[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most robot-tier Mental Illness /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 14
File: Mental Illness Chart.jpg (922 KB, 1333x1871) Image search: [Google]
Mental Illness Chart.jpg
922 KB, 1333x1871
What is the most robot-tier Mental Illness /r9k/?
>>
autism

originalismico
>>
Depression and OCD are as borderline normie / tumblr as they come
>>
The normies have taken over every other thread, r9k is full of beta norms.
>>
>>29459768
What about bipolar disorder with psychotic tendencies?
>>
>>29459854
Sorry, I meant every other board.
>>
>>29459867
The psychotic tendencies bit is always added as an edgy meme, no ones impressed or believes you
>>
>>29459823
I don't think you know anyone that has OCD, do you? Ignorance is bliss, if you honestly think OCD is only about keeping stuff clean and symmetry you are either a normie or an idiot. Loads of people with OCD (attempt to) commit suicide, why do you think this is?
>>
guess im a mixture of tumblr and r9k
>>
>>29459929
True OCD is tumblr, the OCD where you like everything to be symmetrical and looking nice is normie, hence the borderline between the two
>>
I span from normie to robot. Wonderful. And no I promise, psychotic tendencies isn't an edgy meme. Come back to me when you've had a break.
>>
>tfw you have Depersonalisation/Derealisation Disorder (beyond-hope tier)

It's a funny thing. The experience itself is profoundly strange and unlike anything you can imagine, since it's a shift in consciousness. I used to get it very briefly every few months as a kid and thought it was some sort of amnesia. I never used to freak out though, I just kinda rolled with it.

I once smoked a lot of weed and triggered the condition full-time. Now I'm an adult with a fully-formed ego and understand that family care for me, the shift in consciousness bonds with a large amount of fear, and since as an adult you feel like you need to know what's going on at all times, the analysis of how disconnected you are from everything feeds the fear and it amplifies the effect of the disconnection.

It can break anyone and makes you think you've gone fucking crazy. Fortunately I've focused on the fear side of it recently and it's much more manageable now.
>>
Avoidant personality disorder is pretty robot I think

I say that as a robot who goes to mental health appointments and that's what they say I have and I'm a complete mess so
>>
elliot was narcissistic
>>
>>29459956
Ffs, people with''true'' OCD don't just ''like'' things to be symmetrical and nice looking. It's Obsessive Compulsive disorder and obsessions aren't just about liking something. For example if I had real OCD related to things having to be symmetrical I would go around the house and rearrange everything so it would be perfect. After I'm done I would go back and repeat it after a while, Doing this is an outlet for anxiety, I wouldn't have a choice in whether I want to rearrange something or not because if I didn't do it I'd feel extremely anxious. OCD means being forced to do things you know are stupid yet you can't stop or you'll feel horrible. That's the worst part about OCD, you know what you're doing is dumb but you can't stop it. Eventually people with extreme OCD problems will commit suicide because it's almost impossible to do all the ''rituals'' to keep your brain happy.
>>
>have GAD
>Major Depression
>Social anxiety

Tfw my actual physical problems are whats causing this

Tfw no end in sight
>>
I've got chronic depression, mixed with my aspergers and add I'm about as robot as it gets
>>
>>29459768
>anti-social disorder
>normie tier
What the fuck?
>>
File: i fixed it.jpg (562 KB, 1333x1871) Image search: [Google]
i fixed it.jpg
562 KB, 1333x1871
I made some edits on this absolutely stupid/inaccurate/you can't rank disorders they all suck chart.

No idea why I did that.
>>
>>29460038
Are you stupid or do you just struggle with reading? I just said I know the difference between the two OCDs and that liking things symmetrical and nice looking isn't true OCD, it's an excuse normies say to sound edgy
Stop getting upset because your 'illness' is for fat tumblr girls
>>
File: 1452298592209s.jpg (7 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
1452298592209s.jpg
7 KB, 250x194
vote my robots to define robotdom

>>29457892

help to advance the legit science of robotology
>>
>>29459998
I have this as well after some horrific bad LSD trips.
I am talking kaleidoscopic nightmare and full body convulsions for an hour.
Best thing for this is pumping iron until you are about to vomit. You don't have anything to lose trying it.
>>
File: aspergerking.gif (32 KB, 650x422) Image search: [Google]
aspergerking.gif
32 KB, 650x422
>tfw aspergers syndrome got rolled into autism so you're indistinguishable from retards who cant put on their pants
>>
>>29460101

all normies are narcissistic and lacking in empathy, you are literally a weird rare person if you care about others and dont think you're super special
>>
>>29460130
When I smoked "a lot of weed" to bring out this condition I too experienced horrific hallucinations and soon after experienced the conscious loss of most my life memories for a few days.

