[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Used to wonder how people got depressed >Graduated highschool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1452470855747.jpg (62 KB, 564x696) Image search: [Google]
1452470855747.jpg
62 KB, 564x696
>Used to wonder how people got depressed
>Graduated highschool
>Dad forces me to "work" with him
>He makes me hand him tools
>He doesn't trust me to do anything on the doors we install, but he let my sister immediately work on them after a week of watching
>Every day is a reminder that in the eyes of my father I am an invalid sperg
>Do it 10 hours a day everyday
>Can't leave his side anymore
>Feel like crying but can't because there is always a home owner
>Have no one to talk to except for my dad
>He just wants to yell and curse when we're done working
>Finally feeling the effects of this
>Can't enjoy anything at all anymore
>Can only watch anime and feel escapism

Who /wageslave/?
I miss highschool. I knew it was going to be bad after graduation, and I relaxed to the absolute maximum.
>>
>>29471576
You're dad sounds like an autistic manchild
>>
>>29472139
He's always angry or upset over things going on in the family. (Debt, etc)

He won't stop wailing in my ear and when I tell him to stop yelling he doesn't know he's yelling.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466353030772.jpg (63 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466353030772.jpg
63 KB, 640x629
I realized this early on. I actually had to get a job in highschool. At least I was prepared for the suffering ahead
>>
Holy shit kafka, get the fuck away from your dad. You're an adult
>>
>>29472294
Any way you could just move out, honestly your home life sounds shit and seems to be a negative influence

It's not like your father is even attempting to progress your work ethic or skills

If I were you in that situation I'd call it quits and head to the homeless shelter in my town and start searching for a form of retail job

The only other alternative I can see that would be helpful is if you sat down with your parents and had an honest discussion about how you felt mabye even with a neutral mediator involved as well to prevent things from going south or a one sided argument however by the sounds of things that idea might not even be applicable
>>
>>29472343
I have an obligation to my family, and he pays me well.
>>
>>29472432
How much are you getting payed as a frame of reference?
>>
Go to CC, then finish your degree at a state school. Abuse your 1st world privilege and teach english in some 3rd world shithole

Way better than being your dad's toolslave
>>
>>29472555
I make $400 a week.

We make $1400-$2000 a week.
I really can't walk away.
It's the first time we've had any money like this in 10 years. It's my dad's swan song. He's so old it's probably the last time he'll see it before he dies.
>>
>>29472702
400 a week! Sweet fuck if I were you I'd be fucking happy passing those tools around
>>
>>29472785
I said the pay is good, and I can't leave.
>>
>>29472785
I miss doing cabinets though.
We would make 400$ in a day and we would be done by 3, and I constantly had something to do. 10 hours would go by in the blink of an eye.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.