[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /game of thrones/ here? Battle of the Bastards is visually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 40
File: jon battle2.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
jon battle2.gif
2 MB, 400x225
Who /game of thrones/ here?

Battle of the Bastards is visually the greatest battle ever filmed. This isn't my opinion, it's an objective fact
>>
>>29474954
Revenant battle scenes were better.
>>
>>29474954
Everything was dark and i couldnt see shit. Cant wait for the next jeoffry/ramsey to show up next season and unnecessarily extend the plot.
>>
>>29474977
I have not seen the aforementioned battle of bastards, but I can vouch for the revenant. The intial battle between the Indians and the trappers was insanely good. People accuse the director of just jerking himself off with the long takes, but the long takes in that scene really made the battle super immersive. Way better than shaky cam shit.
>>
the battle was cliched garbage and anyone saying otherwise hasn't watched enough movies with medieval battles. the pile of bodies was the only "original" thing they did and it made absolutely no sense.

the only good battle was hardhome. the wall battle was shit, blackwater was shit, bastard battle was shit.

all these people praising this episode are fucking morons and are the main reason this show has been shit since season 4
>>
>>29474954
That sword looks totally fake
>>
Jon Snow is a terrible tactician
the battle was gritty, bloody, rough and had a very dark atmosphere, much like the show (excluding across the sea)
it was a really unique battle as well, with the holw suffocation thing
only thing is didn't get to see the wildlings fuck shit up
they just seem to die alot, with Stannis, Hardhome, the Nights Watch and now Rhodok Spearmen
8.5/10 rip big guy
>>
>>29474954
>mfw GoT will end with an sjw woman and her lesbian ally with a white, belittled, no-dick male leading a bunch of shitskins to destroy the west
like pottery
>>
>>29475065
it wasn't too bad and cliche feeling compared to danys story line

>epic speech
>badass dragons
like a child wrote it

also the fucking arya shit in the last episodes were terrible
>>
>>29475072
the only thing unique about the battle were the pile of bodies (which made absolutely no sense), and the suffocation thing

everything else is typical hollywood shit, i don't know what uniqueness you're talking about
>>
>>29474954
i honestly was so mad.

The only thing good, at all, was RAMSAY SNOWS BATTLE TACTICS.

Thats it. Everything about what jon snow did and was trying to do was absolutley retarded, up to and including the following.

>bulk of force is lightly armed and armored wildlings
>up against a shield "phalanx" and cavalry
>not a single precaution is taken for any of this, at all (im sorry the wildlings haven heard of PIKES????
>THE GIANT IS NOT EQUIPPED WITH A WEAPON

seriously. and then they Deus Ex the wholse situation with the tully cavalry?

Retarded. Pants on heads retarded. I can think of at least 5 ways that jon snow could have been shown to win that battle wihtout the need for the tully cavalry. Absolutely disgusting. And how does a massive force of armored southern KNIGHTS sneak up, in the north, against RAMSAY FUCKING SNOW.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. if i needed any more evidence that the shows writers have completely divorced themselves from anything resembling a coherent plot, that was the nail in the coffin.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460523150871.jpg (18 KB, 552x269) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460523150871.jpg
18 KB, 552x269
>>29475075
>mfw torsmund giantsbane and twenty god men steal the dragons and burn all the food with wildfire and all of westoros and the sandy place cross the sea dies from blood clotting like in dexter
>>
I thought it was fantastic. It really made up for the rest of the season which felt rushed and a little forced. The scene with Euron was particularly bad.
>>
>>29474954
Nah, WunWun being unarmed and unarmored makes it shit. He was their greatest asset and last of his kind and they don't even give him a log to swing around?
>>
>>29474954
That battle scene was so fucking gay I almost got AIDS watching it. It BEGINS with one of the series' many, many last-second save-the-day gimmicks and it ENDS WITH ANOTHER ONE.

In between that, the "chosen one" superhero manages to dodge a hail of arrows as thick as fog about 17 times, which is another gimmick that would be excusable in any other show, but in one that prides itself on killing off main characters because that's more realistic? What the fuck?

Yeah, I'll give it to you that the actual visuals and audio for the combat were pretty immersive. But it's hard to take it seriously when you keep getting reminded that this is movie magic because it's a TV show where people need their feelings catered to and everyone needs the sense of relief they get when things get better for the good guy at the last second.

And that's another thing -- the clearly visible good guy/bad guy dischotomy. Some characters have a lot of gray area like Tyrion and Tywin and Jamie and Theon, but Jon Snow is a Mary Sue and Ramsay Bolton is a mustache-twirling evil-for-no-reason bad guy. At least Joffrey had incest-based insanity as an excuse for his torture lust! What the fuck am I supposed to believe, that Ramsay was just bad because he decided to be one day? There's no backstory. There's no satisfaction when he dies because his character was never developed beyond "generic evildoer."

Give me a break with this superlative bullshit. We'll forget about this show in a few years when another epic saga overtakes it with equally good sensory experience and better storytelling.
>>
>>29475075
woof. what symbolism.

you have predicted the plot my firned, i 100% now expect this to happen.

>daario naharis will be replaced with a big black bull (again)
>he will be Daenarys's consort
>Theon Greyjoy wil marry Daenarys to get support of the Iron islands

>white no dick is cucked by Jamal and cares for mixed child
>>
>>29475075
game of cucks
>>
>>29475163
the worst part about this is they straight up say that they took some inspiration from the battle of cannae, like the encirclement. what they should have done to make a really intense battle scene was just cut and paste the entire battle of cannae and do exactly what hannibal did, the tactics can be explained very simply because it's not that complicated to understand. bam, done, 10/10 potential battle scene

but nope, instead we get 10 foot high piles of bodies and cut and copied braveheart bullshit
>>
File: 1369118790276.jpg (28 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1369118790276.jpg
28 KB, 343x343
>No word of AN ENTIRE ARMY moving through the north getting to Ramsay

How. Are there no scouts? Did all the other houses keep quiet about it to get Ramsay fucked?
I had a lot of REEEEEEE moments with the battle, but that's the biggest for me.
>>
>>29475204
agreed. And sometimes they imply that Ramsay is some kind of mastermind, and then the show portrays him as an imbecile.