>kaleidoscopic nightmare
Shit, I had some of these too. Like a 4D square/spiral staircase that was infinite.

>full body convulsions for an hour
I had this too at the worst point (a year ago). They lasted for weeks, if not months. It was nice after it was over though since it relaxed me quite a lot. I believe it's something to do with the nervous system and expelling serious emotional trauma.

How are you coping?
>>
>>29459768
obviously autism

btw adhd is bearable on its own, but combine it with depression and it's pretty bad

>let's do something useful today
>immediately distracted or too hyperactive - waste entire day doing stupid shit instead and repeat infinitely
>>
Social Anxiety Disorder
Major Depressive Disorder (recurrent)
>>
>>29459768
That photo is bullshit.
>>
>>29459892
I was diagnosed schizophrenia first you stupid fuck. You should've just told me I'm a fuck for playing the mental ilness olympics. But hey, that's what this thread is basically about.
>>
>>29460226
No drugs - ever (ok some alcohol, but not daily any more). Lifting weights.
And especially: enough sleep every night.
Touching *any* psychedelic drug including (especially?) Marijuana will destroy any progress you have made in trying to escape the feeling you are a prop in a play.
>>
>>29460181
>retards who cant put on their pants
I know those guys I used to work with them. I kek'd. Thanks man.
>>
>>29460300
>And especially: enough sleep every night.
Kek. Due to an unrelated physical illness I've been chronically tired every day this entire year. The DR was largely going away but now it hits me many times a day.

But yes I agree that touching any drug again will exasperate the condition.

What I mean though is how are you coping mentally with it? Do you still get panic attacks from it? I seem to have taken a excellent route and I'm coping with it very well compared to when I first experienced it as an adult
>>
>>29460195
It wouldn't be a disorder if it was normal dipass. And those aren't the only symptoms dear god.
>>
>>29460366

normies pretend and lie that they're not completely fucked up just like ASPD and narcs
>>
Substance induced psychosis nos (memes)
>>
>>29459768

Bipolar disorder is far worse than depression in any form, it's just quite a rare diagnosis and most assholes that claim it are self diagnosed.
>>
>>29460366
Normal people are self-centered. Narcissistic-personality disorder is something far above. It used to be called sociopathy/psychopathy. My father had Npd and he fucked me and my mother up something fierce.
>>
Where is schizoid ?
>>
I get panic attacks with depersonalization. r8?
>>
>>29460499

It's the 21st century, man
>>
>>29459956
>Relating a mental illness to a website

You're extremely retarded. That's like associating ringing the doorbell with wearing shoes.
>>
Reminder that self-diagnosed illnesses are not real.
>>
>>29460519
Kekd hard friendo
>>
>>29460112
I want to say you're baiting, but you seem to be either genuinely stupid or mentally slow. Sorry about that. It's not too late to save face and say that you actually were baiting. Even if you really weren't.
>>
>>29459768
>Therapist says you have Major Depression and yet says I don't need pills
Gonna kms soon
>>
>>29460617
Killing yourself would teach them a lesson, maybe even ruin their career
lelworthy
>>
>>29460535
Really? So if someone self-diagnoses, then gets the same diagnosis from a doctor, it wasn't "real" until the doctor said it was? Everyone would have perfect mental health if they just avoided psychiatrists that told them they have a problem? Idiot.
>>
>>29460668

well since there's no such thing as mental illness and its a scam to sell you pills, yes
>>
>>29460554
Read my first reply (>>29459956), I specifically said there was a difference between the two OCDs, and then you reply that I'm stupid for thinking that true OCD is symmetry and nice looking shit, something I never actually said
Stay dumb

>>29460521
Are you fucking brain damaged? The picture in OP is all about relating it to tumblr which is why I said it
Fucking hell some of the people on here are fried in the head
>>
File: 1405913322565.jpg (33 KB, 385x346) Image search: [Google]
1405913322565.jpg
33 KB, 385x346
>>29459768
anyone knows who is the tumblr girl?

i want to be a slave for that goddess
>>
File: M8LrRT1.jpg (52 KB, 841x665) Image search: [Google]
M8LrRT1.jpg
52 KB, 841x665
>>29459768
I'm sure I have very mild schizophrenia or at least full on schizotypal-personality disorder. I don't want to get it validated because I know they'll fucking put me away or on some list that I get put on a regular radar for. I don't believe they can accept violent suggestions and still treat them as confidential.
I still feel against talking about the shit I deal with on 4chan.
I'm a miserable mother fucker as well.

