[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how hard is it to get an aspergers diagnosis at age 19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14
File: image.png (44 KB, 455x350) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44 KB, 455x350
always had trouble with social stuff and i fit most of all the signs but my parents never got me diagnosed because they didnt want the govt to label me but i think it would be a gppd rhing to know for sure. how long is the process?
>>
>>29472270
I got it at 22. Not that hard if you actually have it.
>>
why would you want an aspergers diagnosis
>>
>>29472289
i passed all the online test things and i fit the obsessive part (collected petty things obsessivly fpr years and years, used to wash my hands until they bled, etc) and the social stuff too but im worried that if i go and the person decides that im not i will lok like a total idiot
>>
File: smhtbhfam.jpg (404 KB, 956x788) Image search: [Google]
smhtbhfam.jpg
404 KB, 956x788
Post your scores if you're man enough.

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

Are there even any benefits to being diagnosed? I mean your life feels totally normal, but you're just bad at life.
>>
>>29472308
I want the answer to this, too. I'm very clearly an aspuie and have been wondering for about a year if I should even bother with getting a diagnosis. The only actual benefit I could see being conferred by it is being considered with more weight in applications for places that aim for "diversity."
>>
>>29472334
>Washing hands until they bleed is an obsessive thing

I used to rub my anus with toilet paper until a tiny speck of blood appeared, but I never thought much of it. I just felt I simply had to have a clean asshole.

I've never collected anything throughout my entire life though.

>>29472536
here
>>
>>29472579
Why would anyone want to hire a socially retarded aspie? Not even diversity can justify that.
>>
>>29472536
>Are there even any benefits to being diagnosed?
At my government job its legally considered a disability so I am able to use it to get an extra break daily but my manager does not mind because I am about 3 times as productive as everyone else.
>>
File: image.png (211 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
211 KB, 640x1136
>>29472536
just retook it and got half and half but whatever i guess
>>
>>29472270
Same boat OP. I literally got diagnosed today.
I'm 19; two days to become 20.
Who knows what will come from this.
>>
>>29472874
What were you before?
>>
>>29472938
i had it on my laptop before it broke and it was like 120 for the neurodiverse part and 80 something for neurotypical
>>
File: Aspietest.png (130 KB, 810x775) Image search: [Google]
Aspietest.png
130 KB, 810x775
Is this bad or good? Honestly not sure.
>>
>>29472334
It doesn't sound like you have it man
>>
File: 1466287738902.jpg (33 KB, 651x512) Image search: [Google]
1466287738902.jpg
33 KB, 651x512
>>29472603
same with the asshole

recently discovered baby wipes and putting finger in anus.

I love having a clean ass.

IMAGINE ALL THE GIRLS WITH DIRTY ASSHOLES!

Once I saw a girl go in the bathroom. No toilet paper. Went in after, there was a turd!
>mfw
>>
File: aspie.png (105 KB, 687x594) Image search: [Google]
aspie.png
105 KB, 687x594
>>29472536

I once brought up the subject of going to the head doctor place to my mom, she revealed to me that I was actually tested for autism when I was a kid, but she insisted that I was just a slow child and I guess they they just stopped testing me.

I don't know how much it would've changed, but it would've been nice to realize it sooner. I've thought about eventually trying to get a official diagnoses just to settle it, but I don't see much point to doing so, I'll still be doomed as a virgin with no friends.
>>
File: lolsperg.png (106 KB, 925x665) Image search: [Google]
lolsperg.png
106 KB, 925x665
>>29472536
Here's mine. I have the same question.

>>29472632
Because I'm phenomenally competent and very talented. That's the thing. I often feel like I perform so well, as a result of having to learn how to do so, that people don't realize how much basic shit I really struggle with.

Besides, in the last job I worked, they had two literally retarded people working. That certainly wasn't a hiring-for-competence move. Well, maybe it was with one of them, but not for the other.

>>29473262
I was a child of the mid-90's, so there wasn't an autism fad yet. It was ADHD that they tried to peg me with. Wanted to put me on ritalin. Said that I "learned everything just fine, but the wrong way." Whatever that means. Anyway, my dad said, "Fuck that" and that was the end of it.

