[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here drink only out of cans? Bottles, be they plastic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: can drink.jpg (154 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
can drink.jpg
154 KB, 800x533
Anyone else here drink only out of cans?

Bottles, be they plastic or glass, are just shit.

Cans are just way more comfier and better.

I am proud to be can master race
>>
I used to growing up, but when i moved out of parents house and because really poor I only buy generic 2-liters for 89 cents.
>>
I like cans better because it gets colder and it holds it's fiz. But I get 2 liters of my diet coke because it's cheaper.
>>
>>29466852
cans make me feel like I'm living in the future
>>
>>29466852
i drink out of a glass like other folk who don't have diabetes and heart disease that everyone has to pay for through their insurance premiums
>>
>>29466915
>I only buy generic 2-liters for 89 cents.
ain't that a feel
>>
For beer, cans are the preferred method vs bottles, because even though dark bottles are used, it still lets through some light. Light causes it to degrade faster.
Also in my city glass bottles are not allowed in public parks and other areas, they shatter and fuck shit up.
Can master race.
>>
>>29467985

what do you drink out of a glass what types of drinks
>>
File: bape x pepsi.png (443 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
bape x pepsi.png
443 KB, 500x465
no i drink straight from the river
>>
>>29466852
I drink water, tea and coffee without sugar. Soft drinks are a waste of money, and are bad for your general wellbeing. Only drink them occasionally you fucking obese scumfuckers.
>>
>>29466852

My current living conditions make it so I can only treat myself to soda, and other sugary things, every now and then.

Also, the fedora meme scared me off of drinking soda too much as well, especially mountain dew.
>>
If I buy soda it has to be out of a can, otherwise I don't bother buying it. I really like vending machines at 2 AM.
>>
>>29466915

dude one coke can is cheaper than a 2 liter bottle u dumb fuck.
>>
The vessel makes a huge difference in taste. I'm pretty autistic and require sameness for pretty much everything but I have many different glasses and am upset when unable to drink from the correct glass. People holding glasses wrong triggers the fuck out of me too but I manage to hold my tongue. It does seem odd they never question why a sparkling wine glass has the stem though. Why refrigerate it if they intend to heat it up like brandy? If they don't like the gas then any other white wine would be better. When it comes to purely about taste I actually prefer sparkling wine be served in one of the typical white wines glass shapes but I can appreciate the tradition and festivity of the flutes and recognize they are more to view the nucleation and dissolution than taste.

Cans impart both a weird metallic and plastic taste to the beverage, prevent enjoying the scent, sight of the beverage. Despite the altered flavor profile it also blocks much of the full taste. Cans are just convenient for chilling the beverage and preserving the gas. They are to be poured into a glass for serving.
>>
>>29468286

Its worth the tradeoff to drink from glass. The light isn't going to noticeably alter the drink in the time it takes to finish a serving. A tankard will suffice if you're especially paranoid.
>>
Glass is better it was always better.

>hurrr lets not re use glass bottles and give everyone cancer with plastic shit and fuck it just dump them in the ocean too
>>
>>29468830

Sounds like you've got shitty taste buds
>>
>>29468915

More refined maybe, but I'd think shitty would mean someone who can't taste as well. If you don't mind cans then it's fortunate you have so much lower standards and threshold for enjoyment, but that means you have shitty taste buds.
>>
>>29466915
I am not american but what brand is thegeneric 2-liters for 89 cents?
can you post a pic?
>>
>>29468906
Plastic is simply easier to store and ship in bulk.
>>
>>29469032
most store brands are around that.
ie: i worked at a kroger, their store brand is big K.
you go to walmart and they have a store brand for similar price, idr what their brand is tho.
>>
>>29469050
You would think they would be more interested in saving money and re using glass bottles like coca cola used to do.
>>
Daily reminder that rats shit on cans and insects lay eggs on them
>>
>>29469098
Collecting the used bottles would be costly and time consuming.

Just think like a soulless cunt whose sole interest in life is balancing corporate finances.
>>
>>29466852
Soda vessel power ranking:

1. can
2. soda fountain in a glass
3. glass bottle
4. soda fountain in a paper cup
p o w e r g a p
9000. small plastic bottle
9001. 2 liter bottle poured into a glass/cup
>>
>>29469176
Well, even if that's true they do a good job sanitizing the cans or cleaning them. Also if you eat fast food then you're probably consuming rancid shit or something but the industry won't tell you that.