I have no idea where I fit in.
I can seem friendly mid-conversation for about 5 minutes before they can tell something's up, why do they say "you're weird" and other variations do they expect me to get off on it like a fucking tumblrina who wears mental illnesses like scout badges.
Probably some sort of austimo as well.
>>
>>29460668

Self diagnosis is not a reliable and unbiased way of findingnoout what's wrong with you.

It takes a lot more than reading shit on the internet or a single doctor's visit to make a diagnosis.

>t. Someone Who Is Going Through Referral And Consultation At A Mental Health Clinic
>>
>>29459768
>obsessive compulsive disorder worse than PTSD
you are aware of the fact that exactly 0% of people on tumblr have PTSD
I think alot of soldiers would choose to wash hands 1000 times every night in exchange for their PTSD
>>
>>29460362
It's hard to say. I recently quit smoking (no nicotine at all) and it has been total hell. Life feels unreal and totally pointless. But since quitting smoking the dreaded morning anxiety is totally gone.

At least I don't have the debilitating depression and anxiety any longer. I was going to kill myself if that had not stopped.

I guess I just try to have hope. If nothing else the future looks interesting and I'm curious.
>>
>>29461010
I knew a guy who had OCD.
It's bad, really bad, so bad he decided suicide was a better option.
>>
>>29459768
avoidant here. i thought i was like, not so bad. but yeah i think avoidant is pretty fucked up desu
>>
>ptsd
>special snowflake tier
why do we act like this isnt bait
>>
>>29460716
You are really dedicated to this baiting thing, huh? Good for you.
Have a (You). I admire that kind of ambition.
>>
>>29461068
Avoidant is really bad because it tends to compound with other issues and it makes it difficult to actually get help.
>>
>>29459768
Bipolar is pretty fucked up man.

BPD is kind of a meme, but not really. It's often just kind of a blanket diagnosis for people who've taken too many drugs.

I have chronic HPPD and DP/DR, along with severe depression, and generalised anxiety disorder (i.e almost always fucking anxious, in my case). I've also been diagnosed with bipolar, which was eventually refuted from a psychiatrist, as suspect.
>>
File: 1466411376705.png (865 KB, 833x899) Image search: [Google]
1466411376705.png
865 KB, 833x899
>>29459768
Damn I was looking for schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder and thought I was safe for a bit
>>
>>29461181
fuck, ok. i'm already 23..
>>
File: fixedchart.jpg (435 KB, 1333x1871) Image search: [Google]
fixedchart.jpg
435 KB, 1333x1871
the chart has been fixed
>>
File: self diagnosis screencap.png (30 KB, 1324x278) Image search: [Google]
self diagnosis screencap.png
30 KB, 1324x278
>>29460668
Would you go around claiming you have cancer if you're not diagnosed? Sure, you have it before you're officially given a diagnosis, but it would be fucking retarded to assume you have the ability to diagnose it. Same goes for mental illnesses.

Pic related puts it well.
>>
>>29461655
Also, reminder that these chart threads are tumblr tier, and on the same level as the oppression olympics, with the whole "I have it worse off than you so therefore am better" shit, and anyone who responds seriously to say anything but how retarded they are should go over there instead.
>>
>>29459823
see
>>29459929
My OCD spell was literally the worst 8 years of my life. If I actually had depression during that time I would have killed myself no doubt, but I was a little too young.
>>
>>29459823
actual OCD isn't normie at all

I was compelled to lick myself constantly in public several years ago when I still had it.
Normies don't sit in church pews and lick themselves throughout the whole mass with everyone staring because they have to kill the germs.
>>
>>29460195
>all normies are narcissistic and lacking in empathy

i just find this extremely ironic and funny coming from the kind of people that promote rape because they can't get laid
>>
anyone knows how to get over avoidant personality disorder, i'm not sure what i should do about it, and i can't get my self to go to a physiologist, I'm even afraid to call them and get rejected.
>>
>>29462374
If you haven't seen a psychologist, don't assume you have a fucking personality disorder, you nearly definitely just have garden variety anxiety.