Case in point: Jon Snow has not see Rickon Stark at all. Why Expect him to identify rickon from 300 yards away? just send a rando in, shoot him in the back, kill Snow's troops and ransom Rikon to the highest bidder.
>>
File: pepe looking directly at camera.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
pepe looking directly at camera.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>29474977
>>29475005
>>29475065
>>29475069
>>29475072
>>29475075
>>29475106
>>29475112
>>29475163
>>29475200
>>29475204
>>29475228
>look at me hating on what's popular am I a robot yet guys? hahah look, i'm such an outsider!!!
>>
File: 1466479274792.png (170 KB, 574x574) Image search: [Google]
1466479274792.png
170 KB, 574x574
Ramsay wasn't fun to hate or a good villain or a character that made me nervous for characters I give a shit about. His invincibility until last episode was boring. They wanted a hammy victim after Joffles died without knowing what made Joff work. Then they ruin the chance to have an insane pirate king ham it up as an actual threatening villain by making Euron suck.
>>
>>29475260
the entire vale army would have to travel through moat cailin and up the kings road to get to winterfell

the boltons control moat cailin. it is impossible to attack from the south, word would have reached ramsay that the vale army is there and they want to get to the north.

it makes no sense. they just fucking teleported there

i really fucking hate this show now.
>>
>>29475163
>The stark boy runs in zigzags so the arrow doesnt hit him
>Jons Cavalry meets Ramsays Cavalry
>Giant has a tree club and aids in fucking up horses
>wildmen hustle round the cav debacle in the center, splitting into 2 different groups
>archers are now killing either equal amoumt of horses on either side or wildmen, or little bit of both instead of firing on a clumped group of Jons entire army
>nights watch hustle through the forest ferda bois for flanking
>one group of wildmen charge the archers
>other smaller group flank Cavalry who are in combat
>when pile and shield boys come out thet cant trap them
>wildmen can now rush the shields while leftover cav and nights watch outflank
>giant with club fucks wooden shields up
>c'est la victoire mes amis
I feel like sun tzu
but seriously this would have been a much more enjoyable episode if this happened right guys
no tully bullshit
>>
>>29475075
theres also a bunch of articles and bloggers saying how Sansa was the hero and badass because she brought in the knights of vale.
like my nigga jon snow has a 20/0 K/D in one match but some how Sansa getting help was more badass?
>>
>>29475233

Yes, agreed.

Tormund Giantsbane literally said "they've never seen Wildlings fight"

I expected one of 2 things:
1. Shield Wall encirclement, where everyone is real scared etc. and then realizes "oh shit we have a BIG NOT FRIENDLY GIANT. Cue Wun Wun breaking out of the shield wall with a massive mace, allowing the lightly armored and quicker wildlings to dispatch the lavies in confusion

2. Jon Snow baits Ramsay with the normal troops (after tormund "leaves" the cause) they retreat into the forest where the wildlings have conceald themsleves, and proceed to slaughter the individual troops.

Instead we got one of the worst Ex Machnias i have ever seen.

Not only that, but the tully cavalry charge a SHIELD WALL WITH SPEARS, This is not suposed to work!
>>
>>29475298
>look at me hating on what's popular
>proceeds to reply to 12 people
nice try contraricuck
>>
>>29475333
>Giant with the tree club fucks up X

This is honestly the biggest disappointment of the whole thing. Seriously. What does a standard formation of troops have to deal with a giant that can pick a man up and rip him in half?

I mean Tormund literally says "they haven't seen wildlings fight" I THOUGHT THIS WAS LITERALLY WHAT HE MEANT.
>>
>>29475298
I liked game of thrones before this.

The writers have strayed from the books, and turned it into your average run of the mill medieval nonsense movie.
>>
I wanted to see the Blackfish fuck Lannister shit up. but noooooo

>he died fighting offscreen XDDDDD 10/10 writing
>>
>>29475355
its not the tullys, it's the knights of the vale

movies don't know what to do with cavalry because they don't read up on what cavalry does in battle. they don't know the difference between heavy cavalry and light cavalry. all they do in movies is just get horses to run at each other like morons and immediately die. yea, no. horses don't charge directly into a bunch of men holding big pointy sticks, they're not retarded. most of the time heavy cavalryh charges were feints to get the untrained peasant formations to scatter.
>>
>>29475298
>wow these plebs are discussing a popular show and pointing out legitmate plotholes and having a conversatipm with the boys about their distaste with a certain battle
>haha not on my watch
>you are obviously only writing large paragraphs criticizing the show because you are some acsended form of a hipster, not because you want to discuss the fucking show
GET OUT YOU CUNT
STOP OBSESSING WITH THE STATUS OF ROBOT
>>
>>29475438
Face it. The only reason you don't like the show is because 'normies' like it.
>>
>>29475459
what you are doing is literally the antithesis of discussion. you are alike a 14 year old who just learned about sarcasm and thinks taht it's about tim ehe sits at the adult table for thanksgiving to show off his new urbane wit.

please knife yourself in the lungs.
>>
>>29475459
haha jokes on you I love Game of Thrones the books and the show and here you are implying I'm a pleb so you just played your own game and lost
this is the part where you just got fuckin roasted out the door yes sir
>>
>>29474954
Why didn't the giant rip a tree out of the ground and use it as a giant bat? It would have been really effective in breaking through the shield wall. Why do the armies in Game of Thrones make such dumb decisions in general?
>>
>>29475330
moat cailin is controlled by baelish
>>
File: Samwell_Tarly.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Samwell_Tarly.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: the character that is literally you
>>
File: 1466404713700.jpg (1 MB, 5640x4712) Image search: [Google]
1466404713700.jpg
1 MB, 5640x4712
>>29475333
>The stark boy runs in zigzags so the arrow doesnt hit him

Rickon was a scared child and well on his way to being feral even before he had to flee Winterfell to be raised by a savage. He hadn't had any lines so we don't know how in control of reason he was.
>>
File: dennis2.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
dennis2.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>29475163
It was a shitty battle, a shitty episode, and a weak season.

