[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting weights is soooooooo fucking boring. Any alternatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: 1466574366045.jpg (36 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1466574366045.jpg
36 KB, 313x313
Lifting weights is soooooooo fucking boring.
Any alternatives I could try?
>>
>>29473981
Try becoming a tranny instead. It is much more fun.
>>
>>29473981
lift harder. if it's boring you're not lifting enough or long enough. It's endorphin release, actually try and you'll feel it.
The only other alternative is sucking dick.
>>
>>29473981
Any activity that doesn't require you to concentrate for longer than 5 minutes. Wouldn't want to lengthen your attention span
>>
go into the woods and lift logs
>>
>>29473981
it's not boring if you don't suck at it. you are just a weak fatty with no drive to become great.

>alternatives
suicide
>>
>>29473981
Anabolic Steroids and methamphetamine
>>
Surfing , rock climbing, Bjj
>>
>>29474098
the only true method to gains
>>
Go for a run. Enjoy that runner's high.
>>
>>29474301
Doesn't running wreck your heels or something?
>>
>>29474315
Only if you have shit form or extremely shitty shoes.
>>
>>29474315
your knees. your pounding your entire upper body weight plus gravity onto your knees needlessly and repeatedly. running should be an escape from danger, use other shit for cardio.
>>
>>29474174
These anon. Martial arts and other sports are a great way to stay in shape, however if your looking to build serious muscle then youll need to lift. Personally i found that if i shift my focus and try to view lifting as more of a meditative practice ive come to enjoy it 10000x more.
>>
>>29474355
http://www.livescience.com/36241-5-experts-answer-running-bad-knees.html
http://www.everydayhealth.com/news/what-joint-docs-say-about-running/
http://www.npr.org/2011/03/28/134861448/put-those-shoes-on-running-wont-kill-your-knees
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/12/04/is-running-actually-bad-for-your-knees.html
Myth busted.

Stop being a wuss and go for a run.
>>
>>29473981
Who is this and why is she so beautiful?
>>
>>29474355
That's running on concrete mane

Running on grass is okay
>>
>>29474315
>>29474301
>>29474355
>running
>not swimming
swimming is the exact same cardio workout except no stress on joints
I prefer lake swimming alone so no one would see, but I rarely do it, even though I enjoy it.
>>
>>29474442
>.com
>dot
>com
nice try.
keep running, cuck, have fun with arthritis at 30
>>
>>29474529
>humans are literally designed for running
>im not going to do it because its unhealthy
??????????
>>
>>29474557
humans are designed for walking, only running when in danger. nice try, bud.
>>
>>29474557
>designed

Actually you wouldn't think so if you knew how many things can go wrongwe with your feet

Bunions for instance
>>
>>29474557
My dad used to do a lot of running in his youth and now he's dead.
Checkmate, runcuck.
>>
>>29474606
Sound like he just ran out of time
>>
>>29474606
FUCKING THlS
>>
>>29474572
>>29474596
but we're the only animals on Earth that can keep a good speed for a very long distance.
literally made to run.
>>
>>29474681
>can't use arms to propel ourselves
sure bud.
>>
go play a sport.
>>
The actual lifting weights part isn't that fun

Its the pump and seeing results thats fun
>>
File: 7360161_orig.jpg (108 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
7360161_orig.jpg
108 KB, 900x599
>>29473981
The benefits of lifting far outweigh it being boring. Just do it.
Alternatives are surfing, rock climbing, martial arts training, etc

Surfing is the true patrician's choice and if you live near a beach and don't surf you're a huge cuck.
>>
>>29474624
You are a filthy savage and I love you for it.
>>
>>29473981
If weight lifting is boring, then you're clearly not pushing yourself. It's the challenge that is not boring.
>>
Lifting weights is depressing and /fit/ people are the most annoying ones you'll ever meet. Just do basic cardio so your heart doesn't fail and keep it at that.
>>
>>29474789
This. Gym monkeys are retards. It's either done by gays or people wanting to impress roasties.

