[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETs, how did you convice your parents to let you stay at home?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1455847636560.png (212 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1455847636560.png
212 KB, 409x409
NEETs, how did you convice your parents to let you stay at home?
>>
Got a job after months of sending out applications
Stopped being a fucking retard and started doing good in college
Started hiding my marijuana use better
>>
Anyone else? original
>>
File: 1434198146053.gif (21 KB, 255x213) Image search: [Google]
1434198146053.gif
21 KB, 255x213
>>29467627
I come from a rich family, so that helps.
>>
>>29468184
And your dad isn't disappointed and shit?
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29467627
This didn't need any convincing.
>>
>>29468229
Who gives a shit what he thinks? He's the piece of shit who raised me a worthless NEET, so now he has to deal with the (finite) consequences.
>>
>>29467627
>convice

not really, almost the opposite really, I brought up the idea that I might move out when I was like 22 or 23 and my parents freaked out. I'm almost 31 now.

But to be fair I've only been NEET for two years and every few months my parents were like "okay anon if you don't get a job by the end of this month you're gonna have to look really extra hard for a job next month!"
>>
I'm doing a part-time university course. It's not hard yet. I'm getting good results. I still don't get money.
>>
I'm an independent NEET, self funded
>>
>>29468517
Why do you say he raised you that way?
>>
>>29467627
They know I'm a failure. They probably secretly hate me but oh well, I won't be around much longer.
>>
>>29468546
>I'm doing a part-time university course

I don't think you quite understand what "NEET" stands for
>>
>>29468551
What is your secret. How do you money without engaging with the normie filth?
>>
>>29468540
Do they talk a lot, ride your ass? Or just leave you alone in your room?
>>
>>29468576
Oh fuck you're right, I'm not a neet anymore. I fucking did it, fuck this board. Fuck all of you.
>>
My parents need me, the place would fall apart. They don't understand food and at first were content with trash frozen food but after I taught them food can have taste and gardens can have flowers they can never go back. Also they need someone to neet for them. With work and shit they don't have time to queu up shows or plan activities so I take initiative and make life enjoyable.
>>
>>29467627
I was NEET for years, not anymore though. Honestly... it just takes shitty parents that will put up with it. Mine never tried to get me involved in anything when I was younger... they did with my bro and sis though. They just don't give a shit about me so they let me rot away in the basement if I choose.

As long as I help my dad out with chores and ask if my mom needs help with cooking dinner or whatever else they generally leave me alone. I think 99% of the "conversations" I have with my dad are him asking me to help him with something. He really doesn't care about me beyond that I get the feeling.

I'm trying to get my shit together as of late. It's annoying how I can't even watch TV anymore without my favorite shows making fun of the weird man that lives with his parents.

Idk, that was a bit of a ramble, but tl;dr have parents that don't care about you.
>>
I dont know im surprise they dont kick me out...well whatever little money I get they always ask me for it
>>
>>29468578
Google 'money moustache' , that explains everything
>>
>>29468558
Are you implying someone else raised him?
>>
File: 1452128324054.jpg (202 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452128324054.jpg
202 KB, 1080x1080
Look, look son. I'm letting you stay if you get a girlfriend. And I want a classy broad, or at least a model like your mother. Else I'm sending your ass to Mexico to dig my wall. You got three days, now get outta here.
>>
>>29468599

Fly free and far, little bird.

>>29468589

Sort of. We did clash heads a while ago when they kept insisting that I go talk to some fucking 58 year old guy that they sort of know down the road who works at a place so that he could get me to work there. I told them that I don't know the guy, he doesn't know me, I don't want to know him and that it's ridiculous that a 30 year old like myself would show up at a strangers' dorstep and be like HELLO MISTER PWEASE GET ME A JOBBY, I need to do this on my own and learn to to do it on my own.

As far an actual career goes I told them that I want to become a music producer. I told them that about a year ago, and then 9 months ago, and then about 7 or 8 months ago, and then 5 months ago, etc.

My dad, who doesn't know how to raise kids and doesn't know how to talk to people, just walks into my room every few months and is like "so, what's your plan" and I tell him my plan, and we repeat that.

My mom, on the other hand, will be sitting and watching a TV show about like park rangers or something, or learn that her neighbor's cousins' friend is a veterinarian and will just be like ANON DON'T YOU WANT TO BECOME A PARK RANGER/VETERINARIAN and I have to calmly explain to her that I don't have like 8 years to go to university for that shit, and also I don't want to do that I want to produce music.
>>
>>29468717

I love the guys blog.