Apparently coming back to life has taught Jon Snow nothing, because despite knowing the numbers he allows himself to charge. He knew what their only chance was, which was to lure the Bolton army in. The whole thing was a joke. Lazy writing.
>>
File: 1466558827609.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466558827609.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>29474954
Someone hasn't watched the LoTR trilogy it seems.
>>
i still can't get over how highly people are rating this episode. it's fucking baffling. this battle is the complete opposite of what GoT used to be. this episode is like a wish fulfillment, and that is not what GoT is about. the bad guy doesn't always need to win, but this was just the complete opposite of that and it was handled so fucking poorly
>>
>>29475646

It works for LoTR because that series was basically meant to follow the feel of heroic epics. But GoT prides itself on its gritty realism, and has failed in that.
>>
>>29475646
Lord of the rings was a gay pile of boring garbage compared to Game of Thrones. I literally don't remember jack shit from those movies.

Pleb.
>>
>>29474954
I teared up at that scene ;_;
>>
>>29475065
>blackwater was shit

you dumb faggot. that was clearly the best battle and best episode in general.
>>
File: 1466615058616.jpg (801 KB, 1000x7370) Image search: [Google]
1466615058616.jpg
801 KB, 1000x7370
>>29474954
Relevant as never before
>>
File: roastbtfo.png (140 KB, 540x655) Image search: [Google]
roastbtfo.png
140 KB, 540x655
>>29475676
You're just mad that they killed your precious psycho Chad character. You're either a fucking cuntwhore roastbitch or a sodomite fagqueer.
>>
>>29475646
it's not only LoTR

if someone has watched: braveheart, LoTR, kingdom of heaven, 300, and troy, they have basically watched bits and pieces of the battles in those movies being mashed together to create this shit show of a GoT battle
>>
>>29475721
blackwater is absolutely horrible, go rewatch it. the only good part is the wildfire explosion. everything else is cheapo looking shit that belongs in a straight-to-dvd b movie piece of garbage.

seriously, watch it again, it's awful
>>
File: 1365442623763.gif (82 KB, 500x543) Image search: [Google]
1365442623763.gif
82 KB, 500x543
>>29475731

He wasn't even a chad in the books. People just pretended to like him so he wouldn't hurt him, he wasn't that bright, and he was fucking ugly. No real friends, no dogfu, and only got a girl because someone made her marry him.
>>
File: ramsay in the books.jpg (164 KB, 956x836) Image search: [Google]
ramsay in the books.jpg
164 KB, 956x836
>>29475811
Cunts don't read the books. I know what he looks like in the books but in the show he's so beloved by vagina-havers because he's le bad boy omg xddd he's so bad but sooooo cuute grrr
>>
>>29475862
ramsay will always be the rightful warden of the north, you're just mad he killed stannis

fucking stannisfags
>>
>>29475768
I've watched that episode like 4 times. Yes, it looks a little goofy when Sandor cuts the dude in half, but it has the most cool parts as well (the initial landing, the battering ram, Tyrion's raid) as well as the best acting and writing.
>>
vikings is now contender for better show because only good things GoT has left is white walker invasion and Clegane Bowl
>>
>>29474954
low budget ancient chinese battle movies are way better than this.
>>
>>29475957
fuck off back to /pol/ and stay there
>>
>>29475940
whataever, hardhome is a better battle

blackwater in the books is the best battle scene in the series, it's fucking great. in the show? ugh. small scale crap. there's like maybe 30 guys in total when they attack the beach and start fighting each other. hated it since it aired.
>>
>>29475957
They still have to wrap up Brandon's story and the remaining Starks still have to deal with Jamie and Cersei, and of course the Targaryen bitch has to deal with Euron and then take Westeros. Those are... a bit weak, honestly. Danaerys versus the high sparrow? That's not really satisfying.
>>
>>29474954
fuck off op

1. ramsay killing giant instead of jon snow with arrow. i know plot armour but shit way to show it.

2. after rickon's death, jon snow charging alone. again, i know it looks cool but for a man who is commander of "night owls" and escaped death, that was a naruto tier move.

3. wall of dead bodies - gtfo
>>
>>29475298
How is pointing out that the writers fucked up by making WunWun go into battle empty handed hating?
>>
File: 1369871978797.jpg (99 KB, 900x510) Image search: [Google]
1369871978797.jpg
99 KB, 900x510
>>29475862

Most fangirls would've jumped ship as soon as he stopped raping Theon and started raping Sansa. It would have been more satisfying to have the dog kennel death for Ramsay if Theon was there. Sansa suffered, but not to the degree and length of time Theon did.
>Stannis and Yara fight and win the battle for Winterfell
>Ramsay is taken by ironborn before Stannis can burn him, tied and put in the kennels
>Theon and Jeyne watch, holding hands as Ramsay's screams fade into the sounds of flesh tearing
It would've been like pottery, Anon.
>>
>>29475587
Cause Jon had to be in a dire situation so STRONK Darth Sansa could save the day with the knights of the vale, even though she could've just told Jon about them to begin with
>>
>>29476133
i honestly wouldn't like theon seeking revenge for what was done to him. ramsay torturing him and destroying his mind was almost a form of atonement for what he did to the starks and those kids. it just wouldn't be fitting for him as a character to seek revenge at this point, i'd say it would ruin his character.
>>
File: .jpg (60 KB, 736x1008) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
60 KB, 736x1008
>>29476244
what about Jeyne? WHAT ABOUT JEYNE??? ;-;
>>
>>29476282
well there is no jeyne in the show. in the books she will probably get killed in some uneventful way, like dying from hypothermia or something, she's stuck with stannis in the snow storm rigth now

