[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/, are we unemployed because we're depressed? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: AAAAAA.jpg (18 KB, 600x238) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA.jpg
18 KB, 600x238
Hey /r9k/, are we unemployed because we're depressed? Or are we depressed because we're unemployed?
>>
I was less depressed when I was NEET. Being a wageslave makes you more depressed. NEVER get a job unless you're forced to.
>>
>>29461931
But, Money == Happiness and Possibilities?
>>
>>29461971
this is true, but that implies your job pays a decent amount. Retail slaves like me make absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1466462057419.png (403 KB, 551x529) Image search: [Google]
1466462057419.png
403 KB, 551x529
>>29461848
are you gay because you can't find a girlfriend or are you not able to find a girlfriend because you're gay?
>>
>>29461848
tfw start a job next week
>>
>>29462131
what does it pay?
>>
>>29462131
I've applying like crazy, all ask for past experience, but no way of obtaining this said experience. Any pointers?
>>
>>29462211
Lying about having past jobs. They rarely contact references.
>>
Neither - I'm not really depressed, but I'm unemployed because of a layoff. It's been pretty comfy.
>>
>>29461848
i was unemployed and depressed, thought it was cause i didnt have a job

now i have a job and im still as depressed, but i h ate life even more and have even less time

>>29461931
this

i thought having a job would give me purpose and confidence and that love and friends would come easier

now im just a neet that has even less free time
>>
>>29462507
Don't you have money saved away? Don't people with jobs travel and stuff?
>>
>>29461848
I'm unemployed because anxiety, and depressed because unemployed, and anxious because depressed.

I worked for 2 years at a company, depression wasn't as bad while I was there but anxiety went crazy. Eventually had a mental breakdown and had to quit, which helped being the anxiety down, but depression went back up.
>>
>>29462773
i barely make more than my autismbux

i got like 1000 autismbux and now i earn 1300 if im lucky and work hard but i already wanna work less cause im stressed out at 25-30 hours a week
>>
Unemployed because I'm depressed

No motivation to work. What's the point? I don't want to be rich and I'm lazy. Some people get money for women and gfs but that'll never happen for me

Why can't we just automate everything and get rid of pointless jobs like advertising
>>
>>29462816
>stressed out at 25-30 hours
cry moar faggot. you're literally getting 1000$ in free money for some fictitious bullshit.
>>
>>29461848
I'm depressed because I'm a NEET. I'm unemployed because I'm too autistic to get past the interview process. My mom and brother and cousin have all trained with me a lot, and I've done over 30 interviews, but have never gotten a job.
>>
>>29463513
I DID get that

now i have to work for it myself
>>
>>29463550
oh no, you have to actually work to get money. again, cry moar faggot.
>>
>>29463541
I feel this, I don't even get it to the interview stage, despite my Resume being pimped out.

I'll never forget the time in my normie years when I was offered a job at my Airport earning $35 p/h, but turned it down because of "Study load".
>>
>>29463616
yes i do thats why i complain

why do you want me to complain even more? i dont get it
>>
Why do you really care if you're unemployed? All you want is money.
>>
>>29463666
Nice trips

>All you want is money.
All I want is happiness, and so far, the only thing leading to happiness is money, which is only redeemable from working.
>>
>>29463650
you're complaining because you lost your free money and now have to work for it like everybody else. suck it up and deal with it faggot.
>>
>>29463714
yes but the problem is I dont like to work for it, my life has become more shit than before while i always thought that having no job and no purpose was the cause of my unhappyness
>>
>>29463701

Not really. You've got NEETbux and shit
>>
>>29462211
get on ssi.
it pays you just like a job would but you make money even when you are sleeping.
>>
>>29463735
stop replying dude he's obviously just a butt hurt wage slave

crabs in a bucket mentality
>>
>>29463735
Who actually likes to work for money? If people had the choice between getting free money and working for it, I guarantee 99.99% of them will pick free money. The only people that are happy about having a job are those that make a shitton of money or are literally doing shit that would be considered their dream.
>>
>>29462773
with tax/gross/bills/rent/gas/child support/alimony/food+drinks, what leftover money does a wagie have? that is how much the wagie /really/ earns.
>>
>>29463872
OP is Ausfag. We get paid in small amounts if we study full time, but it's not enough to live on your own, I could just do a programming course each year or something
>>
>>29463873
Why would I be "butthurt"? I don't have to work. Nobody technically has to work. Everybody has the choice to be homeless if they want. I work because I need money to buy shit and not be homeless.
>>
>>29463920
Not everybody is stupid enough to have kids or get married. Food is cheap if you don't mind sticking to certain foods and cutting out expensive shit. Literally the only thing I drink is water, other than that I buy milk for cereal and oatmeal.
>>
>>29463903
The important thing here is how much free money. If it's enough for luxury then probably lots of people won't want more. If it's only enough to survive nearly everyone will want to work. Nobody is satisfied living in poverty.

>>29463937
You replies are all "work like the rest of us" and NEET shaming, you obviously don't like working and you are bitter about it.
>>
>>29463903
the thing is i would like to do a job that i like

but i dont like this job

i thought having a job would give me purpose, friends, love, happyness, confidence but it only made my life suck even more
>>
>>29464009
I'll go on record and say that the majority of people will always want more money. It doesn't matter how much they have, they'll simply adjust their lifestyle to use up as much of their money as possible, thus leading to them wanting more.

AGAIN, who can say they actually LIKE working besides those that are literally doing their dream job?

>>29464089
Only a fraction of people like their job. A job is simply a way to afford shit that makes you happy. Out of everybody I work with, only one actually likes his job because he has nothing else to cling on to. He's also a bit special.
>>
>>29464089
There aren't many meaningful jobs around... looking for a job you love is like looking to marry a woman you love. It's not realistic. Rather than a job you love going to, you want a job you don't mind going to.
>>
>>29464160
for me liking is the same as not minding
>>
>>29464160
Some people manage to capitalize on their talents, I guess it takes the "know how" and some investment.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.