[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no one around me likes to discuss historical languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1466638234929.jpg (74 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1466638234929.jpg
74 KB, 706x706
>tfw no one around me likes to discuss historical languages like Tocharian, Old Middle Japanese, Akkadian, or Aramaic

I think I've discovered why I have no friends, but I can't compromise my interests just to have people like me.

What do I do?
>>
>>29471343
nothing, find way to make money, then look for a decent GF to take as a wife
>>
Get some Bros around, play some console or whatevs and just chill out, you gonna need your dudes more than some ancient shit for now.
>>
>>29471343
Well then, give us robots some cool linguistic facts. We're here to listen buddo.
>>
literally just start correspondence with linguistics college professors

this isn't hard to do if you're genuinely into studying these things
>>
>>29471343
I'm not particularly knowledgeable about those things, but I'd be interested in talking about them.
>>
>>29471343
Get a degree in linguistics and go to academic conferences. You will be surrounded by dozens of people that thing that shit is great. If you can't get a degree, go to the conference anyway. As long as you pay, you can be there. After the presentations (that you'll probably love) people tend to hang out in the lobbies and talk. You'll love it.
>>
>>29471343
Have you ever heard of a group called DVAR all of they're lyrics are apparently in a dead language or so I heard

Mabye you'd be interested in them OP
>>
>>29471385

Korean, alphabetically-speaking, is closer to Russian than any other Asiatic language
>>
File: 1430533514537.jpg (37 KB, 457x336) Image search: [Google]
1430533514537.jpg
37 KB, 457x336
>>29471433

I attended a conference not too long ago but everyone there was more concerned about where languages were going rather than where they came from.

>no one cares that Afrikaans is a hybrid of Dutch, French, German, and Khoikhoi
>>
>>29471413

The problem with a pursuit like that is that these professors you speak of typically hold doctorates in linguistics whereas I only have an undergrad in history
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.