that's something grrm would do just to make us feel bad
>>
>>29474954
I thought it was good as well. Liked how it depicted the confusion and fog of war.
>>
File: 1369975462903.jpg (82 KB, 253x800) Image search: [Google]
1369975462903.jpg
82 KB, 253x800
>>29476244
>Yara watches from a distance, expecting Theon and Jayne to be content at Ramsay tied up in the cage
>Right before he realizes he's truly fucked, Ramsay starts trying to sweet-talk Theon into getting him out
>Theon starts screaming and begging Yara to not let Ramsay suffer, Jeyne covers her ears and squeezes her eyes shut
>Yara hands Theon a bow and tells him to do it himself
>Theon's hands are too fucked up to draw the bow properly and he's also starting to cry
>Yara grabs the bow and mercy kills Ramsay for Theon
Could have been a good moment about how you can't make abuse victims stop loving their abusers sometimes.
>>
>Theon tortured, sexually abused and hinted at being raped multiple times
>Nobody cares
>Sansa raped once
>OMFG HOW COULD THE SHOW DO THIS THOSE MISOGYNIST PIGS
>Shes the one to end him
>I'M SOOOO GLAD SANSA GOT REVENGE FOR ALL THE HORRIBLE TORTURE HE PUT HER THROUGH
>>
tfw no tommen boipussy
>>
File: manlet.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
manlet.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
Horrible movie, couldn't force myself to get through the first half. Why do so many people like this garbage?
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNTk5NzU4ODYx[1].jpg (279 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNTk5NzU4ODYx[1].jpg
279 KB, 1200x1200
>>29476467

>Ramsay isn't killed by Theon
>Killed by Salsa fucking Stunk
>>
There were several retarded things about this episode, but I'll hit the big ones

>Rickon running in a straight line.
Fucking worse than retarded. Some scumbag apologist tried to say he was irrational and mind-broken but even a literal retard could figure out to run in zigzags.
>The shield wall encircles the army but barely pokes them
Literally no bigger advantage is imaginable in a battle. Instead of literally everyone ramming their spears mercilessly into the helpless pack of wildlings, the shield wall slowly shuffles their feet and gives a few pokes to the wildlings and waits for them to figure out what to do
>Wun Wun breaks down the gate solo and takes about 35 arrows in the process
Come on. You just got hundreds of reinforcements. Ramsay isn't escaping. Surround the castle and kill the like 30 guys that stayed behind the old fashioned way instead of fucking Leeroying the shit out of them.
>Sansa neglects to mention she's going to get massive reinforcements
This is the most retarded thing of all. I'll buy the whole "I don't want to tell Jon about Littlefinger out of shame blah blah blah," but once she makes the conscious decision to go find him, WHY THE FUCK WOULD SHE NOT TELL JON. If they knew, they could've waited like 3 more hours to attack, and saved hundreds of lives. Jon is obviously gonna know about Littlefinger now, so why the FUCK wouldn't she say "hey I'm gonna go see if we can get some reinforcements, give me a couple hours k?"

Obviously there are plenty others that have been mentioned before. I love the show, but this episode in particular really took some of the magic away
>>
>>29474954
how could jon tell his men apart? i couldn't see any sigils on the bolton forces during the battle.
>>
>>29476663

They had the flayed man on their helmets. But other than that, there's a reason medieval soldiers wore bright, flamboyant colors which D&D seem to have not been able to figure out.
>>
this show is nothing but normie wish fulfillment now

can't blame them, gotta pander to your audience
>>
>>29475163
Arryn calvary, learn the sigils pleb
Of course that brings up even more bullshit since the vale is thousands of fucking miles away but somehow the army shows up in a matter of days
>>
I wish danyerus was still naked all the time

not because she is especially attractive, but just the fact that any time you saw her there was a 50% chance of tits was really hot for some reason idk

also that scene earlier this season where they tore her clothes off but still didn't show anything just seemed so unusual and jarring for game of thrones, especially coming off that 15 minute full frontal nude walk at the end of season 5
>>
I liked it but other things this season lead me to believe it possibly jumped this shark this year.
>>
>>29475333
>Using the giant in melee instead of artillery
Why is everyone so bad at delegating giants?
>>
>>29477486
He can't throw shit that far. He's not a trebuchet.

If he gets within range, he'd be pelted by arrows. THINK
>>
>>29476636
>fucking Leeroying the shit out of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0dA9eUP85s

hehe
>>
the battle of bastards was the high point of this entire season. everything else has been fucking garbage. the CG looks like a high school grad animated it, the dialogue has been cringey, they forgot how to do exposition, most every plot point has been predictable and boring, and whenever they get the chance they ram MUH STRONK WOMYN bullshit down your fucking throat.
>>
>>29477514
He would use a massive crossbow with bolts at least 3 times the size of fence posts or any other destructive ammunition.
>T-that can't be made
The catapults are proof of the materials existing. I blame everyone involved in giant warfare in GoT for being retarded.
Also, why do giants insist on wearing pelt instead of Gregor tier armor, how many years have they had to hone warfare?
>>
>>29477627
none of the wildlings use plate, or even chain. why would one of the most primitive kinds of wildlings use plate armour unless it was provided? how would it have been provided in between the wildlings going south of the wall and the march to winterfell?
>>
>>29477627
They only exist north of the wall and wildlings are total tardos at siege and combat engineering. The wildlings are 'tarded in general.
>>
File: 1457043553870.png (124 KB, 317x326) Image search: [Google]
1457043553870.png
124 KB, 317x326
>>29475298
>buttblasted showfag getting mad at how shit his show is
>>
>>29477627