Did wind up going to therapy for "sensory processing disorder," though.
>>
>>29473058
Ew. I'm torn as to which is more disgusting. The nasty anuses, or the finger in the butt.
>>
File: nailintheskeltal.png (166 KB, 700x798) Image search: [Google]
nailintheskeltal.png
166 KB, 700x798
this actually gives me some comfort. I have a couple chad friends, a couple tendie friends.

>>29473262
good score bro

>>29473430
there is no autism fad, its just autism
>>
>>29472536
Neurodiverse: 142/200
Neurotypical: 79/200

My entire life explained.
>>
File: 1463012034532.jpg (29 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1463012034532.jpg
29 KB, 412x430
>>29473430
>tfw dad tells me I do everything backwards
>>
>>29473430
That's probably how it went with me. In high school it seemed like everyone was on some kind of adhd drug, though I'm convinced half of them just did it to study better.
I had to take reading tutoring and speech therapy all through elementary school. The reading tutoring took and all I did was just constantly read during school until sophomore year. Never talked to anybody as a result.

I think most of my teachers figured it out long before I did and so they were a bit lenient on me and looked out for me when they could. At one point in highschool when I finally started talking with a classmate they pulled him into the office to make sure he wasn't bullying me.
>>
>>29473617
>there is no autism fad, its just autism
Yeah, it's very likely that recognition has just gotten better and that this many kids really are autistic. Still, though, there is at least a fad in the sense that neurotypical snowflakes like to pretend that they're autistic because they think it confers some social credit.

>>29473657
I used to get told that my "way" doesn't work and that I was stubborn for not doing it others' way. Turns out that I thrive doing things my way, but only when I have nobody to tell me what to do or restrict me.

>>29473704
>In high school it seemed like everyone was on some kind of adhd drug, though I'm convinced half of them just did it to study better.
Same. All of my friends were spergs, too, and it seemed like I was the only one who wasn't on some kind of medication and/or in the school's special ed program. I should've caught on to the fact that I wasn't normal, but at the same time, I feel like not being compartmentalized or medicated allowed me to do relatively well. Notably, I'm among the few out of my friends from elementary and high school who didn't wind up a clusterfuck. At least not more than transiently.

>I think most of my teachers figured it out long before I did and so they were a bit lenient on me and looked out for me when they could.
Same. I think my teachers and family knew long before I did. (The comparisons to Rainman and the suggestions to watch A Beautiful Mind probably didn't come out of nowhere, but I didn't take the hint.) I had a number of teachers who sorta took me under their wings and gave me special treatment, which I didn't fully appreciate at the time.

You know how in S1 pokemon, Ash often got badges by doing things other than defeating gyym leaders? Or how Temple Grandin gets class credit by doing the diorama in that one biographical movie? That's my whole life right there. I pulled a lot of class credit by doing off-curriculum shit. One teacher even gave me an A on a final I didn't take.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x578
Here's mine
ORIGIINALL
>>
File: aspieresults.png (85 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
aspieresults.png
85 KB, 640x400
Diagnosed with high-functioning autism at age 7

I guess I adjusted
>>
>>29473937
Wow, I can relate to this. I didn't finish rainman before it expired on netflix. Got an A from a final I didn't do fully, just wrote down part of a speech and talked to him about it for an hour.

Other teachers either detest me or become comfortable once I tell them what my endgame is.

> to talk to more girls.
>>
>>29474068
You may now apply to be selected to browse Reddit (Trademark Reserved) with exclusive FREE internet points!
>>
>>29473937
I never had any trouble with coursework, most teachers actually liked me because I did well in their class. Sometimes I could be a pain with not wanting to talk to anyone or teamwork assignments, or not telling the teacher something I should have, but I never actually caused problems in class so they were happy to cut me some slack.

I don't think the other kids thought so highly of me though, when I finally managed to get a friend group in the last years of hs they always joked about me being a school shooter, which apparently many people thought of me.

Now that I'm in college I still have no idea how to actually make friends. I've started going to one of the nerdy clubs, but I haven't actually socialized with anyone, just play vidya games with them and not say much. Last time I went one guy started calling referring me as the wrong name because I've never actually told him my name and I didn't bother to correct him.

>>29474068
Did getting diagnosed actually change anything, or did they just treat you a little differently in school?
>>
>>29474151
Fuck you, faggot. Look at the "relationship" section and call me a normie again. I was diagnosed by a professional when I was a child, unlike a lot of people on here. My results only show how hard I tried to be a normie, although I failed miserably and now I'm a KHV NEET with no hope of getting better
>>
>>29474310
How well did you suck that professionals dick?

