[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots please help me I'm going to see a movie with a girl,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (123 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 750x1334
Robots please help me
I'm going to see a movie with a girl, we planned this earlier and everything was going great right.
Then my friend suggests I send her a flirty text. After hours of convincing I finally go for it
>ohboydidifuckup.mp4
She just goes so awkward and the text messages were so awkward that night
Should I just ditch the movie? I really don't want to do this /r9k/
Pic related it's the convorsation
>>
File: image.png (125 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125 KB, 750x1334
Here's the rest of the convo
>>
>>29463514
So where's the flirty text?
>>
If you can play it cool at the movies she'll forget about it, but this is /r9k/ so you're probably fucked m8.

>hey guess what
Kek
>>
Honestly, your biggest fuck-up was apologizing. Never apologize unless it's absolutely necessary.

A good rule of thumb for men is to use texting only to make plans. Save the commentary for the date itself.
>>
Hahaha what an awful text
>hey guess what
Does she usually text that blunt?
>>
Give OP a break, cunts. It's obvious he's got little experience with this.

It seems to be she's either not as excited as you are or is playing hard to get. Probably the former.

But yeah, don't apologise. Make sure she knows you want it to be a romantic date. If she is not okay with it, don't waste time and money on a date that will lead nowhere, fuck that.
>>
it's not that it was a weird thing to say, it's that you showed interest, you have to appear completely disinterested, and as though she should be happy to receive attention from you. obviously doing this in an overly hamfisted manner will make you look like a retarded tryhard, but this isn't much better
>>
>>29463595
Yup. It's bullshit but this is 100% true on both counts. Don't just shoot the shit with them on text. Only do that in person.
>>
you probably just go there, and don't say weird shit again.
>>
>>29463514

1) Not everyone texts the same, stop reading into it so much

2) That wasn't flirty at fucking all, it's a vaguely more than neutral comment

3) Why the fuck did you apologize? No, seriously? Dude you're retarded. That apology makes her think less of you, not more.

And now you want to ditch the movie? Jesus. Do you even have any plans after the movie with her? Going to a movie as a date is terrible man, you can't talk during it, you're just there. If you don't have any plans to go do something else with her afterwards it's just pointless. Make some plans, at least try to get her to walk somewhere with you so you can talk about the movie with her.

When's the movie? If it's this weekend stop texting her. Wait until the day before the movie to text and ask if she's still down for it. Then on the day of the movie give her a text saying you'll be there at X time.
>>
File: 3sKVHO28.png (173 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
3sKVHO28.png
173 KB, 351x351
>>29463652
>you have to appear completely disinterested

What is this a fucking anime? Do people actually think that works?
>>
>>29463514
Just don't say anything else "flirty" or weird. Based on her last texts she sent you, she still seems interested. If she wasn't she would have ignored the text that came through, but she might have been trying to initiate conversation or something.

Either way I don't think the damage is too bad, but it's crucial that you don't say anything weird again
>>
>>29463514
It wasn't the flirty text that ruined it (not that it was a stellar idea either).

It was the backpeddling that ruined it.
>>
File: hehe.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>29463514
>>29463529
You fucked up, just by looking at her 1 word reactions to your messages, you can tell she isn't interested.

Pull out before it's too late.
>>
>>29463514
>That last sentence

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

STOP RUINING IT

>>29463529
>THAT LAST SENTENCE OF YOU AGAIN

AHAJKOHEJHFJH$EJHFjHWH":H "#HKHG HRG JH KFAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29463728
i'm not talking about the reading a book about murder in the corner wearing all black and chains kind, i mean you have to make it seem like you're not too invested in them, because they dry up real fast if they don't have to earn your approval
>>
The initial flirt was fine. The only problem was you apologizing and explaining yourself. It makes you look bumbly and overly nervous.

She's seems fine about it. Just pretend like it never happened. And just stop with "how was your day" shit between now and the date.
>>
>>29463728

I think he's looking for the word "aloof". You have to act like you don't care if she can't come to the movie with you, not because you don't want her to, but because you're a confident guy whose happiness isn't reliant on other people because he's happy with himself.

I say "act" there but the goal is to actually become that way.
>>
>>29463595
Same guy here. Also notice the short length of her replies, OP. This isn't necessarily a killer, but it should be a hint that you need to stop texting. You don't want her to start thinking of you as the annoying guy who keeps blowing up her phone. Remember: With women, less is almost always more. Let them miss you a little bit.

I also agree with what another anon said. Just chill out for a while and text her the day you're supposed to go see the movie that you'll be there at X time. Don't ask if she still wants to go. Assume the sale and make her have to come up with the out instead of giving her one.
>>
>>29463728
I'm wondering this too. Playing games seems stupid. Unless the girl is retarded, they should appreciate someone being straightforward. I wouldn't know though lmao.
>>
>>29463728
It does work though
Obviously you don't have to go full Sasuke Uchiha, but showing too much interest is perceived by women as creepy and undesirable
>>
What the fuck is op apologising for?

is he retarded?
>>
As soon as you act like you fucked up, you fucked up. Don't do that in the future. It's okay, live and learn.
>>
>>29463707
>>29463514
I agree that a movie is generally a bad date idea, but it's not horrible if you're friends and trying to turn it into something more. Movies are bad because you can't interact, but dinner can also be bad because of too much upfront interaction that can make you nervous and cause you to fuck it up.

I'd suggest take her to something fun and relaxed like mini golf after the movie. Some girls like really fancy dates, but ai always think it's a better idea for the first date to be cheap and fun. That way, you're not super nervous, you can be yourself. In addition, if she totally digs doing something stupid like mini golf or wandering around local thrift stores, you know she's down to earth and enjoys spending time with you. If she pushes for fancy dinners and seems generally pissy doing casual things you enjoy, you might get a better feel for what kind of a person she is or if she's using you for food.

This all depends on the lady of course. I tend to believe that most chicks don't like tryhard first dates, and showing a girl you can be fun and entertaining without trying so hard can go a long way. You do have to be able to relax and have a good sense of humor, though. Try to tone back the 4chan in your personality.
>>
>>29463514
Why the fuck would you apologize you autistic shitlord? Jesus you're cringey as hell. If I was a girl my interest in you would've gone straight out the window.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.