>nomadic tribes in a desolate frozen wasteland
>having time to mine and refine metals for smithing
>>
>>29474954

is there a reason he's trying to fight an entire cavalry line by himself, on foot?

i liked that the books had some semblance of realism...
>>
>>29477720
he got successfully baited into the middle of the battlefield, and then the enemy cavalry charged him. his army swooped in to save his ass seconds later.
>>
>>29477657
I could maybe excuse the wildlings, but for giants to exist alongside the children, bother having to deal with armored men, and the children somehow making dragonglass for the nights watch but never gain armor spells/tech is bizarre. There was an entire black market trade with bringing decent westerosi weapons to wildings beyond the wall, it's weird they wouldn't want to arm some of their best weapons properly.
In the stay at the gift I assume they would have wanted to resume collecting armaments, but as you guys say, I guess they are just retarded.
>>
>>29477720

Why don't you just watch the scene and find out you negger
>>
>Jon blocking arrows with a shield from 10 feet away
lol no. A long bow fires arrows at somewhere around 150-175 fps. that gives Jon between .05 and .07 seconds to react. He would have to be 3 times as fast as a normal human to block the arrow that way.
>>
>>29474954
In addition to everything in this thread, the dragons, the ice monsters, and the black magic have all been really underwhelming elements of the show. In a world where witches can alter their appearance and brig the dead to life, dragons the size of suburban homes blot out the skies, and snow zombies are plotting to rape the world of men apart, the show is alarmingly focused on showing how strong women can be and on the petty greivances between families and individuals.

Why didn't anyone tell the boltons or the lannisters about the snow demons? Wouldn't... wouldn't someone think it was a good idea to alert some of the more powerful houses to the fact that a world-ending massacre was on the doorstep?
>>
>>29477768

>The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.
>>
>>29477768
Maybe he came back 2 times as strong after dende revived him.
>>
>>29477768
the nigger died and came back to life
he can do anything he wants
>>
>>29476636
I entertain the idea that Sansa wanted the majority of john's men to die. That way she would be in a better position to take over afterwords.
>>
>>29477778
>sansa stands in the war room completely silent while jon, redbeard, and onion knight discuss battle plan
>after redbeard and onion knight leave sansa bitches jon out about "DIDN'T YOU THINK I'D HAVE ANYTHING VALUABLE TO CONTRIBUTE?" and browbeats him about how fucking stupid his plan is
>jon begs her for her ideas on how to win the battle
>she admits she doesn't have any fucking ideas
>jon doesn't slap her and walk out for some reason
>>
>>29477778
Because those are just tales to scare children
>:V)
>>
>>29477768
He could have simply held up the shield in front of his vitals and charged ramsay. He didn't need to raise and lower it to block the shots for dramatic effect.
>>
>>29474954
That episode was shit. The past two seasons have been total shit.
>>
>>29474954
cinematography is on fleek but without the writing it's just so god damn boring and cliche. Season 6 is a monstrosity, jon snow hardly said anything it was like he was mute, and Sansa is some strong independent womyn with 4 letter words in each 3 word sentences for each scene she is in. It's absolutely horrible how bad they're writing
>>
>>29477752
>the children somehow making dragonglass for the nights watch but never gain armor spells/tech is bizarre

the children don't have armour, though. maybe anti-walker magic would've helped the wildlings or something, but the children don't have mines and smithies.

just a guess here, but i think it might have something to do with the fact that wildlings live largely nomadic lives and huge, unwieldy armour is a bitch to trek around in (or carry) through the freezing wilderness, getting armour from westeros would be enough of a pain in the ass without trying to get giant-sized armour too.

if wun wun hadn't have gotten killed, i would've liked to see him turned into a siege engine.
>>
File: 1462411404347.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1462411404347.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
When the dwarf guy shot his dad on the toilet, that was the last important thing to happen in the show
Absolutely nothing has happened since then worth mentioning
>>
When Jon was punching Ramsay I thought for sure he was gonna stab him with the knife on his back.
>>
>>29477915
didn't he throw it away with his scabbard on the battlefield? or did he have another one?
>>
>>29477889
and that's coming from an illiterate dumb fuck like myself.

It's completely awful, I can't stop cringing and thinking how stupid the word choice is. It's so fucking bad
>>
>>29477844
Summarized:
>Sansa stands stone silent in war room
>Sansa bitches out Jon for not including her
>Jon says sorry, asks her ideas
>"i dunno lol but Ramsay is a meanie so be careful"
>battle begins
>battle goes terribly
>Sansa shows up with a huge cavalry army
>"oops i forgot to mention Jon, i gave the vale a ringy dingy and asked for ponymen and it looks like they right ready for a row innit, maybe you coulda waited just 15 minutes before you rushed an army twice your size"
>>
>>29477768
He isn't reacting from the time the arrow leaves the bow. He's reacting from the time Ramsay takes aim. He lowers the shield so he has vision of Ramsay as he charges to make sure he doesn't aim for his legs or somewhere unprotected, then once he sees him fully drawn, he blocks where he's aiming. He's made the calculation of where the arrow is going to go before it left the bow; he just needs to know if he should protect his face or his body
>>
File: rome season 3.png (456 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rome season 3.png
456 KB, 600x400
>>29474954
As someone who enjoys history, I can tell you the battle was hollywood shit.
>>
>>29477950
then Ramsay could obviously just aim somewhere else when Jon was blocking.
>>
>>29477942
She showed those silly boys that a woman DOES know a thing or two
>>
>>29477914
That's exactly what I thought, too. Tywin was the de facto king in a vaccum of power created by his shit-idiot of a daughter and her reasonless murderlust. Tywin was running everything and acted as the primary node of power in the Lannister family and in King's Landing. Now that whole city is just a sad clusterfuck of aimless idiocy with a naive boy king with a whore wife being brainwashed by an old zealot. There's nothing meaningful in King's Landing to overcome, not for the Starks, not for Danaerys. It will be anticlimactic when either party reaches the city to take their vengeance.
>>
>>29477977
>turning Caesar into some irrelevant old-lady-looking faggot who gets burned alive
>>
how many more fucking seasons is it gonna take for the war with the zombies?