And also, you're being stupid. You can't get rejected from a medical practitioner, they just refer you to someone more appropriate for you at worst. Go see your GP, talk to them and see what they say.
>>
>>29459998
I've actually got myself out of it

My depersonalisation is not gone, but I do not notice it anymore nor do I care>>29460130
>>
>>29459823
Fuck off, I would kill not to have OCD
>>
>>29459768
Why do I need to be a robot or be mentally ill to have my misery justified?
>>
>>29459823
Not really, OCD has fucking ruined my life. I have had a constant slew of obsessions over the past five years. Recently I had obsessive thoughts about cutting my finger off because I thought it got infected and I needed to purify my hand. When I walk out on the street (which is rare as I almost never leave my house because of this) a lot of times I have obsessive thoughts to throw myself into traffic or kill myself in public in someway. OCD coupled with major depression can be disabling.
>>
>>29462621
>>29462491
Stop replying to that shitty bait. People like you are the reason that sort of shit gets posted in the first place. He doesn't actually think it, just knows it will get (you)'s.
>>
>>29459768
Where's Gender Identity disorder and Anorexia?
>>
>>29462678
Gender Identity disorder
>the most tumblr-tier

Anorexia
>nearing but not quite robot tier
>>
>>29462643
I don't think it's bait, though. Is it really unbelievable that someone could think OCD is a meme illness?
>>
>>29460835
I had a good, extremely experienced psychiatrist at a psych ward, and she essentially said that as the person experiencing symptoms, you do have insight which is unavailable to the staff, so your input can be quite valuable. Sounds like the staff at your clinic just think you're retarded.
>>
>>29462862
It's absolutely bait. He's calling two of the disorders people claim to have here most often normie/tumblr tier, with no explanation. It's just an inflammatory comment designed to get (you)'s, which is what bait is.
>>
>>29462913
If you think that means you should diagnose yourself, you're a fucking moron. It's just them saying that only you can tell them what's going on inside your head, as in what you're thinking, not your theories about what diagnosis you have.

Read what >>29461655 posted in the image.
>>
>>29462921
>>29462643
That was me and it's not bait, get out of here with your special snowflake memes
>>
File: Mental_Illness_Chart.png (39 KB, 752x842) Image search: [Google]
Mental_Illness_Chart.png
39 KB, 752x842
>>29459768
This is how it really is.
>>
>>29463200
Gee, it's almost like this is what someone who was baiting would say to try to get more (you)'s.
>>
>>29463224
Also, make sure to actually read everything on the chart before commenting something stupid.
>>
>>29463224
Even this chart sucks. Literally every one of those disorders should be in the grey zone, because they all vary greatly.
>>
>>29459823
>>29459929
Everyone I know with OCD is a complete normie/pseudo-Chad
>>
>>29463301
It's based on averages man. Of course every illness differs per person, but these are just based on averages. The gray area ones are just there because they are always different.

t. Licensed psychologist
>>
>>29463224
hey at least im a high ranked individual at SOMETHING.
>>
>>29463274
You said it yourself, those are the two diseases that everyone and their dog will claim to have when everyone knows you just want a special title to make you feel that little bit unique
Come back when you have a real illness lol
>>
>>29463363
But that makes no sense. MDD in particular varies massively, from very mild to very severe. And dysthmia is by definition mild depression, it's just chronic, it shouldn't be on the same level as Bipolar type 1.

Same with OCD, it can be pretty mild or super severe. Same for all of these disorders really, the only ones that are on average really bad are the psychotic types ones, because psychosis is by it's nature pretty extreme.

As an apparently licensed psychologist, you should understand that you can't rank disorders like this, and that anyone who tries to do so is just going to make themselves look dumb. We base severity off how a patient functions, not off what disorder they have.

>>29463434
Fuck off retard.
>>
ITT: people under 27 who think they have a mental illness,
Or worse want to have a mental illness

Your grey matter is still developing.
And you dont want a mental illness.
Even for the neet bucks.
>>
>>29463450
Thanks for calling me the correct term of retard, it matches my OCD and depression :^)
>>
>>29463450
Dysthymia is a long term form of depression. The benefit of MDD is that it comes in cycles, so you can still be productive at times.
>>
>>29463511
Dysthymia is a chronic episode of very low level depression, yes. It won't have the same impact as MDD does, otherwise it would just be diagnosed as MDD with a chronic single episode.

Most people with it are able to function fine.
>>
>>29460472
AND AMEN TO THAT (someone with ACTUAL bipolar disorder)
>>
Worth noting self-diagnosis are not valid because someone with a license and full knowledge on the subject that they went to school for needs to confirm it. Although, if you feel you might have a diagnosis, bring it up with your psychologist/psychiatrist.

Self-diagnosis are generally biased and you conform to those standards of the symptoms. Although, it does need to be kept in mind not everyone can afford to see a professional and acquire a diagnosis.