A nice summary is to do the opposite of minimalism, maximalism is the way to go. Ride a bike, eat whole foods, save 50% of income in mutual funds, have side hustles that generate income. I think that last one is more aligned with the concept of becoming antifragile and shit I've read on the manosphere but there is a lot of overlap with the financial independence and he man woman hater crowds like RoK. A lot of the focus is on being present and living well. A lot of consumer goods can best be viewed as gilded manacles. What good is paying for commercials? Just torrent that shit. Books collect dust and are a tremendous waste of space and money. Just interlibrary loan that shit. Cars are cheap, I don't go practical like the mustache and got a 96 miata. It's bad on gas for its size but it's fun and I don't drive much. Insurance is next to nothing on it because it's basically a go kart, ricers hate it because it's slow and only good for technical shit like autocross.
>>
>>29468783
>30 years old

OMG. That hurts to read
>>
>>29468517
Your dad doesn't have direct control over you though, it's not his fault, really.
>>
>>29467627

My NEET brother is 34 & my parents have no problem with him living with them, which was a problem with me since I liked exploring the world
>>
>>29469695
>>29469695
>since I liked exploring the world

Like a 3 year old baby?
>>
>>29469695

Do they make you babysit? I don't see how that would prevent you from fulfilling your wanderlust.
>>
>>29469695
That sounds a little babyish. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>29471138
No, I pay fory own vacations
>>29471190
I live on my own, far away from that mess
>>
I'm 19

it's that easy
>>
File: 1466558160078.jpg (7 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
1466558160078.jpg
7 KB, 227x222
>>29469569
Free wiII doesn't exist
>>
>>29467627
By having a weak willed beta dad that doesn't wear the trousers, women are of-course useless and full of empty threats.
>>
File: 1458131207195.jpg (45 KB, 540x466) Image search: [Google]
1458131207195.jpg
45 KB, 540x466
>>29471272

>tfw 19

Mommy can't kick me out, I'm still a """"kid""""
>>
I have a job. I don't fuck up at all really besides not picking a career yet. I've managed to save over $40 000 for property investment. Once I have a full time job with extra dosh after I get my first property, I'll look for a new home.
>>
>>29467627
My mommy and dadddy just love me
>>
>>29467627
My parents are just really nice.
>>
>>29467627
I tell them I'm searching for jobs while I'm obviously not. I barely speak to them except for when I'm having dinner or they want me to do something specific. I wish life was different but I don't give shit anymore, if they were to kick me out I'd try to commit suicide by jumping infront of a train or a car.
>>
File: 9334896.jpg (22 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
9334896.jpg
22 KB, 352x352
>>29468783
nignog, kys
>>
>>29468184
same, i have a trust fund so i rent a condo for myself. havent seen my family in years.
>>
File: 1465271932625.jpg (108 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1465271932625.jpg
108 KB, 409x409
>>29467627
The key is to make them think you don't want to be a NEET.

What I do is make them think I'm making progress towards getting better by partaking in government funded programs to help NEETs get out. I act really enthusiastic about it and discuss my normie plans and dreams. And then I get an anxiety episode again and lock myself in my room refusing to even eat with them.

I'm not really faking the anxiety part of it, but I suppose I could if I wanted to, and that's how you can too.
>>
>>29467627
They pay for me to have an apartment. They make 6 figures and they were tired of us fighting while I lived at home.
>>
>tismbux
>super cheap apartment
>incredible spendthrift
>side hustles like Mechanical Turk, Swagbucks, phone repair

I live alone. I live super simply but that suits my autism. I have a very strict budget I stick to and have very few possessions. But I'm happy.
>>
I invent cool stuff and have a website.
This is what happens when you are Aryan/have German heritage, new thoughts that no one's ever thought of before come to you. Like Henry Ford, The Wright Brothers, Bill Gates, Robert Goddard, and Philo Farnsworth.
>>
I'm Hispanic and Hispanics value family so they won't kick you out even if you're a bum.
>>
>>29474849
I forgot to mention Bach, Hitler-- It goes on in this wikipedia page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_inventors_and_discoverers

I self finance everything and I'm about to travel the world. I've had so many chicks come up to me only looking for a fug or something(money) only for them to storm off once I tell them I only want a virgin and not Arby's
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.