>yep. i wouldn't take my business anywhere else. i've been with you since the second world war.
>...you were in world war ii?
>have you heard of omaha beach?
>...y-yeah...
>i was there.
>...i... that's... thank you, sir. thank you for your service.
>(laughs) yes sir

5 minutes earlier, i was pissed off about doing paperwork. this motherfucker was running in the sand with shells exploding around him. fully expecting to get killed. we have it so good. fuck this generation so hard.

>inb4 jews, puppet gov'ts, Rothschilds, banks, etc

i know. just on a human level. what the fuck man.
>>
>>29475234
It's not really a big deal. Don't pull that neo-nazi shit or go back to /pol/.
>>
>>29475000
in those days society had the decency to cull our kind instead of having us live abysmally unfulfilled lives well past our expiration dates. now they just let us rot.
>>
>>29475411
I'm not a neo-nazi, you realize Churchill ran on the slogan "keep England white" after the war right?
>>
>>29475275
But that's the whole point of war, he did what he did so that the worst thing you had to worry about was paperwork.
>>
You wouldn't be yourself in any way.

It's no different to imagining what it would be like to be a young soldier in a shit tier country right now.
>>
>>29475000
>not deserting and fucking around in the countryside with your buddies then getting shellshocked adn then going to africa and america and etc all the while hating roasties and jews and englishmen so much taht when you get back to france you start writing anti-semitic pamphlets and denying the holohoax
are you even trying bro?
>>
>>29475492
I know it's not relevant, but I'm not actually american/british. Though it's pretty interesting that my great grandfather was an european that married a native, which ultimately contributed to the "pollution" of my country.
>>
>>29475000

600 years ago you'd be given a spear and told to die for your lord the moment your balls dropped
>>
>>29475275
We have it so good that the big problem society has is that there are no problems. We have it so good some people have the arrogance to claim that air conditioners are sexist! I hope that guy or other wwII vets have managed to avoid seeing a lot of that shit.
>>
WW2 vets also lived through the Great Depression. Maybe they really were the Greatest Generation. I'm old so my father and uncles fought in WW2, father and one uncle n N. Africa and Italy, other uncle in the Pacific war.
>>
File: 1466560406770.jpg (50 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1466560406770.jpg
50 KB, 500x492
>>29476451
>Grandfather "fought" in Vietnam
>cook on ship
>got Alzheimers
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.