I think it's okay to identify if you've seriously done some serious fucking work, are not flippant about it, and really think it over. But of course its not medically valid without a diagnosis. So it's of little use other than to find other people similar to yourself and discuss those issues you share.
>>
>>29463542
OK. You have convinced me to update my chart. I will improve it and post it later.
>>
>>29463459
OR ITT: people who have a valid diagnosis and are in therapy and on medication to keep a disorder they have under control. Of course nobody under the age of 27 can have a mental illness. Children with autism, not a thing. Of course.
>>
>>29463689
>>29460472

I know a couple people who have legitimate bipolar disorder. They are literally fucked. If you see them you in a particular episode you would full on see they are cuckoo
>>
>>29463804
Watch him reply to you saying that kids can't have autism. This shit always happens on this site.
>>
>>29463804
You know who i never see in treatment?

Scientologists
>>
Literally found out this week I have some degree of autism that my parents kept silent.
>>
>>29463828
This board is proof that they can.
>>
>>29463848
That's because their cult discourages medical treatment of all types.
>>
File: mental_illness_chart_V2.png (48 KB, 752x1044) Image search: [Google]
mental_illness_chart_V2.png
48 KB, 752x1044
Back again with an improved chart. I fixed some errors.
>>
>>29463349
OCD and OCPD are different things
>>
File: I just call it autismo.png (14 KB, 315x265) Image search: [Google]
I just call it autismo.png
14 KB, 315x265
>tfw similar minds always puts Avoidant really high
>tfw I want to get checked out but I don't how and I don't want to waste anyone's time
>>
>>29464181
Original dude you argued with this about, and I like this one way more. I think it's about as good as ranking mental illnesses in charts is ever going to get.
>>
>>29464266
Thanks. I hope my chart becomes the gold standard.
>>
>>29459823
I'm glad I broke out of any kind of obsessive behaviour very early on.
"Luckily" a lot of mine was linked with religion (i used to have to say certain words in the right order in prayers at the exact right time, cross myself if I swore, have to say holy things for every bad thing, just as a beginning), so when my mum got cancer and it began my decline in faith, it all just lost any meaning.
>>
>>29463825
I'm generally all good if I take all of my medications at the same time each day. Sometimes swings still happen but they're more mild. But I have bipolar II so I don't get full on batshit manic. Just major depression and hypomania. But yeah, off meds or missing doses is actual hell...unless you have hypomania, then it's kinda fun. Frustrating, but fun. :P
>>
>>29464181
Yeah my attempt at fixing it earlier was pretty lazy. You've pretty much fucking nailed it. <3 I also may have spat out my soda laughing at the APD subtext.

Of course this isn't supposed to be 100% accurate, it's better organized with less arbitrary and stupid attempts at humor. This one is actually kinda funny.
>>
>>29464815
Thanks. I included the note at the bottom to prevent a lot of angry shitposting and arguing.
>>
>>29464181
I'm thinking about adding agoraphobia to the high tier on this chart. Should I?
>>
>>29465025
No. It can be crippling in some but easily ignored in others. For instance, both my younger sister and I have agoraphobia, but I am able to successfully live with it much better than she can. Maybe gray-tier.
>>
>>29459768
Extreme germ-phobia, I change my cloths 5-8 times a day along with at least 3-5 showers and go though at least a thing of soap a day.
>>
File: big ducky.png (210 KB, 1746x800) Image search: [Google]
big ducky.png
210 KB, 1746x800
>>29459823
YES OMG HOLY FUCK I KNOW A MAN WITH OCD AND DEPRESSION AND I WANT TO MOUTDER THAT FUCKER WITH A FORK
>>
>>29464732
My hypomania is sometimes the fucking best, like flying high on meth and everything is perfect tier.
>>
>>29465262
Have fun with your dry skin and decreased resistance to disease.
>>
>>29459768
No, severe depression is robot tier. Anyone can have major depressive disorder.

Also, agoraphobia.
>>
File: abstraction.jpg (134 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
abstraction.jpg
134 KB, 895x895
>>29459823
>>29465284
>he doesn't understand what ocd actually is
NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29465317
moisturizers nigga, skin is soft as fuck and disease is irrelevant since I've not left the house in months
>>
>>29463349
normies have "ocd" the same way they have "crippling depression"
>>
>>29465397
Have fun with your hands that always smell like lotion.
>>
>>29465437
better to smell of flowers then be covered in a layer of human shit you mongrol
>>
>>29465479
Have fun with your persistent aromatic aroma.
>>
>Major Depressive Disorder
>Avoidant Personality Disorder
>Schizoid Personality Disorder
>Agoraphobia
>Real OCD

Also, >>29465338 MDD is severe and reoccurring depression friendo. It's clinical depression not just Normie tiered attention seeking.
>>
>>29459768
How is bipolar disorder more normie than major depression? It's just major depression plus mania.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.