>hurr maybe if I take roids and look like a cartoon character women will look at me as a human being
>>
>>29474789
What should I do for cardio?
I have an exercise bike.
>>
>>29474885
An exercise bike is perfect because you don't have to leave the house. Just use that for 30 minutes a day and you'll be perfectly healthy.
>>
Professional wrestling is like doing weightlifting, cardio, acrobatics, improv, stuntwork, and theatre all at the same time. Much more excitement and variety than just doing some 3x5 routine in a bland, grey gym or jogging on some dull, boring track. Unless you're over forty then it's not too late to give it a try.
>>
>>29474082

This is good, manual logging. Also carrying around and working with a chainsaw for a full day,
>>
I got to 7 days
>>
>>29474596
Bunions are caused by shoes.
If your lifestyle had biological integrity you will not have feet problems.
>>
I started swiming, dont wanna get fit just don be a piece of shit.
>>
>>29476096
swimming is amazing for you. it burns more calories than running, works out everything, and is easy as hell on all your joints since you're not pounding on a surface
>>
>>29473981
Crossfit is good.
>>
>>29473981
Martial Arts

It makes every part of your body stronger. It gives you endurance and flexibility. And most importantly, you're learning a skill
>>
>>29477171
go to hell crossfag
>>
Combat training for the day of the rope with your right wing death squad comrades.
>>
>>29474749
Doesn't matter. He is still right. Most animals can only sprint a few hundred meters and then have to walk again. Humans can go into running mode for hours IF they are trained.
>>
>>29478563

what is a horse

youre fucking retarded
>>
lift weights in front of a TV
>>
>>29473981
you need clear goals and a good routine, if you just go to the gym to pick weights up and put them down to be healthy it's boring. If you have goals lifting turns into a real life mmo

>>29478591
when trained humans can run longer than a horse, humans are not the fastest or strongest animals in nature but they are the best at running for a long time
>>
>>29478591
Horses can't even run the whole Kentucky derby
>>
>>29478591
Horses are good for carrying your shit over longs distances, but they are shit for speed concerning anything other than a short attack sprint.

You know nothing about horses, do you?
>>
>>29474476
>lake swimming

Sounds like a good way to catch a disease.
>>
>>29473981
how bout try lifting heavier weights fag
>>
>>29473981
wow it's like you want to be a loser.
>>
Lifting is boring I agree but the buzz you get afterwards is worth it.

There isn't anything that will give you the same results either, not even sports. Every sportsman you see with a good body lifts, no exception.
>>
>>29473981
As others pointed out, doing sports that you find at least somewhat interesting might help if you're looking to get more fit rather than looking to build muscle asap for the sake of "gains" and whatnot.

If you do want to gain muscle for gains, it might be worth considering doing some calisthenics instead.
I personally find that less boring than just lifting weights as it can more easily be spiced up to avoid the dull repetitive drag I find is weightlifting.
As someone who can't be arsed to head to a gym every time and is too cheap to pay for such a thing to begin with, the fact that calisthenics works with body-weight lifting and thus can be done pretty much anywhere - including at home by simply getting off your chair in between browsing 4chan or playing vidya - is a big advantage.
>>
every robot should be into skating, just saying
you dont need nobody to do it, no team, no friends, and the core of the whole thing is literally "fuck'em"

>>>/asp/1390762

fat people can do it, skinny fucks can do it, small and tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRZoqUTD5M

and guess what other skaters actually appreciate that you're out there tyring your hardest even if u suck so just go out there and skate

http://gnartifact.com/

its the anti chad culture, any jockish behavior is frowned upon in the whole skate scene. being weird and being yourself is the core of the whole thing.
>>
File: 666666666654444.jpg (146 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
666666666654444.jpg
146 KB, 1024x640
I'll just do 30 mins on exercise bike and maybe some callisthenics from now on.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>29473981
Climbing
>>
>>29480203
Enjoy staying small
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.