[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomorrow is first day in college, soo uhm how do I make friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: squideyes_9516.jpg (19 KB, 329x234) Image search: [Google]
squideyes_9516.jpg
19 KB, 329x234
Tomorrow is first day in college, soo uhm how do I make friends?
>>
You don't

It's not going to get better if that's what you think
>>
>>29459900
join clubs. accept the fact that you will sperg out and fuck up a lot. keep going.

the only way you learn how to be a socially well adjusted person is through practice.

this is fact.
>>
u cant get friends until you are in the right frame of mind

if what ever was causing u to not have friends before is still there, then u wont find college easier

trust me i went through it all
>>
No idea, I didn't, and then I dropped out of anxiety.
>>
File: 1462636113380.png (627 KB, 617x715) Image search: [Google]
1462636113380.png
627 KB, 617x715
>>29459900

It doesn't happen. If you were a robot in highschool, it'll be just the same, if not worse as you lose any autistic friends you may have hung out with back then.

>>29459922
yeah this is shit advice, at best you will become an acquaintance of others, the sort of person you can give the upward head nod to as you pass. nothing more.

>>29459933
this

Just fucking leave the shit hole before you even get invested financially in it. If you're too dumb to make money without a piece of paper and some text on it, then you won't be smart enough to make anything out if it anyway.
>>
File: PicsArt_06-20-07.41.01.jpg (287 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-20-07.41.01.jpg
287 KB, 960x949
May I suggest you get really comfortable volunteering to clean toilets, loaning money, and giving head.....

(don't waste all your parents tuition money)
>>
>>29460081
>>29460175
>Namefags
The question was directed to robots, not attention whores. Move along.
>>
>>29459900
1 drop your expectations of making friends instantly
2 say yes to everything you get invited to
3 hang around people but dont overdo it, dont share or speak too much
4 if you dont get inmediately invited to something dont make a big deal out of it
5 keep in touch, ask for an invite to the facebook, whatsapp, etc group and mke sure 3 days in a row dont go by without you making some sorth of contribution
thats pretty much it, keep it going for the whole semester, always act happy and positive unless you want to be a bit sarcastic once in a while and people will be comfortable with you. Remember nothing is a big deal for you.
>>
>>29460175
(...thought you were going to get a 'freebie'?...)

I'm an Attention PROSTITUTE, you inept, entry-level, future freelance enuresis jester....

And I expect to be paid...
>>
File: 1466453165081.png (24 KB, 424x620) Image search: [Google]
1466453165081.png
24 KB, 424x620
>>29459900
If you're over 4/10 looking, drink yourself apeshit drunk and force yourself to participate in the games. Lie about your past if needed but remember to lies well.

If you're below try to find others your tier and ask if they want to drink some whine from the bag in box you're autisting around with. If not you got something to talk about and if you can hopefully talk too. DON'T WASTE your money and alcohol on stacies.

Bring too much booze, have spirits to shot before going out. Dress as good as you can unless you all wear some initiation outfit. Fix your hair. Smile and try to be brave.
>>
>>29460301
sounds like boring and annoying routine

I will prefer stay friendless
>>
>>29459900
Make sure you are clean, take benzos and talk to people who look like you. Be yourself, but don't be obnoxious about it.

It's that easy.

If you don't have benzos, get them NOW because in a week everyone will have a circle of friends and it will be more difficult (but not impossible) to join people.
>>
>>29460534
>all this alcohol shit
What the fuck? Nobody drinks in college, if you bring alcohol to university people look like you as if you're a degenerate junkie or hobo, and rightly so.

Also, if OP doesn't know how to make friends, he won't get along with dudebro party retards anyway and should focus his effort on quiet and nerdy looking people who most likely won't like parties either.
>>
>starting college on a Thursday in the middle of june

i smell bullshit
>>
>>29459900
>making friends
What are you, 6?
>>
wtf OP

summer vacations are on in 2 days

no school till September
>>
>>29460772
maybe he signed up for thursday morning and night classes. It's possible if he is only taking like 4 classes.
>>
>>29459918
Ow you are the edgiest motherfucker i heard in a long time
>>
If you weren't able to make friends in school, you wouldn't make friends in college. In the first few days you might destabilize the social hierarchy but after a few months you'll be set back in place as the reclusive weirdo who never talks.
Trust me, I've tried to change it myself
>>
you're already screwed

most people already have a group they came with in high school and they continue where they left of.
>>
>>29460613
well, thats a valid option too. This steps are to get friends tho, once you actually have friends the effort lowers a lot and you are able to be your shitty self
>>
>>29459900
The first two weeks of college are the last time of your life when it's acceptable to basically go up to people and say "want to be friends?" the way you could when you were 6 (not in those exact words, of course). If you have a roommate, talk to them, offer to go do something with them (get something to eat, go see something cool on campus). Leave your door open for the first few days, there's a good chance that somebody will wander in and try to chat.
>>
>>29460750
>Nobody drinks in college

Everybody drinks in college. Did you go to BYU or something?
>>
>>29461218
I mean in the college facilities, of course people drink in bars or at home.
>>
>>29461122
>its edgy to be pessimistic
fuck you normie imbecile
>>
>>29461261
Where did anyone imply you should drink in class?

Although if you want to, mini bottles are a wonderful thing.
>>
>>29461715
The original post suggested to always carry alcohol and always drink.
>>
>>29459900
Talk to people.
>>
>>29461879
stupid normalfags
>>
Jus b ursilf
>>
>>29461924
this OP
/thread
>>
>>29460750
Lmao where did you go to college anon?
>>
>>29460794
maybe for underages
>>
You don't. I can only speak from my personal experience but almost everybody at my school knew who they wanted to be friends with the very first day and there was no hope for me the rest of the year. At the first school I went to, I did join one club and pretty much just stayed on the periphery somebody that wasn't even thought about. The second school I tried to join a club and they said I couldn't be in it because I wasn't the right major so clubs don't really work either. I would honestly just accept the fact that its going to be a lonely four years.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.