Do you suck a mean dick? Mean little retard boy? Did mommy show you how to suck his dick real good first?
>>
>>29474128
>I didn't finish rainman before it expired on netflix.
I've never seen it. My grandma always told me that it reminded her of me and pushed it so much that I kinda avoided it.

>Got an A from a final I didn't do fully, just wrote down part of a speech and talked to him about it for an hour.
Kinda similar to how I got the A on my final. Didn't show up for or do it. Just had lunch with the teacher and talked about the subject material for half an hour. In my freshman year of college, I wound up getting full credit in a lab class for a daily assignment that I completely blew off. I was supposed to write down what we went over daily and sorta write what I learned in my lab notebook. Wound up being explicitly told that I got credit for it because I covered everything that was covered in the daily questions in my final paper and displayed full comprehension of it. Not even as an admonishment, either.

>Other teachers either detest me or become comfortable once I tell them what my endgame is.
I've got a long history of being hated by admin and by the teachers who haven't actually taught me. They tend to like me by the time a year with them is over, though, which I think says something. I get a lot of feedback at the end of the year along the lines of, "I've gotten to know him/how his brain works."

This shit probably won't fly when I actually enter the workforce. Maybe it will.

>>29474259
>they always joked about me being a school shooter, which apparently many people thought of me
Same. Probably didn't help that I was one of the black-clad kids at the "depressed table" in a school full of basic bitches and preppy guys.

>Last time I went one guy started calling referring me as the wrong name because I've never actually told him my name and I didn't bother to correct him.
That's some Tomoko-tier social performance.
>>
>>29474128
>>29474358
Also, on the subject of alternative school credit, I didn't follow the scientific method at all for my first few science projects, or the rubric. It was basically, "Fuck you; I'm in first/second grade and I built electronics from scratch. Here's a radio. Here's a telegraph. Give me an A."
>>
>>29474358
Rainman really is a good movie, there's no harm in it.

It doesn't push any normie agenda, kind of comfy.
>>
>>29474259
In elementary school I was in a "special needs" class for a couple years. The differences I remember was that we were a small group (8-9 children), and besides the regular classes they taught us about emotions and how to deal with them. I never had any kind of meltdown and I was doing pretty well so they put me in a regular class. From that point on, I was treated like any other kid, except I never spoke so I was left alone
>>
>>29474339
You seem to be butthurt now that you've realized your autism is imaginary and you can't justify how much of a loser you are, besides your severe case of Manchild Syndrome
>>
File: IMG_2558.jpg (290 KB, 1242x1412) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2558.jpg
290 KB, 1242x1412
>>29472536
Just took it, took a while
Lol
Pretty Normie
>>
File: image.png (277 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
277 KB, 750x1334
Not diagnosed cause I've never seen a therapist but I'd believe it
>>
>>29474433
Ah, not that different than anyone undiagnosed then I guess.

I still don't understand why anyone past school age would want to be diagnosed though. Do I really want my future employer to know I'm a autist? Its not like they won't realize it themselves.
>>
>>29472536
>that condescending wordart

e n d m e
>>
>>29474576
>It's not like they won't realize it themselves

Depends on how severe your autism is

but if you were diagnosed it wouldn't change anything: I'm pretty sure they would only know if you told them, that's what I was told. I live in Canada though so don't take my word for it
>>
File: aspiequiz.png (103 KB, 780x580) Image search: [Google]
aspiequiz.png
103 KB, 780x580
>>29473430

another mid 90s, i didn't even get adhd as a kid because i was smart so even if i didn't pay attention i would do fine in primary school
>>
>>29472270
http://aspergerstest.net/aq-test/

Over 35/50 and go get tested clinically.
>>
>>29474490
> imaginary autism
Stop being pre-ironic, my stranger.
>>
>>29474803
i made 33
>>
>>29474803
I got 36 despite these results >>29474068 suggesting I'm leaning towards neurotypical
>>
>>29475004

Every test is going to be different, its probably best to rely on the one with the most questions.
>>
>>29474803
>39

Fuck, some of those things are pretty big parts of my life too
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.