I hope we get to see the ending. the author is a fat fuck and looks like he'll drop dead any second now. he better finish the fucking series
>>
>>29477977

It was fun, visually appealing and well-choreographed. If you want realism watch a re-enactment.
>>
>>29478060
he has told the showkikes how it ends. there will be one, maybe two more seasons.
>>
File: Vp1n5A14.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Vp1n5A14.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>yfw you realize this slut has been trying to get to kings landing for 6 seasons
>tfw little finger apparently travels the seven kingdoms in one day
>>
>>29478089
she spent a season getting raped, a season wandering the desert, and 4 seasons trying to free le poor abused slaves. now she's really focused on king's landing for the first time.
>>
>>29478089
that's not a valid criticism. Littlefinger was a powerful man on day 1 of the series and he only had to travel alone with his money to pay his way Danaerys was a naive inexperienced young girl who had her pussy hocked for a barbarian army, got pregnant nad had a magical miscarriage, then set herself on fire before she even began accumulating power, which she only just finished doing in the very last evpisode, and even after that, she STILL has to finish the wars she started in the slave cities.

Not valid. Not a good criticism at all.
>>
File: the waif.jpg (85 KB, 768x520) Image search: [Google]
the waif.jpg
85 KB, 768x520
>>29478089
shes a low energy character
>>
File: .jpg (479 KB, 1008x1620) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
479 KB, 1008x1620
>>29478193
She was cute. Why did she have to die? ;-;
>>
File: 1466213988035.png (317 KB, 974x558) Image search: [Google]
1466213988035.png
317 KB, 974x558
>>29478299

Her face is in the House, Anon.
Jaquen will fix it and she will walk the earth again when she is needed.
>>
File: Ramsay.gif (799 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay.gif
799 KB, 500x264
>>29476467
This.

>mfw a roastie actually said GoT was disproportionately violent towards women
>>
>>29475075
Is it me or has this show gotten steadily more sjw this season?
>>
>>29478584
Yes. It is literally a girl power soap opera now. All the characters have been flanderized. The first few seasons are still fun to rewatch though.
>>
>>29474954
big got fan here. It was cinematicly the best. at the sufication scene i swear i could feel sufficating myself. but logical it wasnt. just a little bit to predictable.
>>
>Complaints about the episode revolve mostly around combat choreography realism
> In a tv show
What do you think you ate watching? A documentary? It's a tv show for big audiences. You try to play smart by quoting all this amazing military knowledge, but come off as dumb by not realizing where you are.
Why do you even bother watching the show if all you do is look for the flaws and unstoppably complain about them? For seven's sake, I heard someone on /tv/ complaining about the horn when sansa and cia arrived. "it wasn't loud enough".
Give us a break. After 4 weak episodes we finally have the best one in the season and one of the top in the whole series, and you still manage to find reasons to complain.
Yes, there were mistakes. Yes, there were inaccuracies. Yes there were plot holes. Just like any other fictional story, either in cinema or literature, and specially on tv. We put all those things aside in a process called suspension of disbelief. If you are so beyond redpilled,so fucking enlightened and knowledgeable that you can no longer turn off your contrarian goggles to enjoy a show, why the hell are you watching it? Just piss off and let the rest of us enjoy our "plebeian, historically inaccurate" series.
>>
>>29474954
Fucking shills I hate this board. Go to /tv/, you jack off.
>>
>>29479184
it's difficult to suspend disbelief when the flaws are so major. I'm willing to believe in dragons and magic and that a woman could beat the hound, but when Sansa simply neglects to mention that she might be able to turn the tides with the knights of the vale? that's just sloppy writing used to deliver that gay little sense of relief you're supposed to get when things go from bad to good at the end of the battle. It's cheap and obvious and it ruins the experience for me.
>>
>>29479241
> Hiding something from the expectator so they get the surprise finale
If that ruins the episode to you, then turn off the tvy friend. And stay away from Hollywoodian titles.
The bigger problem here is that I have 78% of certainty that this doesn't really ruin the experience for any of you, if you have made this far in the season. It's just your uncontrollable urge to complain about every possible detail.
How hard it is to understand that sansa wasn't hiding a major truth from her brother. She was hiding it from us, so we wouldn't be spoilered about the end of the battle. If that's too much for you to grasp, just leave it and stop watching then.
You like to play mister smart ass too good for tv shows, but sometimes, I'll tell you what
>>
>>29476636
>Leeroying

What?
>>
>>29479349
>I can't accept this shows writing gets worse and worse the farther away from the books it gets and it makes me feel bad that people point out the flaws in this super smart complicated show that I understand buy my friends dont

And since you'll probably ask I watch to see what bits GRRM told dumb and dumber to put in the show so I can get a fix for the actual story while I wait for him to finish the books
Winds of winter is supposed to be out this year's but the rumor mill is already churning saying it's been delayed to 2017
>>
File: lindy.jpg (8 KB, 178x228) Image search: [Google]
lindy.jpg
8 KB, 178x228
>>29478070
realism would make it more fun, or maybe I'm wrong, maybe normies would be too dumb to appreciate seeing tactics unfold and prefer a random clusterfuck
>>
>>29474954
No because your show is objectively shit.
>>
>>29478584
yes
jews took over writing
>>
>>29475419
Instead they spent time showing comedic relief with cock joke dwarf who drinks wine and his two side kicks translator woman and that other guy. Inexcusable.
You'd really think they'd have the budget for it.
They didn't show Arya fighting that assassin chick either.
>>
>>29475436