We've all eaten shit probably but we can't taste it, unless you're organic vegan faggot who has never eaten fast food or food bought from super markets like frozen dinners then chances are you've probably eaten shit and eggs or whatever fucking else.

Ignorance is bliss anon, if people don't know then they'll never care.
>>
>>29469406

True I didn't think about that
They would have to clean them as well.
>>
>>29469611
Soda fountain is number 1 for me.
>>
Foam cup master race here
>>
File: 07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>2016
>drinks soda
>>
File: Virgin.jpg (57 KB, 521x537) Image search: [Google]
Virgin.jpg
57 KB, 521x537
>>29469857
>2016
>drinks water, tea and coffee only

You're a real high level faggot aren't ya?
>>
File: asdf.jpg (65 KB, 640x631) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
65 KB, 640x631
>>29466852
Glass bottles master race

Plastic is xeno-estrogen shit and you don't look cool when you drink it
>>
>>29469907

>not drinking water and hard liquor only

Get the fuck outta here king cuck
>>
>>29466852

Half drank plastic bottle of coke that's been left out in room temp tastes fucking god tier
>>
File: pilsnerurquell.jpg (25 KB, 278x269) Image search: [Google]
pilsnerurquell.jpg
25 KB, 278x269
>drinking pop in the year of the Lord 2014+2
>>
>>29469907
Settle down Cletus. I know you love your precious sodey pop.
>>
>>29469988

>not adding tonic syrup to water and hard liquor

At least use the seltzers with essential oils added. I like a couple of the grapefruit ones but I recently got a grapefruit and melon one, despite saying no sweeteners it tastes too sweet.
I once took some Bombay gin, regular not the sapphire or east flavor, and added it to macerated magnolia and some sassafras to give it a little southern flare. It still needs some tweaking but I'm really on to something here. I tried distilling magnolia but apparently it doesn't work as well as a tincture for drawing the full magnolia scent. I bet if I ran it through a filter I could get it very close to clear. It seems silly but I do prefer my gins to have brilliant clarity and no color.

I make ginger and habanero syrup for bourbon drinks too.
>>
>>29466852
I can understand disliking plastic bottles, but glass? The only material that has zero effect on the taste of the contents? Smh family
>>
>>29469968
too bad they only really sell glass bottles in shitty 3rd world countries like mexico.
>>
I like throwing empty cans of beer at passing trains when I'm drinking in the park

the tracks are like 3 stories up so you never hit anything but still
>>
>>29469406

The bottles are aesthetic, and if you're a homo you can be happy with the eco friendliness too. An Aldis style model could make collection trivial, customer pays for the bottle, company buys it back. Think of it as a deposit. The only actual increased cost would be transportation, unless you include the potential costs incurred by consumer attitudes. People like their endocrine disruptors and $2.50-$1.50 is way way higher than $1.00, it's higher than even $1.99. The quarter pounder outsold a similar priced 1/3 pound burger because 4>3. Burger is disgusting but 5 for $4 is better perceived that Wendy's 4 for $4 or mcdonald's mcpick 2 for $5. Thinking like a money minded person is the fastest way to bankruptcy. Think like a lazy retarded nigger who couldn't even count to 5 using their fingers. That is what drives consumerism.
>>
>>29468383
on a day-to-day basis only water
>>
>>29470643
The deposit scheme for glass bottles was the norm back in the 60s and 70s. Funny how they eliminated that and then started the recycling kick.
>>
>>29471012

Not even tea? Are you poor, ascetic, or just don't want to bother with preparation? I even got a little electric hotplate for my room so I can make tea all day. It's not cheap but the good stuff doesn't need sugar or cream. It's the little things I enjoy so I justify the expenses that way. Glass is the superior vessel though. All those clays, ceramics, and metals are bullshit memes.
>>
File: 20160622_204043_HDR~2.jpg (1 MB, 2335x2899) Image search: [Google]
20160622_204043_HDR~2.jpg
1 MB, 2335x2899
No, I'm poor but I can at least pretend I'm above trailer trash, OP
>>
Fizzy drinks give me diarrhea so its tea and water for me!
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.