Youre right i dont know why i keep saying Tully's >.<
>>
>>29476241
I think she did, but Jon rushed in because muh Rickon
>>
>>29476607
but he RAPED HER ;_;
>>
>>29477071
they just use CG now anyways
the Cersei walk last season and Daenerys scene after burning dothraki earlier this season was painfully obvious
>>
>>29477427
Season 5 jumped the shark really
>>
>>29477889
>cinematography is on fleek
Sometimes it's good. They used these random found footage-esque zoom ins occasionally this episode that was fucking horrible though.
>>
>>29475204
Lmao you think you can start a respectable argument with 'gave me AIDS'
No wonder why you're here
>>
>>29479184
tldr but it's just not what the show has been about earlier which is why people didn't expect a video game battle
>>
>>29479184
>Where did you think we are
Apologists are why this shit will never get better. Fuck you and your low bar.
Notice most didn't say the ep was bad for what it was, just that they wanted more.
Oh well, get me to respond
>>
>greyjoy woman and Daenerys talking to each other
>there's this guy who doesn't want a woman to rule, he should die
>they nod to each other
not a female power fantasy they said
>>
>>29475344
Lol you made me laugh you funny guy
Heres 15 GBP
>>
>>29475005
There's only like 12 or 16 episodes left. I don't know how much more they can really extend anything. Shit has to start coming to a close here soon.
>>
>>29475005
they already have evil blue man coming from the north
Daenerys will come in and fight him and it will finally be a song of fire and ice
pottery
>>
The battle scene itself was great, but that Lotr-esque Ex Machina at the end was a real let-down
>>
>>29481612
>uses being here as an insult
>is here
why are you such a faggot?
>>
It was mostly good.
There were some great visuals.
There was also some retarded shit that was difficult to ignore (unarmed giant, shield wall completely surrounding Jon's forces with ease).

One of the better episodes in the last couple of seasons. The fight against the wildlings at the wall was better overall though for 'battles'.

It made be realize I don't care about battle scenes in Game of Thrones though.

Give me tits, give me political intrigue, give me dumb dialogue to laugh at, don't give me a straight half an hour of gratuitous large scale violence because I am going to get tired and disgusted by it.
>>
>>29475992
That's because in China the production studios don't need to rely on special effects and camera tricks to make cutting a person in half look realistic.
>>
>>29481865

>not a single turncloak

>against the bastid that openly killed Roose Bolton
>against the bastid that just minutes ago killed the (presumably) last trueborn son of Eddard Stark

Nigger made enemies on BOTH sides and yet everyone fought for him anyway?
>>
>Ramsay not getting 20 good men to fuck up snow.

that was the real problem with that episode.
>>
>>29474954
Any of the battles from troy were better.
>>
>>29481997
Their banner is a flayed man and they just kill everyone brutally, I don't get why anyone would serve them. Showing more people opposing the Boltons and getting wrecked would've helped.
Joffrey was more believable in terms of that.
>>
more like game of BORED
>>
>>29475333
The plan at the start was to pull a hannibal and have Ramsey charge, then get surrounded. That went to shit when Jon decided to do his lame solo charge and Davos had to send the calvary to save him. They were now doing the exact opposite of their original plan, letting Ramsey do it instead.

The pincer would have been hard to pull off with the archers and clear field of vision anyway, Jons only hope was to stay disciplined and hope Ramsay overreached. Of course, he didn't, and killed most of his army because of "muh anger, muh pride".
>>
File: bolton.jpg (112 KB, 472x624) Image search: [Google]
bolton.jpg
112 KB, 472x624
rest in pieces to the greatest warden of the north
>>
>>29475640
That was the whole point, they had the plan and didn't stick to it because of Jons character flaws.

That isn't a lapse in writing its exactly what they wanted to portray.
>>
>>29475163
>Implying Smalljon didn't get you hype as fuck
WHO OWNS THE NORTH
WHO OWNS THE NORTH
SHOW ME
>>
>>29474954
it's literally cgi: the fight. completely unengaging, plastic and hollow-feeling. it felt exactly like i strapped on an oculus rift and stood there watching the battle rage on around me, but being completely unaffected because i know it's all just computer generated images. shit show and shit fanbase claiming this to be some kind of masterpiece.
>>
>>29475355
>Tully
No you stupid cuck
>Charge into a shield wall
No you stupid cuck, they hit them from behind, did you even watch the episode?
>>
>>29474954
I had forgotten about Little Finger i was like

WTF when he came in
>>
>>29475065
Do you the meaning of cliche?
>>
>>29484026
i obviously don't. nope i am completely wrong, it was totally original and wasn't just a mash up of LoTR, braveheart, kingdom of heaven, troy, and 300
>>
>>29475298
4chan is contrarian and elitist as fuck what do you expect
>>
>>29475075
>>>/pol/

And don't ever come back here
>>
>>29484071
Cliche is a subjective concept reliying completely on the audiance that views it. I never understood it as an insult, because its basically saying I've seen it too often there for it's not good.

Remember the 6th sense ending. For a lot of people that was an amazing twist , but then everyone started doing and it became boring. If i experienced a twist like that prior to seeing the film I'd be unimpressive, but because it's my first time it's amazing.

Tldr
Saying something is cliche implys that the person viewing is an avid viewer of that genre.

But desu I understand someone wanting to see something new if they've seen it so many times before.
>>
>>29475333
The Night's watch CANNOT get involved in affairs of the realm, they would not follow Jon to war with the Boltons.

>>29475333
>>29475163
>>29475355
>Tully
Those are Arryn soldiers, not fucking Tullys.
>>
File: house bolton.jpg (110 KB, 472x624) Image search: [Google]
house bolton.jpg
110 KB, 472x624
fucking hate all the characters that are still alive
I was an edgy bolton missile since Ramsay first appeared
I'm actually the guy who made this image >>29483696 fuck you by the way for making me get a duplicate file error
now Ramsay is dead in the shittiest most fan fiction-esque way possible
the only other character I kind of liked was stannis
I'm seriously debating not watching the final
what's the point
>>
>>29474954
I hate game of thrones and the SJW and Femenist propaganda is just cringeworthy. I stopped watching the show since second season (first season was awesome and faithful to the book). It just turned into basically a teen drama.

That being said....
The battle of the Bastards simply was one of the best war battles in any film or tv show.

Show is still shit though.
>>
File: pol.jpg (126 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
126 KB, 546x700
>>29484341
>SJW and Feminist propaganda
though I do agree they're diverging too far from the book and the show is going downhill FAST, it almost wish fulfilment fanfic at this point
>>
>>29484313
Ramsey was great until he started becoming a main villain instead of a smaller one. Roose getting stabbed was bullshit and totally out of character of him to get caught like that by his known psychopath son when the heir was just born.
>>
>>29484293
so basically what you're saying is you have never watched any medieval type of movies with battle scenes, because seriously, it was the same shit that is in basically all of them

hero charging first - same thing aragorn did in lotr
villain shooting arrows into his own men - king did it in braveheart
horses charging straight into each other and dying immediately - literally every movie with a horse charge
shield wall - this isn't as common, but it's been getting popular ever since 300 came out. last kingdom did it, 300 did it, vikings does it
an army comes in at the last minute to save the day - same shit from a million other movies, even GoT did this before with blackwater
ground view of chaotic battle - saving private ryan

the only thing original in this was the 30 second suffocation scene, having a giant that doesn't do much anyway, and the pile of bodies
>>
>>29484313
>I was an edgy bolton missile

Why would anyone support that house?
>>
File: thanksdavos.png (31 KB, 872x216) Image search: [Google]
thanksdavos.png
31 KB, 872x216
I like Davos ,but I'm seriously surprised he is still alive on the show.
>>
>>29484388
Latest episode had Sansa saving the day and Daenerys and Greyjoy woman talking about how great it is that Greyjoy woman's going to rule instead of Theon. When Greyjoy woman and Daenerys talked about a guy who didn't want a woman to rule she said he deserves death and nodded to each other. That's just in the latest episode, don't get me started on sneks.
It's hilarious how blatant it is.
>>
>>29484431
>did this before with Blackwater AND The Wall
>>
File: 1421027000753.png (213 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
1421027000753.png
213 KB, 624x624
>>29484313
can you make some more bolton wojacks, i need them for the /got/ thread on /tv/
>>
>>29484546
the stannis wall charge is cool though so i give that one a pass, it wasn't exactly during a battle, it happened during a parley, so that may be why i think it's fine
>>
File: 100.gif (83 KB, 395x281) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
83 KB, 395x281
>>29475163
>THE GIANT IS NOT EQUIPPED WITH A WEAPON
I couldn't get over this. He could have destroyed any armored fortification or phalanx in a single blow, wiping out dozens of men and striking fear into their hearts. Give him some fucking armor while you're at it, anything even some bark tied together god damnit.

He could have turned the tide of the battle.
>>
>John
This is a character that regularly showed that he is stupid and runs on emotions only. He is plot armored to he'll, but not a Mary sue. Him trying to save his brother is consistent with his character, even to the point of telegraphing it. The charge after baiton stark, got shot was actually a smarter move than going back at that point. Once you're in arrow range, you want to close the distance fast. The dumb move was his army following.

>the zigzag
If you use this argument, you're a idiot that watches to many movies, and have no military training. It's about as stupid as barrel rolling. The objective is to get to cover as fast as possible. Zigzaging, can double or triple the time you're in a kill zone. No matter how unpredictable you think you are, you aren't. Your only giving the enemy more time to shoot you. The kid was screwed no matter what in a open field.

>Sansa
She is either the dumbest bitch ever, or she is plotting on a level that I can't see for goals I can't imagine.

>wunwun
No excuse. Should have been strapped. Could have been used a hundred better ways than just being an arrow sponge.

Over all pretty decent, but I wouldn't call it the greatest battle in movies, but as a TV show can't think of a better one. The "one shot" take was decent. The Jon climbing out the bodies good. It was one of the first completely fan service Eps of the series, but at least it was done well.
>>
>>29484438
Because they saved thousands of lives by planning the red wedding, after Robb Betrayed the north

Because they are the only house the owns up to how terrible they are. When Roose says "A flayed man has no secrets" he isn't talking about the person being flayed, he is talking about the Boltons themselves, they don't hide behind honor or heraldry like the Starks or the Tyrells or anyone else. They embrace the ruthlessness needed to rule.
>>
File: rooselooseboosepoose.gif (979 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
rooselooseboosepoose.gif
979 KB, 500x263
>>29484953
>a peaceful land, a quiet people

roose would have been a 10/10 king
>>
>>29484491
>Sansa
isn't a woman but Boy George on a horse
>>
>>29484929
>John
>h
stopped reading
>>
>>29484929
>>Sansa
>She is either the dumbest bitch ever, or she is plotting on a level that I can't see for goals I can't imagine.
she wants to rule and little finger already whispered in her ear to take Jon down at some point. she will betray Jon. we shouldn't forget how enamored she was with Geoffrey and the prospect of being queen. She was a selfish little cunt and nothing has changed
>>
File: 3377080-anton+chigurh.jpg (30 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
3377080-anton+chigurh.jpg
30 KB, 500x367
>>29485050
>Geoffrey

you make me sick
>>
>>29477768
>feet
>fps
Just stop.
>>
File: .jpg (283 KB, 600x972) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
283 KB, 600x972
>>29484996
>would have
Would be*

He is LITERALLY a vampire skinchanger. That ain't no bullshit either.
>>
File: changes.jpg (686 KB, 1202x2115) Image search: [Google]
changes.jpg
686 KB, 1202x2115
How they grow.
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.